Sign in to follow this  
sicklycat

Great Eastern Women's Run - 14th Oct 2018

Posted (edited)

Date: 14th October 2018 (Sunday)
Time: 5am - 11am
Venue: Singapore Sports Hub (NEW venue for GEWR)
Website: https://www.greateasternlife.com/greateasternwomensrun/index.html

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/GreatEasternWomensRunSingapore/
Registration link: TBC (Registration opens 31st May)

Runner's Entitlements (5k/ 10k/ 21km)

• Reebok Race Tee (worth $39)
  • 21.1km Reebok Finisher Tee (for 21.1km runners only)
  • Reebok Sports Bra (worth $49, for limited Edition 110th Anniversary Package Race Runners Only)
  • Exclusive GEWR Sports Bag
  • Exclusive Finisher Medal (for all race categories, except the Princess Dash)*
  • Personalised Race Bib
  • Event Race Guide
  • Finisher’s Certificate (for 5km, 10km and 21.1km runners only)
  • Free Insurance Cover for Race Day
  • Plus many other exciting promotions and goodies!

Race fees:

21km

20180525_235939.png

10km

20180525_235633.png

Edited by sicklycat

Posted (edited)

Launch event on 31st May.

Looks like apparel will be changed from Adidas to Reebok :thumbsdown:

20180525_231813.png

20180525_234054.png

20180525_234337.png

Edited by sicklycat

I was comparing the Early Bird Loyal Runner Fees, and its jumped from $53 to $58... On top of that, with the apparel changing to Reebok, think I may skip my favourite run this year...

This race doesn't reward loyal supporters. Policyholders get the same discount as loyal runners. 😅

This year's reg fees went up so much. Waiting to see if there will be flash sale like last year. 

Posted (edited)

Oh? Was there a flash sale last year??

When was that, and how much was the discount?

Edited by sicklycat

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, sicklycat said:

Oh? Was there a flash sale last year??

When was that, and how much was the discount?

Can't rem the month but it was during one of their zumba fringe activities at sports hub. It was 2 for the price of one, i.e. 50% off, plus they gv free past yr event tee. I felt so ai wan when I saw that.

Edited by PandaC
Typo

4 hours ago, PandaC said:

Can't rem the month but it was during one of their zumba fringe activities at sports hub. It was 2 for the price of one, i.e. 50% off, plus they gv free past yr event tee. I felt so ai wan when I saw that.

Ahhh... Thanks! 

I didn't join their Zumba, that's why I didn't know.

Then again, their fringe activities are only open to participants who had signed up for GEWR, right?

Yes, but that Zumba session was not an exclusive event for GEWR participants. It was part of a community sport carnival or sth where there were many other stalls. And the flash sale was announced on the GEWR fb page. Not sure if they will have that again this yr.

1 hour ago, PandaC said:

Yes, but that Zumba session was not an exclusive event for GEWR participants. It was part of a community sport carnival or sth where there were many other stalls. And the flash sale was announced on the GEWR fb page. Not sure if they will have that again this yr.

Thanks!

Hope they have it again! :)

P/S: I found the 2017 1-for-1 promo that you mentioned! Yes, I did see it last year too, but it slipped my mind :rolleyes2:

It was announced after 2017 Early Bird had ended, and just a couple of weeks before registration was to close. So I guess they were targetting the fence-sitters.

For me, I guess if I'm really keen for 2018, I'll join during Early Bird. Coz not sure if they will bring back the same promo this year?

Yes, agree that loyal supporters will sign up during early bird. The thing is this year the apparels are no longer adidas, and reg fees went up quite a bit. 😅

8 hours ago, PandaC said:

Yes, agree that loyal supporters will sign up during early bird. The thing is this year the apparels are no longer adidas, and reg fees went up quite a bit. 😅

Yes! Exactly the reasons why I had not signed up yet! :hair:

This year's event tee is of poor quality. The material is non-stretchable! Wonder if the finisher tee will be of a different material?

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, PandaC said:

This year's event tee is of poor quality. The material is non-stretchable! Wonder if the finisher tee will be of a different material?

They changed from Adidas to Reebok...

Is quality really bad? One of the reasons I didn't join this year, is coz they changed the tee sponsor. :turned:

Edited by sicklycat

48 minutes ago, PandaC said:

Good decision. If the tee sponsor next year is the same then I will give gewr 2019 a miss too.

How was the Finisher Tee material? Is it better?

4 hours ago, sicklycat said:

How was the Finisher Tee material? Is it better?

Same. Non-stretchable.

Edited by PandaC
Typo

2 hours ago, bookie said:

thanks spamming

What is your issue with her posting her own race review? Not the first time.

If your issue is with her "promoting" her blog site, other runners like Autumnrunner also doing the same thing. And bloggers like them typically write a lot more with photos. Will you KPKB again if they copy and paste the same lengthy reviews here on a forum?

1 hour ago, beast said:

What is your issue with her posting her own race review? Not the first time.

If your issue is with her "promoting" her blog site, other runners like Autumnrunner also doing the same thing. And bloggers like them typically write a lot more with photos. Will you KPKB again if they copy and paste the same lengthy reviews here on a forum?

become 1) friend autumnrunner is an amateur and 2) friend autumnrunner contributes to the sgrunners forum like you and me. but ms prischew 1) is a professional blogger that makes money from event organisers (FYI she was promoting a lot fo Exchange Republic events last year hiding the truth from people) and 2) only posts sgrunners links to her site. 

I am sorry if I offended you friend beast

Haha aiyoh. No support then don’t click lor. At least it’s relevant content mah. Not as if she purposely say something sensational to click bait to her site. I personally read her reviews. Sometimes will contain info that I miss out also. 

Lets all chill man. Live and let live. 

28 minutes ago, wonderfulblevic said:

Haha aiyoh. No support then don’t click lor. At least it’s relevant content mah. Not as if she purposely say something sensational to click bait to her site. I personally read her reviews. Sometimes will contain info that I miss out also. 

Lets all chill man. Live and let live. 

ok :) I hope when sgrunners forum needed help, at least i hope she contributed back financialy give back some money from the traffic she makes because of sgrunners :) let and let live and let's all run happily