Sign in to follow this  
lonewolf

PCCW Global Charity Run 2018 - 27 Jun (Wed)

Posted (edited)

pccw-01.png?crc=4154698573

Websitehttp://charity.pccwglobal.com/ 
Registration: https://register.pinkapple.com.sg/cgi-bin/registration/pccwg2018/prereg.cgi

Date: June 27, 2018 
Time: 7am 
Venue: Gardens by the Bay (Silver Leaf)

Race Registration
2018-06-27_PCCW_Global_Charity_Run_Fee.jsinglet_g.pngfinisher.png

Race Pack Entry Collection
Date: 22-23 June 2018 
Time: 11am to 7pm 
Venue: 2XU Peformance Centre, 3 Temasek Boulevard Suntec City Tower 3 #01-610 Singapore, 038983 

[COMMENT]  A sgrunners.com exclusive breaking news that you won't find listed on any running related FB/website yet. The 2018 edition of PCCW Global Charity Run will be held on 27 Jun 2018.

How do I know? As pointed out last yr I figured out that this race had always be held together with CommunicaAsia conference. CommunicaAsia 2018 will be held this year from 26 - 28 Jun 2018.

Checking PCCW Global Event page , you can see this entry listed:

PCCW Global Charity Run
Host
June 27, 2017, Singapore

So those interested in a 'free' race, do look out when registration is open. Hopefully, Pink Apple will continue to be the event manager. Registration fee is 100% tax exempt. You run for a good cause, get tax exemption and get to keep all the goodies including singlet, finisher tee and possibly ELM medals. 

Edited by lonewolf
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

Excellent! Gave 2017 edition a miss after returning SCKLM. Will sign up for a wonderful cause  when Registration opens. Thank you Lonewolf for the heads-up. 

Edited by Williamteobc

Hmm I was wondering how come I missed such a good event last year.  Then realised it was held on a weekday.  And this year is no different.  Since I have to work, will have to miss this.

Lai Lai.. Registration opens liao.. :diablo:

Beneficiary this yr is Make-A-Wish Singapore.

Pink Apple will be the event organiser so highly likely it will remain an ELM medal race. :bling:

On 3/6/2018 at 9:59 PM, wonderfulblevic said:

Hmm I was wondering how come I missed such a good event last year.  Then realised it was held on a weekday.  And this year is no different.  Since I have to work, will have to miss this.

5km run with flag off at 7am. Should finish by 7.30am and can make it to work at 8.30am.

It will be a bit of a rush but definitely doable if one really wants to do it.

On 3/6/2018 at 9:20 PM, Williamteobc said:

Excellent! Gave 2017 edition a miss after returning SCKLM. Will sign up for a wonderful cause  when Registration opens. Thank you Lonewolf for the heads-up. 

Registered liao

Just to check with those who had registered. 

Assuming, you pay the 'suggested' minimum amount, were you charged $30 or $35?

I know the website says $35 (by Apr 30) but when I registered on 20 Apr, I was only charged $30.

Unconvinced, I did a 'mock' registration recently and indeed the charge was $35.

So anyone else paid only $30 for the race? :iiam:

36 minutes ago, lonewolf said:

Just to check with those who had registered. 

Assuming, you pay the 'suggested' minimum amount, were you charged $30 or $35?

I know the website says $35 (by Apr 30) but when I registered on 20 Apr, I was only charged $30.

Unconvinced, I did a 'mock' registration recently and indeed the charge was $35.

So anyone else paid only $30 for the race? :iiam:

I paid $30 as well

On 4/25/2018 at 2:05 PM, stalky79 said:

I paid $30 as well

Probably the organizer noticed this "mistake" and got it corrected... So I paid for $35 yesterday...

Posted (edited)

Just realized 100% of the registeration will be given to charity... damn... any ways to make donation for the $5 ? Feel bad sia 

go to make a wish website, min $50 donation ...😳

Edited by stalky79

3 hours ago, stalky79 said:

Just realized 100% of the registeration will be given to charity... damn... any ways to make donation for the $5 ? Feel bad sia 

go to make a wish website, min $50 donation ...😳

Haaa.... from $5 to $50... next year join again lo

1 hour ago, AutumnRunner said:

Haaa.... from $5 to $50... next year join again lo

The “next year join again” seems like a better option... hahaha

47 minutes ago, stalky79 said:

The “next year join again” seems like a better option... hahaha

Agree. :punk: And if you are still feeling 'bad' about the $5. You can always donate additional when you sign up. :crazysmile:

Received this sms “ Dear participants, based on the NEA forecast, rain is expected. We are monitoring the situation and will advise all participants by 6.15am if the run is delayed.”

good communications! Way better than on the hills 10k

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, stalky79 said:

Received this sms “ Dear participants, based on the NEA forecast, rain is expected. We are monitoring the situation and will advise all participants by 6.15am if the run is delayed.”

Agreed. SMS notification is definitely much better than updating via Facebook. But frankly few organizer can do SMS so far, so here is some improvement space for the organizers.

Anyway, the race wasn't affected by the rain this early morning, we are lucky to run under the cool weather. 💪😋✌️

Edited by ZZIZZ

A much better-organised race than last yr (not that there was anything major screw up last yr. Just took a little long to get the finisher tee/medal)

Really nothing to complain about this yr. Another almost perfect and flawless execution by Pink Apple. Hard to deny that they are the current gold standard for race organisation in Singapore.

Of cos, the icing on the cake is another well-earned coloured ELM medal for my collection. :bling:

45 minutes ago, lonewolf said:

A much better-organised race than last yr (not that there was anything major screw up last yr. Just took a little long to get the finisher tee/medal)

Really nothing to complain about this yr. Another almost perfect and flawless execution by Pink Apple. Hard to deny that they are the current gold standard for race organisation in Singapore.

Of cos, the icing on the cake is another well-earned coloured ELM medal for my collection. :bling:

Didn’t realized it’s elm until you say. Better if it’s rainbow colour like osaka one... lol

34 minutes ago, stalky79 said:

Didn’t realized it’s elm until you say. Better if it’s rainbow colour like osaka one... lol

errrrr..... so did I.

Did not realize that it's ELM medal until you guys highlighted it... emmm, interesting.

5 hours ago, stalky79 said:

4 hours ago, ZZIZZ said:

errrrr..... so did I.

Did not realize that it's ELM medal until you guys highlighted it... emmm, interesting.

Can't say I'm surprised. Can expect everyone to be 'ELM-siao' like members of Medals Hunter United. :bling:

But a hint for you guys. If the race is organised by Pink Apple, there's a 90% chance the medal will be ELM.