Sign in to follow this  
lonewolf

OXFITT Run Till Dark 2018 - 21 Jul (Sat)

Posted (edited)

OXFITT-Run-Till-Dark-2018-1600.jpg

Date: 21 Jul 2018 (Sat)
Time: 6.15pm
Venue: The Promontory
Category: 15km

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/156642115048831/
Registration: https://register.pinkapple.com.sg/cgi-bin/registration/oxfitt2018/prereg.cgi

Registration Fee 

First 800 (30 Mar, 2018) : $48
Next 800(29 Apr, 2018) : $55
Next 200(30 May, 2018): $60

ENTITLEMENT

• String Bag  
  • Finisher Medal  
  • Running Singlet

oxfitt-running-singlet-design.jpg

Race Entry Pack Collection

Date: 14 & 15 July 2018
Time: 11am to 7pm
Venue: Running Lab, Marina Square #02-26 S039594

[COMMENT] Limited to 2,000 participants. Another event organsied by Pink Apple! Can consider.  :spiteful:  If Pink Apple is organising this, is it safe to conclude that they are not doing Race Against Cancer this yr (15 or 22 Jul). I guess they can organise races on 2 consecutive weekends but to organise 2 event b2b on the same weekend may be a little tough, no?

Edited by lonewolf

Not sure if I am correct about this, but I think Singapore Cancer Society put up the tender for Race Against Cancer every year. So Pink Apple may or may not win the tender. I guess they went ahead with this confirmed one first, and in the event that they win the RAC tender, they will hire more resources to manage both events somehow.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, beast said:

Not sure if I am correct about this, but I think Singapore Cancer Society put up the tender for Race Against Cancer every year. So Pink Apple may or may not win the tender. I guess they went ahead with this confirmed one first, and in the event that they win the RAC tender, they will hire more resources to manage both events somehow.

True. In fact, I went back to look at the RAC tender for last yr and it only open in mid-March and close end March, so if the timetable remain more or less the same, the tender has not even been called yet. 

So perhaps Pink Apple may not even be thinking of participating in this yr tender, if they are committed to organising this event. 

Edited by lonewolf

I think the route may not be exciting enough for regular runners to join this run. It will likely be a run to Tanjong Rhu/Stadium area and loop back again.  Race fees seem reasonable but again it is a route that does not involve road closure and one can run anytime. 

another point to note is the new apparel brand Oxfitt... wonder how its quality or cost is... wonder if there will be a change from YACR to YAOR in the future.... 

3 hours ago, lonewolf said:

Same day as Singtel run against cancer which is at city square mall

20 hours ago, stalky79 said:

Same day as Singtel run against cancer which is at city square mall

Yup. Those doing b2b with RAC can collect both race packs on the same day. :good:

1 hour ago, AutumnRunner said:

How's the material for the singlet for those who have collected or even worn it?

Material a smooth and comparable to Newton and CompresSport singlet.

Won't be surprised if the same OEM manufacturer supplies all 3 brands. :crazysmile:

Saw their route info...Any one can give some light on if we need to run thru the 'marina barrage ramp mountain' or not...in early half or late half?

Thanks

3 hours ago, Haibei1971 said:

Saw their route info...Any one can give some light on if we need to run thru the 'marina barrage ramp mountain' or not...in early half or late half?

Thanks

Think no need. Usually if need to run up the ramp, they would draw the trace the loop round the ramp. So probably just a straightforward to-and-fro route. 

On 7/15/2018 at 8:35 PM, lonewolf said:

Material a smooth and comparable to Newton and CompresSport singlet.

Won't be surprised if the same OEM manufacturer supplies all 3 brands. :crazysmile:

possible.... if it's not, then there's more competition and probably can bring the race fees down....

OhMyGod,   

TOP 50 Runners will recieve an OXFITT Compression set WORTH $168

*For top 50 men’s and top 50 women’s

**Results are based on gun time.

Good Luck to all    :jump: 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, wwwlimlim said:

OhMyGod,   

TOP 50 Runners will recieve an OXFITT Compression set WORTH $168

*For top 50 men’s and top 50 women’s

**Results are based on gun time.

Good Luck to all    :jump: 

Hope that in the future, many more races follow suit and provide such incentives for a wider group of runners to aim for, and not just for the elite 0.1% - 0.3% of finishers. 

Edited by warp9wb

can foresee the competition will be hot...

You can see this year TPS, they have 8 Garmin to win, then you compare the result with 2017 ones. Huge diff...

Posted (edited)

Enjoyable run. Ndp crowd outside mbs cheering for the runners sia... lol... 

1. elm medal

2. Only complain is that no isotonic drink or cold water 

3. Fried rice with soy sauce chicken and prawn cake? Lol

Edited by stalky79

What stalk79 said. :crazysmile:But need to add the following.

Having the F16 bomb burst just right before flag off was an experience. Damn! I dun rem seeing an F16 with afterburner flying so damn low before. The afterburner glow was a sight to behold. Too bad under the cover of trees at the starting pen. So dun reallly have a chance to take a good picture.

Milo van in the starting pen FTW!! :punk:This is the first race I encountered when the milo van is placed inside the starting pen. Perfect for a quick top up before the race. 

Despite the throng of crowd catching the NDP preview fireworks, Pink Apple and the security staff did a superb job in creating a clear path for the runners especially in the high volume area in front of the MBS Shoppe.

I admit I was probably distracted by all plane fly-bys and fireworks which probably slow me down a little. But can't be help. It was definitely a unique race because of the NDP preview. If you ask me, race organiser should be smart about it and tap on future NDP preview shows around the Marina Bay area for the unique atmosphere.

The food at the end was a pleasant surprise. 

Despite it being a Pink Apple event, it feels almost no-frills. I think the turnout was quite small. Probably less than 1,000 runners.

First time trying b2b (evening-morning) races, so it was a challenge for me not to tax myself too much and not finishing too slow for the cut-off time. ^_^

There's was another race late at night along Punggol Waterway. I encounter them during my nightly run at before 9pm. Conditions not ideal as they have to deal with park users, especially the cyclists and PMD riders. Couldn't make out what race is that from the Bibs. 

2 hours ago, lonewolf said:

What stalk79 said. :crazysmile:But need to add the following.

Having the F16 bomb burst just right before flag off was an experience. Damn! I dun rem seeing an F16 with afterburner flying so damn low before. The afterburner glow was a sight to behold. Too bad under the cover of trees at the starting pen. So dun reallly have a chance to take a good picture.

Milo van in the starting pen FTW!! :punk:This is the first race I encountered when the milo van is placed inside the starting pen. Perfect for a quick top up before the race. 

Despite the throng of crowd catching the NDP preview fireworks, Pink Apple and the security staff did a superb job in creating a clear path for the runners especially in the high volume area in front of the MBS Shoppe.

I admit I was probably distracted by all plane fly-bys and fireworks which probably slow me down a little. But can't be help. It was definitely a unique race because of the NDP preview. If you ask me, race organiser should be smart about it and tap on future NDP preview shows around the Marina Bay area for the unique atmosphere.

The food at the end was a pleasant surprise. 

Despite it being a Pink Apple event, it feels almost no-frills. I think the turnout was quite small. Probably less than 1,000 runners.

First time trying b2b (evening-morning) races, so it was a challenge for me not to tax myself too much and not finishing too slow for the cut-off time. ^_^

I took videos of the Ndp aerial show and fireworks as I ran and still managed to clock my best timing for 2018... lol

really like the part Where the organizer cleared a path for runners outside MBS with the crowd cheering...

but then again too much crowd as well - saw a bike ebrake outside GBTB trying to avoid collision with a kid and flipped over. Poor chap.. 

2 hours ago, Ender said:

There's was another race late at night along Punggol Waterway. I encounter them during my nightly run at before 9pm. Conditions not ideal as they have to deal with park users, especially the cyclists and PMD riders. Couldn't make out what race is that from the Bibs. 

That’s the Twilight Ultra organized by Running Guild. I didn’t sign up cos I don’t like this route for precisely the reasons you mentioned.