Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lonewolf

Challenge32 - 11 Nov 18 (Sun)

Recommended Posts

snap out of it lady ice. we don't care about the environment. we want cups and t-shirts and medals.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, wonderfulblevic said:

Everyone is entitled to their views and preferences. No right or wrong. 

Absolutely agree with this. Everyone is entitled to their views and preferences. No right or wrong.

Some feel this race is stingy race but Guy A, Gal A feel as long as cheap cheap dun need anything also ok, everyone has different opinions, U dun like hold a cup fill at diff location, some are ok to run with a cup to save environment etc... Travelling without shutter bus to some is ok, they can pay for taxi, Grab, but for some, a trip to ECP will cause a bomb. U can see diff people got diff views, and coming from diff POV....

But end of the day, a event is a event, u must have some essential services like baggage, drinks etc. If no drinks, no baggage, T-shirt also can optional dun give, no transport to a site tats quite extremely east, it makes the whole event weird. (Like everything dun need feel, might as well, run in a public place for free feel..) 

i kinda express my view a few post back but some people just dun like it, if u guys were to read thru the webby of this Challenge 32, indeed it looks a bit sloppy and may affect runners, runners like us, we are the ones paying for a race. I expressed my view, in fact everyone is entitled to express their views rite? But some people just dun like it.

I'm quite upset about this. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I missed the earlier years of Newton Challenge flagging off from The Big Splash. Not a big crowd, only 18 and 30km categories. The runners then were more "seasoned" and had better etiquette (my opinion). I am kinda hoping this one will bring back some of those vibes... (nostalgic mood) haha... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, okw said:

I missed the earlier years of Newton Challenge flagging off from The Big Splash. Not a big crowd, only 18 and 30km categories. The runners then were more "seasoned" and had better etiquette (my opinion). I am kinda hoping this one will bring back some of those vibes... (nostalgic mood) haha... 

I was there when we did like 3 loops of 10km... 2011?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, AutumnRunner said:

I was there when we did like 3 loops of 10km... 2011?

2012 was my first NC. One big loop and a smaller loop, 9 + 6 + 6 + 9. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Fish Feet said:

Doesn't look legit? Calling it Newton Challenge, even with the logo...

Why doesn't it look legit? Newton would have sued the runpilgrim if they have used their name and logo without their official endorsement.... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, beast said:

Why doesn't it look legit? Newton would have sued the runpilgrim if they have used their name and logo without their official endorsement.... 

wake up beast. It is not legit. See Newton Challenge facebook is nothing about this event https://www.facebook.com/newtonchallenge/

you understand now finally?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, bookie said:

wake up beast. It is not legit. See Newton Challenge facebook is nothing about this event https://www.facebook.com/newtonchallenge/

you understand now finally?

I am sure they have the blessing of their sponsor Newton to  rename this race as Newton Challenge.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bookie said:

wake up beast. It is not legit. See Newton Challenge facebook is nothing about this event https://www.facebook.com/newtonchallenge/

you understand now finally?

That Facebook page was set up by Pink Apple, who was the organizer for the past editions. Of course the current organizer cannot claim the ownership of the page and update it.

If your definition of "legit" is that it must be from the same race organizer, must have big sponsor logo, must have that post run buffet, then yes this is not "legit", because it is not in the same form that everyone is used to seeing it.

The situation now is that another race organizer has come along, gotten the blessing of Newton to use its patent trademark brand name and logo, and decided to run its own version of "Newton Challenge". In my opinion you are still running the same 32km supported run, the run is still sponsored by Newton, run is back to ECP where it first started, and at the end of the day you still get your finisher items if you complete the run... since Pink Apple is not stepping out to hold its own "legit" version, then to me this replacement run by default now become the "legit" run.

Honestly I don't care about legit or not.....this is the only SCMS LSD available right now... otherwise you can train on your own, or continue to wait for Pink Apple to announce the "legit" version ...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the facebook page is obligated to change owner if the event changes owner. Nevermind anyway in this forum nobody wants to listen to me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, bookie said:

the facebook page is obligated to change owner if the event changes owner. Nevermind anyway in this forum nobody wants to listen to me

You are under the misunderstanding that the event is "owned" by Newton so they can pass the Facebook page ownership to whoever is organizing the run. But the truth is it is a run that is "owned" by Pink Apple, and they got got Newton to be the sponsor so as to call it "Newton Challenge"", so what you propose does not make sense.

Just take this a new Newton sponsored run called "Challenge 32". No need to argue whether legit or not, or what is going to happen to Pink Apple's "Newton Challenge", focus on this run is happening now and whether should you sign up for this as the last SCMS LSD.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pink Apple organize the 4th leg of King of the trails at 25 Nov . This could be the reason they decided not to organized Newton Challenge this year . This challenge32 is organized by Ah Siao as someone mention here just to give those runner that need to clock mileage for SCSM. It a no fleet run so it is cheap. I decided to join.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mover said:

Pink Apple organize the 4th leg of King of the trails at 25 Nov . This could be the reason they decided not to organized Newton Challenge this year . 

2

That should not be the reason.

They just did a b2b evening-morning run last month (Oxfitt Run Till Dark and Race Against Cancer). So my guess would be that they could not get Newton to continue as a title sponsor for the run. 

It's a little strange. None of the major sports manufacturers is sponsoring a race this yr. No Puma Night Run. No Brooks Run Happy. No Solomon X-Trail Run. No Mizuno Wave Run. Even the hyper-aggressive CopressSport is not title sponsoring any race this yr. Maybe the sign of times.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, lonewolf said:

That should not be the reason.

They just did a b2b evening-morning run last month (Oxfitt Run Till Dark and Race Against Cancer). So my guess would be that they could not get Newton to continue as a title sponsor for the run. 

It's a little strange. None of the major sports manufacturers is sponsoring a race this yr. No Puma Night Run. No Brooks Run Happy. No Solomon X-Trail Run. No Mizuno Wave Run. Even the hyper-aggressive CopressSport is not title sponsoring any race this yr. Maybe the sign of times.

  

lonewolf is correct. mover just anyhow open mouth and say. sgrunners know everything hahaha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, lonewolf said:

That should not be the reason.

They just did a b2b evening-morning run last month (Oxfitt Run Till Dark and Race Against Cancer). So my guess would be that they could not get Newton to continue as a title sponsor for the run. 

It's a little strange. None of the major sports manufacturers is sponsoring a race this yr. No Puma Night Run. No Brooks Run Happy. No Solomon X-Trail Run. No Mizuno Wave Run. Even the hyper-aggressive CopressSport is not title sponsoring any race this yr. Maybe the sign of times.

 

Newton is sponsoring this Challenge 32 so maybe it boils down to the higher costs they have to put in to be the title sponsor for Newton Challenge.

Anyway it is also weird that Pink Apple is not doing the run anymore just because Newton is no longer the title sponsor. Although the number of runners are dwelling each year, there are still many who are taking the run as a SCMS LSD and it has been one of their streak runs since 2010. They should be able to get a new title sponsor and move on. Wonder what happened behind the Pink Apple curtains.

Good observation of sports manufacturers not sponsoring any runs anymore. Guess they are not seeing the returns (dwelling number of runners every year) versus their investment. That said, the race quality of many of these sponsored runs are not really good -  like Puma Night Run was too overpriced, Solomon X-Trail Run did not live up to name of "Trail" etc.

 

2 hours ago, bookie said:

lonewolf is correct. mover just anyhow open mouth and say. sgrunners know everything hahaha

Mover is not saying he is 100% correct. He is just expressing what he feels might be the reason that we are not having a Newton Challenge this year. 

This is a free and friendly forum, anyone can chip in into a discussion, whether they are right or wrong. Nobody has all the answers. Don't have to keep putting down on what people are saying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyway the Newton Challenge website is still up and running with 2017 info. I have no clue who is running this website but I would like to assume that it is by Pink Apple, so if it is not happening anymore they would have shut down the website. It is anyone's speculation whether that would indicate that there is still a chance that it is still happening.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/30/2018 at 11:54 AM, beast said:

Anyway the Newton Challenge website is still up and running with 2017 info. I have no clue who is running this website but I would like to assume that it is by Pink Apple, so if it is not happening anymore they would have shut down the website. It is anyone's speculation whether that would indicate that there is still a chance that it is still happening.

 

According to Challenge32 web site, Newton Challenge 2018 is not happening, that why got Challenge32. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/30/2018 at 11:46 AM, beast said:

Newton is sponsoring this Challenge 32 so maybe it boils down to the higher costs they have to put in to be the title sponsor for Newton Challenge.

Anyway it is also weird that Pink Apple is not doing the run anymore just because Newton is no longer the title sponsor. Although the number of runners are dwelling each year, there are still many who are taking the run as a SCMS LSD and it has been one of their streak runs since 2010. They should be able to get a new title sponsor and move on. Wonder what happened behind the Pink Apple curtains.

Good observation of sports manufacturers not sponsoring any runs anymore. Guess they are not seeing the returns (dwelling number of runners every year) versus their investment. That said, the race quality of many of these sponsored runs are not really good -  like Puma Night Run was too overpriced, Solomon X-Trail Run did not live up to name of "Trail" etc.

 

Mover is not saying he is 100% correct. He is just expressing what he feels might be the reason that we are not having a Newton Challenge this year. 

This is a free and friendly forum, anyone can chip in into a discussion, whether they are right or wrong. Nobody has all the answers. Don't have to keep putting down on what people are saying.

I personally feel there are too many runs already, since 2015 there is a sudden surge of so many runs, if u were to drill in the running calendar, almost every weekend there is a run.

Talking about Newton Run discontinuing, if u noticed, Even the biggest players in Sports like Nike, that has the "Nike run" is gone, Adidas, that has the King of the road is gone. Maybe all these investors find little profits in these runs despite the number of runners are growing. U think they care u need LSD for any big race meh? Haha...For business terms they see dollars and cents. 

Moreover, i feel all these running organizers can milk from the newer runners only, if they keep holding the same thing in the same running route with a higher pricing, the more seasoned runners will feel bored with it. Same route never mind to some, but same route higher price turns runners down, in addition, many race pack nowadays are literally vouchers and advertisement papers.  

So if Newton run is discontinued, i dun feel that puzzled, but many people are more puzzled that why another company can use their Newton challenge patent trademark brand name and logo, and decided to run its own version of "Newton Challenge" as mentioned by beast. Run its own version never mind, if u read in the details, it becomes a substandard version of Newton run..No this, no that, not enough time prepare etc.  

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...