lonewolf

Income Eco Run 2019 - 28 Apr (Sun)

On 11/5/2018 at 2:29 AM, prisangel said:

Oops, clash with London Marathon, which I got a ballot place for.

Is it still considered as a streak if I register for this and get someone else run on my behalf with my bib? Haha!

Congrats. Happy to help you with your plans if you need any :)

6 hours ago, Lady Ice said:

Congrats. Happy to help you with your plans if you need any :)

Thanks for the offer, Lady Ice!

On 1/9/2019 at 4:34 AM, prisangel said:

Thanks for the offer, Lady Ice!

Feel free to email me :)

On 1/11/2019 at 10:46 PM, Lady Ice said:

Feel free to email me :)

Thanks. Will do if I need any assistance or help for anything.

It still looks to be a bottle opener...

Edited by ZZIZZ

2 hours ago, lonewolf said:

Finisher medal revealed. Looks like a coloured medal.

Thank you for sharing. I'm wondering whether the singlet of this year will still be orange color...

Edited by ZZIZZ

Just as I signed up as zero waste runner, they came out the medal design, looks quite nice and different from normal medals. 

6 minutes ago, ZZIZZ said:

Thank you for sharing. I'm wondering whether the singlet of this year will still be orange color...

They gave sneak preview of the singlet design in the FB page, no need to guess what is the colour.

30 minutes ago, Arvin Tunas said:

They gave sneak preview of the singlet design in the FB page, no need to guess what is the colour.

Alright, I will stop guessing since you gave the clue here.

5 hours ago, lonewolf said:

50778360_10156898157330629_2632143464376

Great concept involved.. However I wouldn't use as opener if I win. It's a special one. isn't it?

5 hours ago, lonewolf said:

50778360_10156898157330629_2632143464376

Great concept involved.. However I wouldn't use as opener if I win. It's a special one. isn't it?

9 minutes ago, StephanieChew said:

I dun know what you are talking about.

It's not a winner medal. It's a finisher medal. If you din sign up as Zero Waster Runner, as long as you complete the race, you will get the medal. 

2 hours ago, ZZIZZ said:

Just for you bro.

Sorry I missed out on posting this earlier.

50510644_10156886772315629_8660890849049

It's not a winner medal. It's a finisher medal. If you din sign up as Zero Waster Runner, as long as you complete the race, you will get the medal. 

Stephanie means that she will not use this medal to open a beer bottle, even if its design looks like an opener... 🤣 No worries, this is not the first time Income Eco Run's medal is designed as an opener. 😂

26 minutes ago, Ender said:

There was one  year that the event singlet is white.

Exactly, I remember so. That's why I dared to guess and wanted to see the change happening in this year, but...🤩.

It doesn't matter, let's wait for 2020... 😆😂

Edited by ZZIZZ

3 hours ago, lonewolf said:

Just for you bro.

Sorry I missed out on posting this earlier.

Thank you very much Bro~~~ 👍

13 hours ago, Ender said:

I lost that one during business trip...left it in the hotel room.. :(

13 hours ago, Ender said:

Yeah but that was in 2014 when it was Run350. And that the one I used every year when I ran in the race (even though it was not my first Run350/Eco Run)

13 hours ago, ZZIZZ said:

Stephanie means that she will not use this medal to open a beer bottle, even if its design looks like an opener... 🤣 No worries, this is not the first time Income Eco Run's medal is designed as an opener. 😂

She says she won't use it 'if I win' implying that she thought it was a winner's medal. 

29 minutes ago, lonewolf said:

She says she won't use it 'if I win' implying that she thought it was a winner's medal.

All the finishers are winners! 👍💪👏😝

18 hours ago, lonewolf said:

Got it. Thanks!!

50577935_10156886765400629_3760441015236

Personally, I think it's a missed opportunity that the reusable cup is only given to Zero Waste Runners. 

I think if it's also given to those who opt not to be Zero Waste Runners, many would use it. I know I would. 

Hopefully, it would be on sale at the RPC for a reasonable price. I would buy one.

Edited by lonewolf

Personally, I think it's a missed opportunity that the reusable cup is only given to Zero Waste Runners. 

I think if it's also given to those who opt not to be Zero Waste Runners, many would use it. I know I would. 

Hopefully, it would be on sale at the RPC for a reasonable price. I would buy one.

I think the organizer of the run is doing things that essentially contradicts one another.

Firstly, the definition of zero waste to them is not to have finisher shirt and medal.

Zero waste runners still use the paper cups during the run, so this doesn't make them true zero waste.

With the cup, it is really debatable as to how many would actually carry it during the run. So if it is exclusively to just them and not all of them will use it, this creates more waste also. 

By not providing the cup to the other runners, this prevents other runners from creating less waste if they decide to use the cup. But that being said, if they give to everyone but not everyone will use them, this creates even more waste as well.

I know I am in the minority, but the biggest missed opportunity is that they should aim to be the first run without use of paper cups.  This would then truly work towards the theme of less waste.

Let me put this in another way.

Hoping that 100% of the runners will use the reusable cup is unrealistic. Even if 20% of the Zero Waste Runner use the reusable cup, that's 20% that will not use the paper cup. My point is that if all runners are given the reusable cup, then the potential of using fewer paper cups will be much higher.

I don't think there is anything wrong with defining Zero Waste runner as not having the finisher medal and tee. The key thing is that there will be savings. Though the organiser seems to think that finisher medal and tee are 'waste' which can be a little insulting to some of us who view those items a little differently. But it is a choice and up to the individual to decide. 

BYOB/BYOC will probably be too drastic a step to take. I would not be surprised if they get to that eventually in the years to come. 

On 1/29/2019 at 5:18 AM, Ender said:

yes... i quite like the design and cutting.... still using it these days...