Sign in to follow this  
lonewolf

2XU Compression Run 2019 - 07 Apr (Sun)

masthead.jpg

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/2XUCompressionRunSG/
Registrationhttps://reg5.digitalracesolutions.com.sg/cgi-bin/registration/2xu2019/prereg.cgi

Date : 7 April 2019 (Sun)
Time: 4:30AM
Venue: F1 Pit Building

Flag off Time:  0430 (21.1km) 0630 (10k) 0800 (5K)
Cut-off Time: 4 hrs (21.1km) 2.5hrs (10K) 1.5hrs (5K)

860721084_2019-04-072XUCompressionRunFee.jpg.7744a1cd6e2af73dd2a1a46a2692cf6a.jpg

*Participants from 2014-2018.

*Participants of any one edition of 2XU Compression Run Singapore from 2014-2018. Please ensure that the same NRIC / FIN / Passport Number is used as your past registration. Should you face any problems, please do not proceed with registration and email us for assistance. No refunds will be given for price difference from the loyalty rate.

Runner's Entitlement

• 2XU Singlet
  • 2XU Finisher T-Shirt for 21.1km
  • Finisher Medal

Race Pack Collection

Date: 29 - 31 March 2019
Time: 11am to 8pm (29 March 2019) & 11am to 7pm (30-31 March 2019)
Venue: Marina Square Level 2 Central Atrium, 6 Raffles Blvd, S039594

Sgrunners Members Joining the Race: lonewolf @Arvin Tunas 

Sgrunners Members Skipping the Race: @beast, @wonderfulblevic, @NoobieRunner, @ayukawa22 @Ender @stalky79

Edited by lonewolf
  • Like 1

Organized runs are smart to "save the date", due to the large number of runs in the current running calendar. 

I wish runs could spread themselves out more throughout the course of the year. April-September appears to be the peak period for running events. Not many such events in the Oct-Jan period (except for Stand Chart + a few others). 

Every year for this race, the 'no marathon' comment keep coming up. Like a broken record. :crazysmile:

Dun know why this keeps coming up when Pink Apple has more than on one occasion categorially stated that they have ZERO inclination to stage another FM. -_-

I agree that it's really early this year I remember registering for this race at the end of Dec last year. This year Early Bird ends in November. It's smart of Pink Apple to 'lock in' participation early. It does not hurt that they can also use the monies paid for the early race registration to assist in the cash flow (regardless of whether it's needed or not by Pink Apple)

$2 inflation across the board :money:

20 minutes ago, lonewolf said:

Every year for this race, the 'no marathon' comment keep coming up. Like a broken record. :crazysmile:

Dun know why this keeps coming up when Pink Apple has more than on one occasion categorially stated that they have ZERO inclination to stage another FM. -_-

I agree that it's really early this year I remember registering for this race at the end of Dec last year. This year Early Bird ends in November. It's smart of Pink Apple to 'lock in' participation early. It does not hurt that they can also use the monies paid for the early race registration to assist in the cash flow (regardless of whether it's needed or not by Pink Apple)

Maybe only Autumn bro still harbouring hope bah..... he is always hopeful on a lot things that 99.99% will not happen haha.....

Anyway will skip....overcrowded and expensive race ($62 for HM???).... will just join Income Run instead...... 

• Haha 1

Loyalty so high at $62.  What was last year price, I forgotten liao, even though I signed up then.

Edited by Ender

1 hour ago, Ender said:

Loyalty so high at $62.  What was last year price, I forgotten liao, even though I signed up then.

It was SGD60.00 on 21KM for loyalty rate in last year. 3.333333333%  increment...

Edited by ZZIZZ

12 hours ago, AutumnRunner said:

This year still no full marathon... can register? That's fast....

this year over liao...can register for this year de ar? :P

13 hours ago, beast said:

Maybe only Autumn bro still harbouring hope bah..... he is always hopeful on a lot things that 99.99% will not happen haha.....

Anyway will skip....overcrowded and expensive race ($62 for HM???).... will just join Income Run instead...... 

Haiz. You said it not me. :crazysmile: I dun want to say it cos it seems as if I'm always hitting at him (in jest of cos). :fish:

This is one of my streak races so I will probably continue running it. But I'm not sure if I will continue to join if the fee hits $70 (which it will in a year or two). Cross that bridge when it comes. 

Of cos another reason to join is for the potential ELM medal :bling:

So expensive? Soon I won't be loyalty runner liao - then even less motivated to sign up 😁

Income run again. Wil also get a black color tee to sleep in

Have been a fan of this race for some years already.
But now price too high for half-marathon (Noobie budget for HM is between $50-$55).
Cost of living getting higher liao.....
And still running at Marina-GBSS area.
Gonna give it a pass with no regrets

On 9/20/2018 at 10:28 PM, lonewolf said:

I also think based on domestic quota.. commerical return is maxed out for 2 FM road races. Anything more it is hard to keep e profits rolling in just based on hardcore ppl..

Wah chop carrot . $62 ? Did they mix up with full marathon registration fee? Local races are becoming more expensive to join and I dun see improvement in the organisation at all. I gonna skip this. 

7 hours ago, ayukawa22 said:

Wah chop carrot . $62 ? Did they mix up with full marathon registration fee? Local races are becoming more expensive to join and I dun see improvement in the organisation at all. I gonna skip this. 

There was a lot of hiccups for the Malaysia edition this year as well. You can read the angry comments here
https://www.facebook.com/pg/2XUCompressionRunMalaysia/posts/?ref=page_internal

Basically the main complaints are high registration fees and unripe green bananas!

To charge such a high price really have to make the race different from the rest of the HMs out there. Just last weekend already have 2 HM races at Marina-GBB area with parts of the route overlapping each other. And both cheaper than 2XU race - so why pay more? 

Edited by NoobieRunner

I'm going to call it now that despite many sgrunners intending to skip this race, I'm still expecting a huge turnout for this race.

This race has always been super popular because of the 2XU brand. And the quality of the singlet and finisher Tees is definitely better than CS, NB, Mizuno, Adidas and Brooks. 

This race is one of the 四大天王 of sg running scene together with SAFRA SBR, Sundown and SCSM. Despite the high price, it will probably remain so. 

I think we have discussed on the everlasting enigma of this race. Every year, both this race and Income Eco Race (fka Run350) take place at about the same time in April. Despite a significantly cheaper fee, Income Eco Run always attracts a smaller turnout. Why? We never figured it out. 

My guess is that the race is attracting a lot of occasional and recreational racers - those that joined only a handful of events a year. 

Hmm.. maybe I should start a running tally on the 1st post on those who have declared their intention to run or not run this race. That may be fun ^_^

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, lonewolf said:

I'm going to call it now that despite many sgrunners intending to skip this race, I'm still expecting a huge turnout for this race.

This race has always been super popular because of the 2XU brand. And the quality of the singlet and finisher Tees is definitely better than CS, NB, Mizuno, Adidas and Brooks. 

This race is one of the 四大天王 of sg running scene together with SAFRA SBR, Sundown and SCSM. Despite the high price, it will probably remain so. 

I think we have discussed on the everlasting enigma of this race. Every year, both this race and Income Eco Race (fka Run350) take place at about the same time in April. Despite a significantly cheaper fee, Income Eco Run always attracts a smaller turnout. Why? We never figured it out. 

My guess is that the race is attracting a lot of occasional and recreational racers - those that joined only a handful of events a year. 

Hmm.. maybe I should start a running tally on the 1st post on those who have declared their intention to run or not run this race. That may be fun ^_^

You are right bro lonewolf.

The recent YOLO run fiasco already can tell that despite getting the short end of the stick (putting it nicely) for last year edition, people still go and run this year edition and got screwed again.
Maybe it's the Singaporean psyche to keep on voting for the same race over and over again despite knowing it is bad for them to begin with.
Suddenly these words sound so true;-
"Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me" and "Insanity is doing the same thing and expecting different results"

2 hours ago, lonewolf said:

I declare I am breaking the streak for next year run. Loyalty rate at $62 is painful for my wallet.

Lai Lai. Started tally of those running or not running this race.

Those intending to run or not run this race (for whatever reasons) sound off here and I will update the first post.

Current tally: 1 - 5

Right now, living up to my nick, only one intending to continue with my streak.  :crazysmile:

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, lonewolf said:

Lai Lai. Started tally of those running or not running this race.

Those intending to run or not run this race (for whatever reasons) sound off here and I will update the first post.

Current tally: 1 - 5

Right now, living up to my nick, only one intending to continue with my streak.  :crazysmile:

Just to make it official;- Noobie not signing up. It's a chop carrot race.

If there is still strong support after the price has increased, it is a mandate for other races to also increase their prices which ultimately cause (consumers) runners to lose out.

Decided not to sign up for this.. (unless if it’s free), if I sign up limpeh cut 

Edited by stalky79
  • Like 1