Same 5 and 10km routes that have been unchanged since the very first edition?

*sigh* As expected, clash with RunNUS and B2B (evening-to-morning) race with POSB Run for Kids. 

4 hours ago, beast said:

Same 5 and 10km routes that have been unchanged since the very first edition?

95% Double Confirm Chop Stamp! :crazysmile:The Yellow Ribbon Project has shown 0% interest and inclination to extend the race distance despite numerous request over the years. ^_^

13 hours ago, lonewolf said:

*sigh* As expected, clash with RunNUS and B2B (evening-to-morning) race with POSB Run for Kids. 

95% Double Confirm Chop Stamp! :crazysmile:The Yellow Ribbon Project has shown 0% interest and inclination to extend the race distance despite numerous request over the years. ^_^

extend till how far and around where?

On 4/23/2018 at 7:23 PM, lonewolf said:

Dear beast and lonewolf,

Thank you for your comments! We appreciate your feedback in the previous years; meanwhile, do stay tuned for more details coming your way real soon!

Posted (edited)

Heya folks, it’s the moment you’ve been waiting for - registration is finally open! Enjoy early bird prices when you register from now till 22 July. 

This year is a little special for us as we’ll be celebrating a decade of Yellow Ribbon Runs. So let’s come together to run for second chances and greater acceptance for ex-offenders and their families this Sunday, 9 September. We can’t wait to see you. ❤ #10YRsAndRunning

oRyrwRX.jpg

Edited by Yellow Ribbon Secretariat

$5 inflation this yr! Still cheap for a 10K race but slowly reaching the point where it may be too expensive to continue joining.

Also, last year there was an option to pay $2 for a hardcopy cert. I don't see the option this yr. Has it been removed?

Not me. One of my streak races so I had already signed up. :jump:

Hope they improved on the baggage deposit this yr. Every year got problem with this because of the uneven distribution of bags amongst the trucks. Those who have bags to deposit be prepared to play 'Bag Deposit Lottery' :crazysmile:

Also last yr the shuttle bus service was quite chaotic. Hope they also improve this yr.

Other than that, I love the route. Very nice to run. 

8 hours ago, Arvin Tunas said:

Is there another way to get to the starting area than the shuttle bus?

The usual suspect of cabs and private hail would be the alternatives. 

But if you ask me, shuttle bus is the better alternative. The roads leading to Changi Village always get jammed up. Not only from the extra volume of traffic but from the road diversion required when the need to convert the single lane traffic to dual lanes. The race routes closed off an entire section of the road from traffic. 

I always see a lot of runners in yellow singlets stuck on buses and taxis even after flag off. Must be a terrible feeling. 

Hem ic ic, i stay at Pasir Ris. Nearest one will be at tampines, might as well go direct to changi village.

i remembered when i joined the race back in 2011 or 2012, there isn't so much jam on the road yet... probably of the lesser number of runners...

1 hour ago, AutumnRunner said:

i remembered when i joined the race back in 2011 or 2012, there isn't so much jam on the road yet... probably of the lesser number of runners...

Maybe but I think its probably more likely that you never noticed the jam. :fish:

On 7/20/2018 at 10:44 AM, lonewolf said:

Maybe but I think its probably more likely that you never noticed the jam. :fish:

Oppss.. so being an early bird not just in registration but on the race day helps... haaa

A reminder to those who are taking part in this run that the race pack collection is this weekend, 1 & 2 Sept, at Suntec Convention Centre!

Those who have purchased the paid shuttle bus tickets, pls check and make sure you got your ticket (in the form of a card) from the volunteers. In the last 2 years, the volunteers missed out on mine until I reminded them about it.

On 7/20/2018 at 10:44 AM, lonewolf said:

Lol the first time I ran in this race, there was a bad jam on the road I was caught in it was almost late. Since then I learnt my lesson and I arrived earlier, never got jam. Hahah...

7 minutes ago, prisangel said:

Lol the first time I ran in this race, there was a bad jam on the road I was caught in it was almost late. Since then I learnt my lesson and I arrived earlier, never got jam. Hahah...

welcome back, we missed you :)

First time that I'll be taking part and my first running event of this year. 😛

Either everyone is getting tired of posting race reports or really nothing else to report or no one except stalky, pris and me joined this race. :crazysmile:

#1 and #2 are not really that bad but #3 would be very sad.

Thank goodness this year the bag deposit (for some strange unfathomable reason) was smooth with almost no queue when I collect my bag. Maybe I ran too slow this year and missed the crowd. However, I realised that my time variance from last year was not very significant so even factoring my slower time this year, still does not explain why there was no queue. It damn strange because as far as I can tell, they are using the same system as they do every year. Still, I am glad about the efficiency of the baggage deposit this year. :good:

One thing that is bad is that there was no isotonic along the route. I guess it's because there was no isotonic sponsor this year. Also, the isotonic serve at the race village was not chilled. I missed last year system of a whole barrel of ice-cold isotonic self-service. Luckily the weather was kind so it was not so bad.

The rehab exhibit has a lot of interesting exhibits and the use of technology in the prison system. I find the iLIDS and AVATAR system fascinating. As with telemeeting and digitalisation of letters from the inmate's loved ones. 

Not sure if the free shuttle bus system to Expo improved this year. Still looks messy. At least this year they separate the crowd going to the main entrance and those taking the shuttle service, so the flow is better for those going out. 

Last but not least, I do not understand why the end point for the 5.6K is just after the Prison entrance. And then participants have to walk the rest of the way in (about 400m?) to the race village. So they might well have the same endpoint (as previous years) and make it a 6K run. 8P

Still one of my favourite races on the running calendar. No regret doing the b2b though I aching like crazy now. 

The route quite challenging with the rolling hills, bit overcrowded around loyang ave where only the left lane is available. Waterstop is plenty but chilled water or isotonic is kinda nice to have.

Will rejoin the run again next year if it don't clash with other big running event. 

3 hours ago, lonewolf said:

Either everyone is getting tired of posting race reports or really nothing else to report or no one except stalky, pris and me joined this race. :crazysmile:

#1 and #2 are not really that bad but #3 would be very sad.

Thank goodness this year the bag deposit (for some strange unfathomable reason) was smooth with almost no queue when I collect my bag. Maybe I ran too slow this year and missed the crowd. However, I realised that my time variance from last year was not very significant so even factoring my slower time this year, still does not explain why there was no queue. It damn strange because as far as I can tell, they are using the same system as they do every year. Still, I am glad about the efficiency of the baggage deposit this year. :good:

One thing that is bad is that there was no isotonic along the route. I guess it's because there was no isotonic sponsor this year. Also, the isotonic serve at the race village was not chilled. I missed last year system of a whole barrel of ice-cold isotonic self-service. Luckily the weather was kind so it was not so bad.

The rehab exhibit has a lot of interesting exhibits and the use of technology in the prison system. I find the iLIDS and AVATAR system fascinating. As with telemeeting and digitalisation of letters from the inmate's loved ones. 

Not sure if the free shuttle bus system to Expo improved this year. Still looks messy. At least this year they separate the crowd going to the main entrance and those taking the shuttle service, so the flow is better for those going out. 

Last but not least, I do not understand why the end point for the 5.6K is just after the Prison entrance. And then participants have to walk the rest of the way in (about 400m?) to the race village. So they might well have the same endpoint (as previous years) and make it a 6K run. 8P

Still one of my favourite races on the running calendar. No regret doing the b2b though I aching like crazy now. 

Haha, i never join this race.. transport in terms of Parking not convinent for me... I stay jurong somemore :(

Race Pack Collection: It was a breeze. Collected less than 5 minutes.

Transport: Bought shuttle bus ticket but unfortunately he does not know where to drop us at Changi Village till someone directed him to u-turn back.

Bag Deposit: Fast service minimal waiting time.

Run Route:  I missed the flag off due to remembering wrong time. Running was fun 'cos no crowd already & enjoyed route experience.

Water Point: Adequate.

Race Village:  Full of activities, entertainment etc. 

Return For Next Year:: Most probably to sweat it out.