Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
AutumnRunner

SG Run 2018 6 Oct 18

Recommended Posts

Inaugural 2XU SG run to be held in Oct with 21km and 10km categories.. This is an evening race at the city where the start point is at the Gardens by the Bay East... I just realised that the event organiser is Epic..... the organiser for Marina Run.... no other details yet....

1957611155_ec93ae_74e9ad4725474f89a1ce160b1087bac6mv2.jpg.267c767e975ec93897fa659868d3a495.jpg

Home Gardens by the Bay East ( Next to Passion Wave @ Marina Bay )

Date  6 October 2018

21km at 5:30pm
10km at 6:15pm

 

https://www.sgrun.com.sg/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, AutumnRunner said:

Inaugural 2XU SG run to be held in Oct with 21km and 10km categories.. This is an evening race at the city where the start point is at the Gardens by the Bay East... I just realised that the event organiser is Epic..... the organiser for Marina Run.... no other details yet....

1957611155_ec93ae_74e9ad4725474f89a1ce160b1087bac6mv2.jpg.267c767e975ec93897fa659868d3a495.jpg

Home Gardens by the Bay East ( Next to Passion Wave @ Marina Bay )

Date  6 October 2018

21km at 5:30pm
10km at 6:15pm

 

https://www.sgrun.com.sg/

Entitlement still “TBA” , lol

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Haibei1971 said:

Will be a little challenging. 5:30pm-6:30pm, the sun is still hot...

Last year the race was postponed a little because of the rain storm, the weather was cool down after the raining, we can feel the cool wind along the East Coast Park. Hopefully this year will be better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ZZIZZ said:

Last year the race was postponed a little because of the rain storm, the weather was cool down after the raining, we can feel the cool wind along the East Coast Park. Hopefully this year will be better.

Think u mixing up with the 2XU SG-Ultra race. This is the first year this race is being held. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, wonderfulblevic said:

Both races seem to be at the same time and same location. Was Epic the race organiser did 2XU ultra last year as well? 

Yes. This is just Epic 'clever' way of maximising the race logistics stuffs like barriers, tentage etc. I remember they did the same with the Marina Run by also organising some fun run - Marina Party Dash the next day.

Edited by lonewolf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, lonewolf said:

Yes. This is just Epic 'clever' way of maximising the race logistics stuffs like barriers, tentage etc. I remember they did the same with the Marina Run by also organising some fun run - Marina Party Dash the next day.

Thanks Bro. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, lonewolf said:

Think u mixing up with the 2XU SG-Ultra race. This is the first year this race is being held. 

Sorry for mixing up. Because last year 2XU SG-Ultra race had 100KM solo/duo, 50KM solo/duo, 21KM, and 10KM, and this year they split categories into two races but on the same day and at same time. Frankly the only difference I could tell is, last year they put all eggs into one pocket, and this year they put eggs into two separate but closed pockets... 🤣😆

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, ZZIZZ said:

Sorry for mixing up. Because last year 2XU SG-Ultra race had 100KM solo/duo, 50KM solo/duo, 21KM, and 10KM, and this year they split categories into two races but on the same day and at same time. Frankly the only difference I could tell is, last year they put all eggs into one pocket, and this year they put eggs into two separate but closed pockets... 🤣😆

Maybe last yr they kenna flakes (did they?) for including 21K and 10K in an 'ultra' race and decide to split the race categories into 2 'different' race. 

I think the appropriate term to use in this case is 'LPPL' :crazysmile:But that's Epic for u, patterns more than badminton. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe it is 2XU who decided not to cannibalise their own race branding, since they already have the 2XU compression run which has both 10k and 21k. So Epic not choice but to rename these two categories differently. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi friends, i realize the website does not reflect the pricing of the race at all, where can we find the price to run the race ?

To me is a fail....the pricing for website should be clear and visible under a tab call RACE FEE ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any one know is this car park open to public? Any other good place?

seems this is the only place to park, last year SG-Ultra Run DD0C3396-6852-4B15-B8D2-2B15F9D404A2.thumb.png.f26fb927235a83cd2a763f10231b4126.pngI parked my car in Kallang stadium and walked to the race site. A little too far in distance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The water point I saw aong the ecp was pathetic, no wonder the ultra runners were carrying their own water. Didn't run this because it was mainly along the ecp which I run every weekend. Was doing my 28km LSD when i saw these runners. Not many runners though but it was good company along the ecp stretch. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I did the 50km.  On the way out, water points along ECP was ok.  Once we hit the changi coast road, I realized the importance of self sufficiency.   Some runners were just carrying a small water bottle.  I wondered how they did it.

On the way back, we had 3 water points on ECP, and one of them was unmanned!  Bottles of isotonic and water were just placed on the large green containers.  Runners would have easily missed them.

i wonder if there is any replenish left for the 84km and 100km runners on their return leg.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Madmax said:

I did the 50km.  On the way out, water points along ECP was ok.  Once we hit the changi coast road, I realized the importance of self sufficiency.   Some runners were just carrying a small water bottle.  I wondered how they did it.

On the way back, we had 3 water points on ECP, and one of them was unmanned!  Bottles of isotonic and water were just placed on the large green containers.  Runners would have easily missed them.

i wonder if there is any replenish left for the 84km and 100km runners on their return leg.

 

Me also did 50km. I’m one of those carrying small bottle. The distance at the tanah merah coast road stretch has waterpoints about 6-7km apart. That’s ok for me Cos that’s my usual gap between drinking while training. 

On way back at ECP, was blinded by the lights and crowd and had difficulty looking out for signs (hardly any). Just tried to keep the Sea to my left. 

I believe quite a few esp foreign runners got lost between tanah merah and ECP. The directional signage are really few and far between. 

Once again despite feedback previous years, atmosphere for ultra finishers is non existent at the finish. Dead town. 

Overall a no frills race so can’t complsin much. But I may not do the race again next year. See how. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Agreed.  I find that there is a lack of directional signboards.  Almost miss the left turn back to the dark area to the NSRC as there was no one in front of me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unmanned checkpoints and lack of directional signages were issues from the last run. Guess its just Epic ESR being their usual self of placing cost cutting measures above all else.

No frills or not, there should still be some decency in the support since the organizers did charge close to $100 for the ultra distances. 

Atmosphere at the finishing point cannot 100% blame the organizers lah since the number of ultra runners is likely to be too small and most end their runs in the wee hours of the morning. They probably could have chosen a better start/end point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Noobie's friend who ran the Southern Half Marathon at JB the following morning got his e-Cert already within 24h. Our local race efficiency really CMI - charge so high and service so slow

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×