stalky79

Home team ns real run - 21st oct 2018

Thinking of signing up for this rather than CSC HM... how is this run in the previous year? 

On 7/29/2018 at 7:12 PM, stalky79 said:

Hmm, only Singaporean can register for this... lol... unique sia

emmm,  sorry for being confused, but I think this registration is open for public, right? and especially it's not like SAFRA Run, the price difference between "HomeTeamNS Member" and Public is just SGD5.

7 minutes ago, ZZIZZ said:

emmm,  sorry for being confused, but I think this registration is open for public, right? and especially it's not like SAFRA Run, the price difference between "HomeTeamNS Member" and Public is just SGD5.

Registration open to public but not sure why stated only Singaporean can sign up lor... abit weird 

To be more precise, Singaporean and PR can sign up for the Open category.

In most races, 'Open' usually means open to all nationalities. So I agree that it's a bit weird to call it 'Open' and restrict it to 'Singaporean and PR'. They might as well just called it 'Close' as most races do. 8P

1 hour ago, lonewolf said:

To be more precise, Singaporean and PR can sign up for the Open category.

In most races, 'Open' usually means open to all nationalities. So I agree that it's a bit weird to call it 'Open' and restrict it to 'Singaporean and PR'. They might as well just called it 'Close' as most races do.

emmmmmmm......... I just now noticed this statement: “Please note that this event is only open for Singaporeans. For more details please click here.”...... frankly I don't have any sense of superiority with this at all, I'm feeling pity for the others who are unable to sign up instead... no further comments on this topic... 🤐🤐😧...  

Today is the last day for early bird. I just signed up for 21km. Why hometeam don't gives $16 run  to their NSmen like AHM.

55 minutes ago, Ender said:

Today is the last day for early bird. I just signed up for 21km. Why hometeam don't gives $16 run  to their NSmen like AHM.

I signed up today as well... 

11 hours ago, AutumnRunner said:

The medal not as golden as I initially thought.. haaa.

hahahaha you see you see?

3 hours ago, Jydnhfz said:

Oh wow! It's really an ELM medal. @lonewolf

Yeah. Too bad I already committed to CSC Run by the Bay. And the 10K flag off is too early for me to attempt another evening-morning b2b. 

I admit, I did consider it for like a few minutes yesterday but decided that it was probably beyond my current abilities at this time. 

So no choice but to skip this one. :vava:

This race has lost its attractiveness for me for the last few years. Noticed this year the venue is GBTB. Is it still going to be trail/sand/pavement concept again? Can’t think of any trail at GBTB area. 

1 hour ago, wonderfulblevic said:

This race has lost its attractiveness for me for the last few years. Noticed this year the venue is GBTB. Is it still going to be trail/sand/pavement concept again? Can’t think of any trail at GBTB area. 

Route out... going ecp and back... lol

12 hours ago, wonderfulblevic said:

Unsure..  there wasn't any mention about the different terrain also.. might have been a thing of past, esp the Changi area...

On 9/21/2018 at 12:43 PM, lonewolf said:

Yeah. Too bad I already committed to CSC Run by the Bay. And the 10K flag off is too early for me to attempt another evening-morning b2b. 

I admit, I did consider it for like a few minutes yesterday but decided that it was probably beyond my current abilities at this time. 

hahaha you fall asleep and miss the elm hahaha it's ok don't worry. i also dont care for the route csc or real run same same :)

You can still conquer it on a slower pace...

On 9/24/2018 at 10:50 AM, bookie said:

hahaha you fall asleep and miss the elm hahaha it's ok don't worry. i also dont care for the route csc or real run same same :)

How can I be asleep when the ELM medal was only revealed just this week?  :rolleyes2: The previous illustration of the medal gives no indication that it will be ELM medal. <_<

Edited by lonewolf

2 hours ago, lonewolf said:

How can I be asleep when the ELM medal was only revealed just this week?  :rolleyes2: The previous illustration of the medal gives no indication that it will be ELM medal. <_<

oooh because i tot usually we go ask the race organiser :D :D no problem!

Hmm actually can skip CSC and sign up for this instead. Never too late for a ELM medal haha.

Or downgrade your CSC run to 10km so that you can do a b2b?

1 hour ago, beast said:

Hmm actually can skip CSC and sign up for this instead. Never too late for a ELM medal haha.

Or downgrade your CSC run to 10km so that you can do a b2b?

CSC Run is one of my streak runs so it got a leg up over Real Run.

The registration for CSC Run came up very early. By the time, the details of Real Run was released, I had already signed up for CSC Run. And even then, there was no indication that this was going to be an ELM medal Race.

So yeah, if the details were out earlier, I would probably run the 10K for CSC and do the b2b Real Run 10K or 21K. 

But it is what it is. Can' run them all. Won't try to too. :crazysmile: