kcslchin

2018 - MSIG Singapore Action Asia 50

Just saw on Facebook. Event shifted from July to September! 

Only event date & fees confirmed. Other details still TBC (inlc if got 5km distance)

http://www.actionasiaevents.com/our-events/2018-msigsg/overview.html

Event Name:

MSIG Singapore AA 50 - Singapore

Date:

September 29, 2018 (Saturday)

Start Time:

6:30 a.m - 50km, 7:00 am - 21km, 7:30 am - 10km  (all time tbc), 5km (distance tbc)

Start Location:

Singapore -  Hindhede Walk (600 meters walk across bridge from Beauty World MRT (tbc)

Finish Location:

Singapore -  Hindhede Walk (600 meters walk across bridge from Beauty World MRT (tbc)

Distance:

10km, 21km, 50km, 5km (tbc)

Category:

Trail Running - mostly off road - 10km / 21km and 50km mixture grass track, trail & road

ENTRY FEES – MSIG SINGAPORE ACTION ASIA 50

Category 

Early Bird
from Now to

30 April, 2018 

Normal fee

1 May  to 31 July, 2018 

Late fee

1 August, 2018 onward 

10km

SGD35  (26.5USD)

SGD40  (30USD)

SGD45  (34USD)

21km

SGD55  (42USD)

SGD65  (49USD)

SGD70  (53USD)

50km

SGD65  (49USD)

SGD79  (60USD)

SGD85  (64.5USD)

5km

tbc

tbc

tbc

Just 1 week after Craze Ultra which will be on 22-23 Sep....most likely i'll not recover in time for this race. Will have to skip this year.

3 hours ago, jerrylam said:

Just 1 week after Craze Ultra which will be on 22-23 Sep....most likely i'll not recover in time for this race. Will have to skip this year.

Can join a chilled 21km recovery run hahaha...

Or be a pacer for Craze Ultra as a LSD for 50km for this? 

On 26/03/2018 at 3:00 PM, beast said:

Can join a chilled 21km recovery run hahaha...

Or be a pacer for Craze Ultra as a LSD for 50km for this? 

21km recovery run??? You see me too high bro hahahaha

after your 100km Craze Ultra, can sign up this 50km trail run as recovery run. 

Edited by kcslchin

On 3/27/2018 at 4:10 PM, jerrylam said:

21km recovery run??? You see me too high bro hahahaha

12 hours ago, kcslchin said:

after your 100km Craze Ultra, can sign up this 50km trail run as recovery run. 

Looks like I am not the only one!

Hi,

Does anyone knows how the route like? I don't understand the part at M17-2? then after that, how to finish at the Start/End which is the same location? Or anyone able to advise how is the actual route like?

Thanks.

Edited by evoodo

Agree. :bad:

I think can award them 'Ugliest Tee Design of the Year' award liao. :crazysmile:

Actually, if the remove the leaves, it's quite nice.

Lai Lai.. GPGT!!

MSIGSGshirtdesign678-noleave.jpg

Much better right? :punk:

Maybe someone should mail them my edit and see what they say. 

Edited by lonewolf

Other than leaves being part of trees, why are they being associated with a trail run? ?

Agree that the design is better without the leaves.

6 hours ago, lonewolf said:

I think can award them 'Ugliest Tee Design of the Year' award liao. :crazysmile:

Lai Lai.. GPGT!!

I saw this post first and I thought it was quite nice, then I saw the original design....

23 hours ago, lonewolf said:

Lai Lai.. GPGT!!

Once the leaves are gone, the mountain print may give foreign runners the impression that our Bk Timah Hill looks like Mont Blanc!! ?

Looking forward to this event next month & hopefully i will enjoy as well.

Can anyone advise the difficulty level of this event using 1-5 stars as benchmark? Thanks.

1 hour ago, SG RED DEVIL said:

Looking forward to this event next month & hopefully i will enjoy as well.

Can anyone advise the difficulty level of this event using 1-5 stars as benchmark? Thanks.

What category are you joining and what is the average distance you run for road/trail?

18 hours ago, beast said:

What category are you joining and what is the average distance you run for road/trail?

Hi beast, i'm joining 21 km event. How tedious is it since road & trail are totally different? Thanks in advance. 

17 hours ago, SG RED DEVIL said:

Hi beast, i'm joining 21 km event. How tedious is it since road & trail are totally different? Thanks in advance. 

IMHO the 21km trail for the run is about the toughness of running a 25km road, factoring the facts that it is running on a different terrain, narrow running paths, and upslopes/ downslopes. If you typically takes 2 hours to finish a 21km road, then you should most likely take about 2 1/2 hours to finish a 21km trail. 

Also need to be mindful that when running trail it typically has less hydration points, and less obvious signages which will may lead you to running extra distances due to you getting lost.

And it might take longer to complete a trail run if it rains as it has happened for past editions of this run.

I find it more challenging & exciting going down wet, muddy trails with rocks & tree roots but not everyone does.

In trail you need to concentrate on the ground. I injured my ankle during a trail run this year. First injury after so many injury free year. So do make sure you run with your alert mind.

9 hours ago, beast said:

IMHO the 21km trail for the run is about the toughness of running a 25km road, factoring the facts that it is running on a different terrain, narrow running paths, and upslopes/ downslopes. If you typically takes 2 hours to finish a 21km road, then you should most likely take about 2 1/2 hours to finish a 21km trail. 

Also need to be mindful that when running trail it typically has less hydration points, and less obvious signages which will may lead you to running extra distances due to you getting lost.

Hi beast, thanks for sharing your thoughts to look out for on trail running. Will keep them in mind since trail running is more punishing than road running. Cheers.

9 hours ago, kcslchin said:

And it might take longer to complete a trail run if it rains as it has happened for past editions of this run.

I find it more challenging & exciting going down wet, muddy trails with rocks & tree roots but not everyone does.

Hi kcslchin, not a fan of getting wet but i do like to push myself to the limit especially challenging & exciting event. Appreciate your views.

6 hours ago, mover said:

In trail you need to concentrate on the ground. I injured my ankle during a trail run this year. First injury after so many injury free year. So do make sure you run with your alert mind.

Hi mover, noted on full concentration at all times to prevent injury. Will heed your advise. Thanks.