Sign in to follow this  
jerrylam

Craze Ultra 2018 - 45km / 63km / 101km / 100 miles, 3rd - 4th November 2018

10 hours ago, loderunner said:

Thanks, Beast. I am not bringing any special needs bag. I believe the wonderful selection of food and beverages at the CPs should be more than sufficient for my lightweight body. OK, so I can save my time coming down this evening to collect.

Lastly, I wish all runners in this Craze Ultra 2018 a great time tomorrow.

remember to bring some cash, because there is a mcdonald at the petrol kiosk at tampines. can eat samurai burger as dinner :)

4 hours ago, ZZIZZ said:

Thank you for your encouragement. I participated around 20 HM races in 2017 and 2018 so far, so I know my limit is at 25KM, can't do further~~~ 

orgh.... poison you another time then :P

Happy running for all craze nuts.

Run past some of them on the way home from work along Pasir Ris Farmway and Pasir Ris Drive, hope I didn't distract some of you too much.

Encountered 🐕🐕🐕🐶🐶🐶 muilple times at Punggol Park.... One dog attempted to follow me for a short stretch.... 😭😭😭😢😢😢

This is my 1st Craze 101 km run and I am SO happy to complete it. The organiser, volunteers, food, drinks  as well as the directional signage is fantastic. Well done!

The mistake I made as a first time participant was my naïve belief that I can just survive on the CP food (sandwich, cookies,banana,etc). So I must thank SimonLeng for this great advice of carrying cash to buy a more proper meal. In the end, I was almost out of energy. I will remember this in my next run.

9 hours ago, simonleng said:

Encountered 🐕🐕🐕🐶🐶🐶 muilple times at Punggol Park.... One dog attempted to follow me for a short stretch.... 😭😭😭😢😢😢

You must have eaten too much. The dogs can sense food in you so as to keep following you.

Can't wait to read your blog on this run (enjoy reading see how people suffer:devil:)

1 hour ago, loderunner said:

This is my 1st Craze 101 km run and I am SO happy to complete it. The organiser, volunteers, food, drinks  as well as the directional signage is fantastic. Well done!

The mistake I made as a first time participant was my naïve belief that I can just survive on the CP food (sandwich, cookies,banana,etc). So I must thank SimonLeng for this great advice of carrying cash to buy a more proper meal. In the end, I was almost out of energy. I will remember this in my next run.

Still got a next run? You are really nuts!

Congratulations on completing your 1st Craze :thumbsup:

Congratulations to everyone who have finished your respective Craze Ultra distance this morning!! You guys did great despite the heat, humidity and the rain all tormenting us throughout the race. 

I was disappointed that the weather wasn't as rainy and cooling as the last few days. It was warm and hot in the morning, and again The Stretch from Hell  (Seletar North Link to Punggol Marina) proved to be the toughest part to tackle. I had to pace myself properly so that i don't overheat. The rain only finally came towards late evening as i was heading back to MR from Tampines. Late as it was, the rain did help to cool down the weather significantly for a cooling and breezy run to the finishing line.

I left CP4 (Lorong Halus) slightly before Simon. I saw the packs of dogs along Punggol Promenade too...but luckily they were just lazing by the grass and didn't bat an eye at me at all 😅

Was glad to see @Lexham manning CP1!! Thanks for helping to fill up my bottles and also provide me with food when walking another step seem too painful. 

14 hours ago, jerrylam said:

Congratulations to everyone who have finished your respective Craze Ultra distance this morning!! You guys did great despite the heat, humidity and the rain all tormenting us throughout the race. 

I was disappointed that the weather wasn't as rainy and cooling as the last few days. It was warm and hot in the morning, and again The Stretch from Hell  (Seletar North Link to Punggol Marina) proved to be the toughest part to tackle. I had to pace myself properly so that i don't overheat. The rain only finally came towards late evening as i was heading back to MR from Tampines. Late as it was, the rain did help to cool down the weather significantly for a cooling and breezy run to the finishing line.

I left CP4 (Lorong Halus) slightly before Simon. I saw the packs of dogs along Punggol Promenade too...but luckily they were just lazing by the grass and didn't bat an eye at me at all 😅

Was glad to see @Lexham manning CP1!! Thanks for helping to fill up my bottles and also provide me with food when walking another step seem too painful. 

@jerrylam  most welcome!!! You looked pretty fresh and strong! 👍👍

Glad to see some familiar faces at CP1! It was a great pleasure to be helping out!!! My kids enjoyed the experience as well 😊 and were truly inspired by all the Craze Nutz running that day!!!

Congratulations to all finishers!!! You guys are awesome💪💪💪!!

On 11/4/2018 at 5:13 PM, loderunner said:

The mistake I made as a first time participant was my naïve belief that I can just survive on the CP food (sandwich, cookies,banana,etc). So I must thank SimonLeng for this great advice of carrying cash to buy a more proper meal. In the end, I was almost out of energy. I will remember this in my next 

Hi LR, it's my pleasure to meet you during the event and also share the mistakes I have made previously. Anyway, please rest well and see ulyoi again next year. 🙂

On 11/4/2018 at 6:27 PM, puppyrun said:

You must have eaten too much. The dogs can sense food in you so as to keep following you.

Can't wait to read your blog on this run (enjoy reading see how people suffer:devil:)

Well, I didn't eat a lot leh... Only a few bak kwas leh. Blog have to wait till I have recovered from my PTSD. 🤣🤣🤣

22 hours ago, Lexham said:

@jerrylam  most welcome!!! You looked pretty fresh and strong! 👍👍

Glad to see some familiar faces at CP1! It was a great pleasure to be helping out!!! My kids enjoyed the experience as well 😊 and were truly inspired by all the Craze Nutz running that day!!!

Congratulations to all finishers!!! You guys are awesome💪💪💪!!

Thanks for the support Lexham at CP1. I was not very sane when I arrived at CP1. & I was the co*k who was asking if the eggs are raw... And whether there is Guinness stout to go along with the eggs. 😂😂🤣🤣. Anyway, thanks for the support. 👍❤️❤️❤️

On 11/5/2018 at 10:27 AM, prisangel said:

A mighty congratulations to all Craze Ultra finishers!!! Regardless of the time that you took, you are all champions!!!!

Hmmm.... Think it's time for ur recertification. And btw, where is AR? 🤔🤔🤔

Edited by simonleng

5 hours ago, wonderfulblevic said:

Enjoyed the event event though I got lost few times hehe.  BTW, I heard next year no more craze ultra?!?  is it true?

I heard abt this rumour too... Hope this is untrue as CU is one of the only race I will participate nowadays... 

Edited by simonleng

Nice to meet you, SImonleng! Waiting eagerly for your blog on this Ultra.

Regardless of the rumour, we can gather interest and organise our own version of ultras along some well-known routes. We set our own checkpoint and bring our own water/food. All runners should know the route well. Maybe have it twice a year (50km and 100km).

11 hours ago, simonleng said:

Thanks for the support Lexham at CP1. I was not very sane when I arrived at CP1. & I was the co*k who was asking if the eggs are raw... And whether there is Guinness stout to go along with the eggs. 😂😂🤣🤣. Anyway, thanks for the support. 👍❤️❤️❤️

My pleasure @simonleng! i remember you at CP1!! 😅😅

Heard the rumours too, hope they aren’t true!!! Seeing you guys run makes my legs itchy too!! Will love to run again next year! 

Guess we’ll have to wait for Ben to confirm.

13 hours ago, loderunner said:

Regardless of the rumour, we can gather interest and organise our own version of ultras along some well-known routes. We set our own checkpoint and bring our own water/food. All runners should know the route well. Maybe have it twice a year (50km and 100km).

Nah, I prefer to run the craze ultra. 

10 hours ago, Lexham said:

My pleasure @simonleng! i remember you at CP1!! 😅😅

Heard the rumours too, hope they aren’t true!!! Seeing you guys run makes my legs itchy too!! Will love to run again next year! 

Guess we’ll have to wait for Ben to confirm.

Cya next year :) 

13 hours ago, loderunner said:

Running Guild do organize a few fully self sufficient ultras such as Monster 200km and Singapore 200 miles. These 2 are 'fun runs' without the checkpoints, tracking, medical support and etc associated with the usual races. Should Craze Ultra really not gonna happen again, these can be alternatives to single stage, non-looping ultras here. 

However, they'll never be as fun as Craze Ultra. The success of Craze Ultra doesn't lie just with the organizer and competitors, but also has much to do with the volunteers at the checkpoints. The 1st thing that comes to my mind for Craze Ultra is actually the checkpoints and volunteers. Let's all keep our fingers crossed that this is not the last one.

On 11/6/2018 at 11:12 AM, simonleng said:

Hmmm.... Think it's time for ur recertification. And btw, where is AR? 🤔🤔🤔

LOL think you scared him off... haha

What recertification? Once a finisher, always a finisher. Haha 

3 hours ago, jerrylam said:

However, they'll never be as fun as Craze Ultra. The success of Craze Ultra doesn't lie just with the organizer and competitors, but also has much to do with the volunteers at the checkpoints. The 1st thing that comes to my mind for Craze Ultra is actually the checkpoints and volunteers. Let's all keep our fingers crossed that this is not the last one.

Y’know, I kinda do feel like I’m missing out on all of checkpoint fun at craze ultra. It always seems to be a blast from what I see on the social media. But cannot run anymore le. Legs cannot take it. Hmm how to visit the CPs without using my legs... 

3 hours ago, prisangel said:

Y’know, I kinda do feel like I’m missing out on all of checkpoint fun at craze ultra. It always seems to be a blast from what I see on the social media. But cannot run anymore le. Legs cannot take it. Hmm how to visit the CPs without using my legs... 

It's really different to be so welcomed at each and every checkpoint along the way as a competitor, vs being a visitor/supporter at the checkpoints. Some parts of the route is so tough that arriving at the checkpoints and experiencing the hospitality rendered by the volunteers is like VVIP treatment. You don't have to push yourself for 101km or above, but even a 45km or 63km will be enough to experience Craze Ultra again....if there's a next edition.