Sign in to follow this  
lonewolf

CSC Run by the Bay 2018 - 20 Oct (Sat)

43 minutes ago, ZZIZZ said:

OMG!!!  "ASICS Relay Singapore 2018" clashes with CSC Run by the bay 2018......😭😤😭😤😭😤

My exact same thoughts!!! I will sign up for csc cause I need the mileage for my osaka marathon ... lol

"You cannot have the cake and eat it too".......... 💔💔😤😭

On 6/19/2018 at 6:57 PM, stalky79 said:

My exact same thoughts!!! I will sign up for csc cause I need the mileage for my osaka marathon ... lol

Good... congrats on getting Osaka too...

Posted (edited)

And the next day early morning will be HomeTeamNS Real Run, one more category: 21KM added in this year... What a busy weekend of Oct 20-21! 😤

And on the other hand, still no news about "Newton Challenge 2018", so no races scheduled on Oct 27-28 yet... What a free weekend (so far looks like so) 😎

Edited by ZZIZZ

1 hour ago, ZZIZZ said:

And the next day early morning will be HomeTeamNS Real Run, one more category: 21KM added in this year... What a busy weekend of Oct 20-21! 😤

And on the other hand, still no news about "Newton Challenge 2018", so no races scheduled on Oct 27-28 yet... What a free weekend (so far looks like so) 😎

Yupz. Is Newton Challenge 2018 going to happen? Overheard someone saying this year will not have though.

8 hours ago, Hubert84 said:

Yupz. Is Newton Challenge 2018 going to happen? Overheard someone saying this year will not have though.

Hope not. It's been around since at least 2010. Participating has been coming down over the years but it's still well participated and well-known for its post-race spread. Or as JK (the frequent MC used by Pink Apple) like to put it: most welfare race in Singapore.

But agree that information is slow this yr. Last yr May, the 'save the date' post was already out on FB.

1 hour ago, lonewolf said:

Hope not. It's been around since at least 2010. Participating has been coming down over the years but it's still well participated and well-known for its post-race spread. Or as JK (the frequent MC used by Pink Apple) like to put it: most welfare race in Singapore.

But agree that information is slow this yr. Last yr May, the 'save the date' post was already out on FB.

I remembered there was one year (2016?) the sign up for Newton Run came in less than 2 months (sometime in late Aug or early Sept) when everyone was also speculating if it is going to happen or not.

Should not be an issue for Pink Apple since very likely it will be another template run where everything will be the same or similar as per last year's run. But last year's numbers of registered runners seem quite bad though, so if Newton is no longer going to be a title sponsor they may indeed have to scrape the run.

4 hours ago, beast said:

I remembered there was one year (2016?) the sign up for Newton Run came in less than 2 months (sometime in late Aug or early Sept) when everyone was also speculating if it is going to happen or not.

According to my own personal record, for 2016 I signed up in June. I usually sign up roughly 1 month before early bird ends, so that was probably not the year. 

I think it was probably 2014. I did indeed sign up in Aug. Hmm..  But I also sign up quite late last yr in Aug.  8P

On 6/19/2018 at 6:13 PM, ZZIZZ said:

OMG!!!  "ASICS Relay Singapore 2018" clashes with CSC Run by the bay 2018......😭😤😭😤😭😤

Actually it is still possible to run both. Providing you are the last runner in your team for ASICS Relay Singapore, it can be done..... hmmmm

33 minutes ago, prisangel said:

Actually it is still possible to run both. Providing you are the last runner in your team for ASICS Relay Singapore, it can be done..... hmmmm

Which probably means you are going to do precisely just that. :crazysmile:

22 hours ago, prisangel said:

Then I also need to book a cab taking me from Marina Barrage to Sentosa...

On 7/11/2018 at 4:29 PM, lonewolf said:

Which probably means you are going to do precisely just that. :crazysmile:

Hm. Did I say I was? Lol!

On 7/12/2018 at 2:24 PM, ZZIZZ said:

Then I also need to book a cab taking me from Marina Barrage to Sentosa...

Ya you would... hm. So you up to the challenge? Lol!

17 hours ago, prisangel said:

Ya you would... hm. So you up to the challenge? Lol!

That's gonna not only test how fast I can run, but also test how fast the cab driver can drive...🤣

On 7/14/2018 at 9:35 AM, ZZIZZ said:

That's gonna not only test how fast I can run, but also test how fast the cab driver can drive...🤣

That's provided there's no traffic jam too... haaa...

Actually csc run has also seen a decline in the number of runners overn the years...

Posted (edited)

Damn! Can’t decide between this or home team real run (the north face apparel sia)

Edited by stalky79

On 7/28/2018 at 11:04 PM, stalky79 said:

Damn! Can’t decide between this or home team real run (the north face apparel sia)

Frankly it's very difficult to make decision as these three races are my favorite, and held within one weekend, but looking at calendar we can see that so far no major races scheduled in the beginning and mid of November... weird.

Just now, ZZIZZ said:

Frankly it's very difficult to make decision as these three races are my favorite, and held within one weekend, but looking at calendar we can see that so far no major races scheduled in the beginning and mid of November... weird.

Wah piang eh, back to back HM I can’t make it sia.... that time back to back 15km and 10km already muscle sore liao... lol

anyway I signed up for real run liao

Just got a mail from the race organiser metasport with a gentle reminder of the forthcoming race pack collection next month and to bring the following: 

If you do not have the required documents you will not be able to collect the race kit.

The first 2 is of cos normal but this is the first race I had joined that required us to fill in, sign and hand in the Par-Q form. Is this normal for races organised by metasports? Seems like a bit of an overkill and unnecessary considering that I'm sure we have consented to all sort of waivers when we sign up for the race. 

Those who had signed up for the race pls note the above when collecting your race pack. I'm sure many would overlook the Par-Q form. Hope they have some printed out on site. 

Another race with similar concept and route every year. But it’s one of the more affordable races. Not enough to entice me to join though. 

Some years back I joined for the Milo van and it was shiok! But then the Milo van’s appearance seems to be quite unpredictable from year to year. 

On 9/14/2018 at 4:14 PM, lonewolf said:

Just got a mail from the race organiser metasport with a gentle reminder of the forthcoming race pack collection next month and to bring the following: 

If you do not have the required documents you will not be able to collect the race kit.

The first 2 is of cos normal but this is the first race I had joined that required us to fill in, sign and hand in the Par-Q form. Is this normal for races organised by metasports? Seems like a bit of an overkill and unnecessary considering that I'm sure we have consented to all sort of waivers when we sign up for the race. 

Those who had signed up for the race pls note the above when collecting your race pack. I'm sure many would overlook the Par-Q form. Hope they have some printed out on site. 

unsure about it... usually its part of the sign up.... 

On 9/14/2018 at 4:14 PM, lonewolf said:

Metasports is mainly a triathlon organizer, so I think such forms are more common in that space due the increased dangers of open water swimming and biking.

If the form really is essential, they will definitely have blank forms for participants to sign on the spot when collecting the race pack.