Sign in to follow this  
yaoxing

Looking for good TCM physicians

Had a bad fall and hurt my lower back since three weeks ago. Now still have difficulty jogging. Went NUH Ortho and was asked to rest (given painkiller) and wait for six weeks for review. Meanwhile wasn't given any physio or anything, no diagnosis whatsoever.

Prefer to actively seek ways to recover, considering TCM. I used to go to a very effective TCM Ortho physician at Jurong East but he has already retired and closed his clinic.

Anyone here knows of very effective TCM docs that you can recommend? 

On 8/7/2018 at 12:19 PM, yaoxing said:

Had a bad fall and hurt my lower back since three weeks ago. Now still have difficulty jogging. Went NUH Ortho and was asked to rest (given painkiller) and wait for six weeks for review. Meanwhile wasn't given any physio or anything, no diagnosis whatsoever.

Prefer to actively seek ways to recover, considering TCM. I used to go to a very effective TCM Ortho physician at Jurong East but he has already retired and closed his clinic.

Anyone here knows of very effective TCM docs that you can recommend? 

Tan Chong Shin Chinese Physician & Physiotherapy - 744 Bedok Reservoir Road, #01-3059, 470744.... very good. and long quee.. but worth the wait. good luck and rest well. 

Physiotherapy is definitely a better option because exercise prescription is outside the scope of TCM. While TCM is perfect for pain/symptom relief (especially acupuncture - it is included in back pain recommendations worldwide), back to sports is a completely different ball game!

If you are open to it, you can also consider seeing a chiropractor/sports chiropractor. Check out these articles from Harvard Medical School: 

You can also check out a blog entry we wrote a while ago - Why should I see a chiropractor? Quite a number of links are missing when we did a web revamp. We are still in the process of getting them back into the site. If you have any questions, feel free to ask away!

ETA: If you are looking for a physio, we can connect you with some one from UFIT who will be suitable! 

Edited by squareone