Sign in to follow this  
stalky79

Standard Chartered Marathon - Hong Kong 17th Feb 2019

Done, may the odds be in our favour. 

This time around, they are giving medals to all category not just the full marathon. 

Edited by Arvin Tunas

Really no luck with balloting

Thank you for applying for the Standard Chartered Hong Kong Marathon 2019. Result of your application is as below:

Public Ballot Status: On Waiting List (Pending)

Result of the second-round ballot will be announced at 10:00am on 26 October 2018, Friday.Notification emails will be sent to you.

28 minutes ago, stalky79 said:

Really no luck with balloting

Thank you for applying for the Standard Chartered Hong Kong Marathon 2019. Result of your application is as below:

Public Ballot Status: On Waiting List (Pending)

Result of the second-round ballot will be announced at 10:00am on 26 October 2018, Friday.Notification emails will be sent to you.

Still got chance. dun lose hope. I last time also kena this.

No news for me yet...

Edited by yh90

29 minutes ago, yh90 said:

Still got chance. dun lose hope. I last time also kena this.

No news for me yet...

Thanks for the info 

Got the ballot. Mine is 635am start but i dunno want to do this race or not.

This is a hilly Course so loads of hilly runs is required.

Edited by yh90

1 hour ago, yh90 said:

Got the ballot. Mine is 635am start but i dunno want to do this race or not.

This is a hilly Course so loads of hilly runs is required.

From the FAQs: Is the Marathon course very hilly?
The elevation of the Marathon course ranges from 30 meters below sea level to 90 meters above sea level. The lowest point of the entire route will be located inside Western Harbour Tunnel and the highest point will be the Tsing Ma Bridge section.

It is not flat for sure but definitely won't be very hilly either. Form what I recall, the expressways are more of a gradual incline, don't think your "loads of hilly runs" is particularly correct.

And assuming you are aiming for PBs, why would you want to ballot in the first place?

Edited by beast

6 minutes ago, beast said:

From the FAQs: Is the Marathon course very hilly?
The elevation of the Marathon course ranges from 30 meters below sea level to 90 meters above sea level. The lowest point of the entire route will be located inside Western Harbour Tunnel and the highest point will be the Tsing Ma Bridge section.

It is not flat for sure but definitely won't be very hilly either. Form what I recall, the expressways are more of a gradual incline, don't think your "loads of hilly runs" is particularly correct.

And assuming you are aiming for PBs, why would you want to ballot in the first place?

I went there once. So it's possible to pb down there if you know how to pace yourself.

Oh, my apologies..

Heng ahhhh....successful in my maiden SCHKM ballot!!! Ok, see you guys in HK next year. Now chop chop book cheap flights and hotels 1st!!!

On 10/15/2018 at 11:41 AM, yh90 said:

I went there once. So it's possible to pb down there if you know how to pace yourself.

Oh, my apologies..

still doesn't explain why you balloted when you still have doubts if you should go only....waste ballot slot?

On the waiting list, hoping I will not get it since I got Tokyo Marathon slot. 

It is not a flat course, quite a lot  major climb though gradual at those bridges and at Central area. But if you are used only to run in Singapore or hot climate, the cold weather in HK surely helps a lot to get PB.