Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
stalky79

Tokyo Marathon - 3rd March 2019

Recommended Posts

21 hours ago, beast said:

Tokyo temperature should be in the single digits by March, so should wear an inner layer on top of your short sleeve tee.

If it gets too hot you can always remove your inner layer and tie it around your waist/neck. Better to wear more than less, unless you are confident you are not afraid of the cold.

Ideally reach Tokyo 2-3 days before the run so that you can better judge how you want to layer for your run.

Inner layer is the one nearest to the body right?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, medic said:

Inner layer is the one nearest to the body right?

 

Yup I am assuming that since he can run with a singlet at high 10s degree celsius, his threshold for cold should be quite good, so he should be OK with just another thicker, inner layer on top of his running gear.

But of course the threshold for cold is really dependent on each individual, so it is still up to the runner himself to feel the environment and decide on the layering strategy on his own.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/28/2018 at 10:40 AM, beast said:

Tokyo temperature should be in the single digits by March, so should wear an inner layer on top of your short sleeve tee.

If it gets too hot you can always remove your inner layer and tie it around your waist/neck. Better to wear more than less, unless you are confident you are not afraid of the cold.

Ideally reach Tokyo 2-3 days before the run so that you can better judge how you want to layer for your run.

I am planning to wear inner long sleeve and outer short sleeve, with long compression pant and short. Tried similar set up minus the inner long sleeve in HK marathon this year (18-23C) it was okay except at the first few hours when it was still cold and windy. 

 

Arriving 2-3 days to acclimatize and test the waters is always a good idea. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/29/2018 at 4:22 PM, Arvin Tunas said:

I am planning to wear inner long sleeve and outer short sleeve, with long compression pant and short. Tried similar set up minus the inner long sleeve in HK marathon this year (18-23C) it was okay except at the first few hours when it was still cold and windy. 

 

Arriving 2-3 days to acclimatize and test the waters is always a good idea. 

yes, bring a few sets of different running wear so that still have the options to change if required... Tokyo marathon, how i wish i can be thinking about this problem now, good problem..... .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, AutumnRunner said:

yes, bring a few sets of different running wear so that still have the options to change if required... Tokyo marathon, how i wish i can be thinking about this problem now, good problem..... .

You can have this problem if you resolve the other problem (no bib)..... but you can't because the way to resolve that problem is something that you are not willing to do (not willing to spend extra money to get confirmed bib from organized tours or donation) which itself is a problem. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Raining and cold out there yesterday, temperature was less than 8 degree.C throughout, lots of supporters lining up with umbrellas along the streets despite the rain, managed to cut my PB by 8 minutes 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I heard at Tokyo, not only do the runners have to put their rubbish in the bin, they also have to put it in the right bin. Is this true?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/4/2019 at 9:49 AM, derrick_twj said:

Raining and cold out there yesterday, temperature was less than 8 degree.C throughout, lots of supporters lining up with umbrellas along the streets despite the rain, managed to cut my PB by 8 minutes 

congrats Derrick... getting pb in such a crowded race is not easy....

 

On 3/8/2019 at 12:15 AM, Lady Ice said:

I heard at Tokyo, not only do the runners have to put their rubbish in the bin, they also have to put it in the right bin. Is this true?

hmn…. I ran other Japan marathons, saw some bins which stated different rubbish as of our recycled bins... unsure if everyone follows...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Spent 2 weeks in Japan and the coldest weather happened to be during Tokyo Marathon and when I collected the race pack.... It was crazy to see people lined up all the way from Shinjuku to Tokyo station. 

 

Got a poncho and fleece jumper as a non-baggage runner, poncho was quite nice with Tokyo Marathon Logo but the fleece jumper was just a plain one without any branding or logo. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/11/2019 at 1:45 PM, AutumnRunner said:

congrats Derrick... getting pb in such a crowded race is not easy....

 

hmn…. I ran other Japan marathons, saw some bins which stated different rubbish as of our recycled bins... unsure if everyone follows...

Wonder if we can get everyone to put things in the bin at SCSM...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/21/2019 at 1:29 AM, Lady Ice said:

Wonder if we can get everyone to put things in the bin at SCSM...

I remembered Income Run already started this during post run. There were volunteers guiding runners where to throw their banana skins, metal runs and non-recyclable rubbish in the designated bins.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×