Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
stalky79

Tokyo Marathon - 3rd March 2019

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

May the odds be in your favour. 

 

The shirt sizing looks  small comparison to normal Singapore sizing. 

Edited by Arvin Tunas

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

May the odds be ever in your favour!

Thank you for registering to the Tokyo Marathon 2019.
The registration for the general entry has closed on August 31.
Please be informed that the lottery result will be notified to all applicants by e-mail after Tuesday, September 25.
The due date for entry fee payment will be Thursday, October 4.

*A total number of applicants        331,211
――――――――――――――――――――――― 
- Marathon (42.195km)          330,271
- 10km                   940

 

37,000 ÷ 330,000 = about an 11% chance

Edited by benchy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Arvin Tunas said:

Got the slot, now time to settle the visa and start looking for accommodation.

Congrats man! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, derrick_twj said:

Hi all, does anyone face the issue where after the log in page, it says entry cannot be found?

No issues for me.

you mean after keying your first,middle,last name the next page you encounter error? 

By right they would have send you an email as well

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, stalky79 said:

No issues for me.

you mean after keying your first,middle,last name the next page you encounter error? 

By right they would have send you an email as well

Hi stalky, I’ve gotten the acceptance email, but unable to pay, after I key in my details, it says entry could not be found

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, derrick_twj said:

Hi stalky, I’ve gotten the acceptance email, but unable to pay, after I key in my details, it says entry could not be found

Can’t help you cause I got rejected😭

hahaha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, derrick_twj said:

Hi stalky, I’ve gotten the acceptance email, but unable to pay, after I key in my details, it says entry could not be found

Email the organizers quickly and hope they are able to resolve your issue soonest before the deadline.

Those who never got a tried, maybe can consider going those organized tours with guaranteed slots? Pay a bit of premium for the lack of luck. Or join Kyoto or Osaka marathon for similar race experience, though I know everyone is going for it because of the WMM brand....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, beast said:

Email the organizers quickly and hope they are able to resolve your issue soonest before the deadline.

Those who never got a tried, maybe can consider going those organized tours with guaranteed slots? Pay a bit of premium for the lack of luck. Or join Kyoto or Osaka marathon for similar race experience, though I know everyone is going for it because of the WMM brand....

Going for Osaka in 58 days.

next month ballot for Berlin 2019 and see how... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, beast said:

Email the organizers quickly and hope they are able to resolve your issue soonest before the deadline.

Those who never got a tried, maybe can consider going those organized tours with guaranteed slots? Pay a bit of premium for the lack of luck. Or join Kyoto or Osaka marathon for similar race experience, though I know everyone is going for it because of the WMM brand....

not me though...I dun care WMM or not... I went before Osaka...but Kyoto lower priority than Tokyo for me though...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, beast said:

Email the organizers quickly and hope they are able to resolve your issue soonest before the deadline.

Those who never got a tried, maybe can consider going those organized tours with guaranteed slots? Pay a bit of premium for the lack of luck. Or join Kyoto or Osaka marathon for similar race experience, though I know everyone is going for it because of the WMM brand....

Thanks beast, I’ve emailed them and managed to pay. Any advice from anyone who went before as to which subway station is the closest to the baggage check in or start point? Isit shinjuku or other station?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, derrick_twj said:

Thanks beast, I’ve emailed them and managed to pay. Any advice from anyone who went before as to which subway station is the closest to the baggage check in or start point? Isit shinjuku or other station?

The nearest subway station to the start point ( 東京都庁 or known as Tokyo Metropolitan Government Building) should be  Tochomae Station (都庁前駅) as it is just next to it ( race information in the official website can be found here )

Shinjuku station is still possible. Just that you need to walk 1km+ in distance to reach the start point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In Tokyo, is it preferable to stay near the starting line or the finishing line. In my previous overseas marathon (KL, Bali, Jakarta) it is a looped course or like in HK I stay near the finishing line, but then I'm totally clueless about Tokyo. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just finished Osaka marathon 3 days ago. Managed to run in short sleeve tee and shorts (no inner layer). Any recommendations if Tokyo Mar 2019 is suitable for same type of clothings? Or if weather is more harsh. Experience runners please advise. Thank you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Skywhites said:

Just finished Osaka marathon 3 days ago. Managed to run in short sleeve tee and shorts (no inner layer). Any recommendations if Tokyo Mar 2019 is suitable for same type of clothings? Or if weather is more harsh. Experience runners please advise. Thank you!

Tokyo temperature should be in the single digits by March, so should wear an inner layer on top of your short sleeve tee.

If it gets too hot you can always remove your inner layer and tie it around your waist/neck. Better to wear more than less, unless you are confident you are not afraid of the cold.

Ideally reach Tokyo 2-3 days before the run so that you can better judge how you want to layer for your run.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×