Sign in to follow this  
AutumnRunner

SG Run 2018 6 Oct 18

Inaugural 2XU SG run to be held in Oct with 21km and 10km categories.. This is an evening race at the city where the start point is at the Gardens by the Bay East... I just realised that the event organiser is Epic..... the organiser for Marina Run.... no other details yet....

1957611155_ec93ae_74e9ad4725474f89a1ce160b1087bac6mv2.jpg.267c767e975ec93897fa659868d3a495.jpg

Home Gardens by the Bay East ( Next to Passion Wave @ Marina Bay )

Date  6 October 2018

21km at 5:30pm
10km at 6:15pm

https://www.sgrun.com.sg/

3 hours ago, AutumnRunner said:

Inaugural 2XU SG run to be held in Oct with 21km and 10km categories.. This is an evening race at the city where the start point is at the Gardens by the Bay East... I just realised that the event organiser is Epic..... the organiser for Marina Run.... no other details yet....

1957611155_ec93ae_74e9ad4725474f89a1ce160b1087bac6mv2.jpg.267c767e975ec93897fa659868d3a495.jpg

Home Gardens by the Bay East ( Next to Passion Wave @ Marina Bay )

Date  6 October 2018

21km at 5:30pm
10km at 6:15pm

https://www.sgrun.com.sg/

Entitlement still “TBA” , lol

4 hours ago, Haibei1971 said:

Will be a little challenging. 5:30pm-6:30pm, the sun is still hot...

Last year the race was postponed a little because of the rain storm, the weather was cool down after the raining, we can feel the cool wind along the East Coast Park. Hopefully this year will be better.

2 hours ago, ZZIZZ said:

Last year the race was postponed a little because of the rain storm, the weather was cool down after the raining, we can feel the cool wind along the East Coast Park. Hopefully this year will be better.

Think u mixing up with the 2XU SG-Ultra race. This is the first year this race is being held. 

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, wonderfulblevic said:

Both races seem to be at the same time and same location. Was Epic the race organiser did 2XU ultra last year as well? 

Yes. This is just Epic 'clever' way of maximising the race logistics stuffs like barriers, tentage etc. I remember they did the same with the Marina Run by also organising some fun run - Marina Party Dash the next day.

Edited by lonewolf

1 hour ago, lonewolf said:

Yes. This is just Epic 'clever' way of maximising the race logistics stuffs like barriers, tentage etc. I remember they did the same with the Marina Run by also organising some fun run - Marina Party Dash the next day.

Thanks Bro. 

6 hours ago, lonewolf said:

Think u mixing up with the 2XU SG-Ultra race. This is the first year this race is being held. 

Sorry for mixing up. Because last year 2XU SG-Ultra race had 100KM solo/duo, 50KM solo/duo, 21KM, and 10KM, and this year they split categories into two races but on the same day and at same time. Frankly the only difference I could tell is, last year they put all eggs into one pocket, and this year they put eggs into two separate but closed pockets... 🤣😆

13 hours ago, ZZIZZ said:

Sorry for mixing up. Because last year 2XU SG-Ultra race had 100KM solo/duo, 50KM solo/duo, 21KM, and 10KM, and this year they split categories into two races but on the same day and at same time. Frankly the only difference I could tell is, last year they put all eggs into one pocket, and this year they put eggs into two separate but closed pockets... 🤣😆

Maybe last yr they kenna flakes (did they?) for including 21K and 10K in an 'ultra' race and decide to split the race categories into 2 'different' race. 

I think the appropriate term to use in this case is 'LPPL' :crazysmile:But that's Epic for u, patterns more than badminton. 

Maybe it is 2XU who decided not to cannibalise their own race branding, since they already have the 2XU compression run which has both 10k and 21k. So Epic not choice but to rename these two categories differently. 

Hi friends, i realize the website does not reflect the pricing of the race at all, where can we find the price to run the race ?

To me is a fail....the pricing for website should be clear and visible under a tab call RACE FEE ?