Same 5 and 10km routes that have been unchanged since the very first edition?

*sigh* As expected, clash with RunNUS and B2B (evening-to-morning) race with POSB Run for Kids. 

4 hours ago, beast said:

Same 5 and 10km routes that have been unchanged since the very first edition?

95% Double Confirm Chop Stamp! :crazysmile:The Yellow Ribbon Project has shown 0% interest and inclination to extend the race distance despite numerous request over the years. ^_^

13 hours ago, lonewolf said:

*sigh* As expected, clash with RunNUS and B2B (evening-to-morning) race with POSB Run for Kids. 

95% Double Confirm Chop Stamp! :crazysmile:The Yellow Ribbon Project has shown 0% interest and inclination to extend the race distance despite numerous request over the years. ^_^

extend till how far and around where?

On 4/23/2018 at 7:23 PM, lonewolf said:

Dear beast and lonewolf,

Thank you for your comments! We appreciate your feedback in the previous years; meanwhile, do stay tuned for more details coming your way real soon!

Posted (edited)

Heya folks, it’s the moment you’ve been waiting for - registration is finally open! Enjoy early bird prices when you register from now till 22 July. 

This year is a little special for us as we’ll be celebrating a decade of Yellow Ribbon Runs. So let’s come together to run for second chances and greater acceptance for ex-offenders and their families this Sunday, 9 September. We can’t wait to see you. ❤ #10YRsAndRunning

oRyrwRX.jpg

Edited by Yellow Ribbon Secretariat

$5 inflation this yr! Still cheap for a 10K race but slowly reaching the point where it may be too expensive to continue joining.

Also, last year there was an option to pay $2 for a hardcopy cert. I don't see the option this yr. Has it been removed?

Not me. One of my streak races so I had already signed up. :jump:

Hope they improved on the baggage deposit this yr. Every year got problem with this because of the uneven distribution of bags amongst the trucks. Those who have bags to deposit be prepared to play 'Bag Deposit Lottery' :crazysmile:

Also last yr the shuttle bus service was quite chaotic. Hope they also improve this yr.

Other than that, I love the route. Very nice to run. 

8 hours ago, Arvin Tunas said:

Is there another way to get to the starting area than the shuttle bus?

The usual suspect of cabs and private hail would be the alternatives. 

But if you ask me, shuttle bus is the better alternative. The roads leading to Changi Village always get jammed up. Not only from the extra volume of traffic but from the road diversion required when the need to convert the single lane traffic to dual lanes. The race routes closed off an entire section of the road from traffic. 

I always see a lot of runners in yellow singlets stuck on buses and taxis even after flag off. Must be a terrible feeling. 

Hem ic ic, i stay at Pasir Ris. Nearest one will be at tampines, might as well go direct to changi village.

i remembered when i joined the race back in 2011 or 2012, there isn't so much jam on the road yet... probably of the lesser number of runners...

1 hour ago, AutumnRunner said:

i remembered when i joined the race back in 2011 or 2012, there isn't so much jam on the road yet... probably of the lesser number of runners...

Maybe but I think its probably more likely that you never noticed the jam. :fish:

On 7/20/2018 at 10:44 AM, lonewolf said:

Maybe but I think its probably more likely that you never noticed the jam. :fish:

Oppss.. so being an early bird not just in registration but on the race day helps... haaa