Sign in to follow this  
lonewolf

POSB Run for Kids 2018 - 08 Sep (Sat)

Posted (edited)

5ad409e52e269_2018-09-08POSBRunforKidsBanner.thumb.jpg.a5d8afac1dc2a3340e469dab9074a86f.jpg

Registration: https://www.posb.com.sg/posbkidsrun/cgi-bin/registration/rfk2018/prereg.cgi/ 

Date: 08 Sep 2018 (Sat)
Time: 3pm
Venue: Marina Promontory

Category/Flag Off

• 10km                                4.00pm
  • 5km                                  4.30pm
  • 1.2km                               4.45pm
  • 800m                                5.00pm
  • 3.5km Family Walk - Non Competitive    7.00pm

Registration Fees

1492459281_2018-09-08POSBRunforKidsFee.thumb.jpg.748226b7a5feda9893a1736947686e25.jpg

Runners Entitlement
This year’s exclusive race pack includes:

• Run for Kids running tee
  • Run for Kids sling bag with unique artwork designed by Kids Fund participant
  • Race bib
  • 10th Anniversary Medal (for Competitive runners)
  • Special goodie bag for first 100 early bird sign-ups

rfks-running-tee-2018.jpg

Race Pack Collection
Date:    25 & 26 Aug 2018 (Sat & Sun)
Time:    11am to 7pm
Venue:    City Square Mall, Basement 1, Fountain Square, 180 Kitchener Road, Singapore 208539

[COMMENT]  One of the cheapest 10K race is back this year but has become an evening race on a Saturday. This may eliminate potential clash with other races on Sunday. But it may create potential b2b races with other races happening the next day like RunNUS. So pending greater clarity on what other races may popped up on 9 Sep, will KIV for now. 

Edited by lonewolf

5 hours ago, stalky79 said:

Still can not register? 

Think not opened yet. Will update once registration open. 

Race pack collected...about 5mins wait when I reach there around 11.30. Got the special goodie bag (Posb plush toy and picnic mat) for the 1st 100 sign up)

I think this race only stalky79 and me run :crazysmile:

Despite 4.30pm flag off, we were blessed with overcast weather. And the morning rain also helped to somewhat cool the air so it was quite comfortable to run in. Hydration was adequate and best of all the 100+ was cold :cold: For some unknown reason, the run up the slope round Marina Barrage was omitted from the race route. I'm sure no one was complaining about that. 

Of cos, the morning rain turned the whole race site into a water-logged and muddy mess. Can't help getting your shoe wet depositing your bag, use the toilet and hydration. 

Overall, nothing to complain about. Good race!

7 hours ago, lonewolf said:

I think this race only stalky79 and me run :crazysmile:

Despite 4.30pm flag off, we were blessed with overcast weather. And the morning rain also helped to somewhat cool the air so it was quite comfortable to run in. Hydration was adequate and best of all the 100+ was cold :cold: For some unknown reason, the run up the slope round Marina Barrage was omitted from the race route. I'm sure no one was complaining about that. 

Of cos, the morning rain turned the whole race site into a water-logged and muddy mess. Can't help getting your shoe wet depositing your bag, use the toilet and hydration. 

Overall, nothing to complain about. Good race!

Saw the slope on the route map and was glad during the actual run it was omitted... my Garmin only show 9.8km.. damn the muddy field when collecting the medal and drinks(100 plus and mineral water) after the race. Gave up on the free ice cream because of it.

1hr pacer going damn fast for first 3km... 5.30 to 5.45. Should have use my watch instead

Edited by stalky79