Sign in to follow this  
jerrylam

Craze Ultra 2018 - 45km / 63km / 101km / 100 miles, 3rd - 4th November 2018

9 hours ago, jerrylam said:

Steady lah brudder!!! Can also see my brief 'guest appearance'in theCP6 and CP5 return videosLOL

You'll need one set of videos for 100 miles to complete the collection.

I think there won't be video recording if I am attempting 100mile, where got energy to do so??

1 hour ago, puppyrun said:

Enjoyed watching your handsome sunshine smiling face and your abilityto still talk steadily and smile at every single check point.:)

Just wondering, did you guys really continue to walk/run when it poured heavily, like in your returning CP5, or wait it out, thus sacrificing may be 30 mins of the time?

Thanks. I thought I have started talking gibberish after CP4... Haaa

Wrt rain, I continued to power-walk in the rain. :)

Edited by simonleng

11 hours ago, AutumnRunner said:

Congrats once again to all CU nuts who completed and even attempted the race... so happy for all of you.... and i hope there will still be CU19 so that the ultra community can continue to thrive...

Thanks bro! I hope Craze Ultra will continue so that you can still do it once you've finally decided to take the leap of faith.

1 hour ago, puppyrun said:

Just wondering, did you guys really continue to walk/run when it poured heavily, like in your returning CP5, or wait it out, thus sacrificing may be 30 mins of the time?

Unlike our usualHM or FM which startsat or around 5am and ends before noon, Craze Ultra starts at 7am and most runners will be out in the open throughout the hottest parts of the day. The rain is our friend. I wished it started earlier actually like last year, i ran throughthe entire Seletar North Link under the cooling rain. Regardless, i was so happy when it finally rained heavily in the late afternoon. At CP5, we didn't wait it out. I joined @simonlengas he departed the CP when it was raining the heaviest. Soaked thoroughly from head to toe, but it cooled down our body temperature significantly and allowed us to move faster as compared to when its hot. Like @wonderfulblevic, i wished the rain was longer too

16 hours ago, AutumnRunner said:

see... this year i kept muted... haaa... not really due to what u said, but cause of work and family commitments...haaaa... so just the right time... else I will be caught in the midst of Simon and Beast....

Lol.. I see, yeah work and family comes first... but welcome back to the CrazeUltra forum thread now then. Hahah....

After the successful crazy ultra, I think I have decided to downsize to participate the Forest Force 50 (50km trail running) happening on 4 May startingfrom Dairy Farm. Trails should be cooler under tree shade. Anyone had ran this before?

From their website, it says "The main highlight is the 50km which is a single continuous run that doesn't involve any loops"

1 hour ago, loderunner said:

After the successful crazy ultra, I think I have decided to downsize to participate the Forest Force 50 (50km trail running) happening on 4 May startingfrom Dairy Farm. Trails should be cooler under tree shade. Anyone had ran this before?

From their website, it says "The main highlight is the 50km which is a single continuous run that doesn't involve any loops"

The weather in May is expected to be hot... running 50KM will take longer time after sunrise, even in the tree or under the shadow, still hot and humid. so... better set expectation to yourself.

14 hours ago, loderunner said:

I've done the 50km at The North Face 100 and MSIG 50 before, but not this one. A different beast to tackle all together due to the uneven terrain and elevation. Yes, the shades will provide some shelter, but not all parts of the trail aresheltered such as the Belukar trail. During the hottest part of the day (12.00pm - 4.00pm), the trees will actually trap the heat in the trail, that's something you'll need to get used to during training. All the best buddy!!

3 hours ago, jerrylam said:

I've done the 50km at The North Face 100 and MSIG 50 before, but not this one. A different beast to tackle all together due to the uneven terrain and elevation. Yes, the shades will provide some shelter, but not all parts of the trail aresheltered such as the Belukar trail. During the hottest part of the day (12.00pm - 4.00pm), the trees will actually trap the heat in the trail, that's something you'll need to get used to during training. All the best buddy!!

Bro, are you signing up for the Forest Force 50? Am considering to go for the 25km as a LSD for Sundown.

7 hours ago, beast said:

Bro, are you signing up for the Forest Force 50? Am considering to go for the 25km as a LSD for Sundown.

I've not decided yet, but will b tempted. Sounds interesting in my opinion...