Sign in to follow this  
stalky79

Osaka Marathon 2018 - 25th November 2018

2 hours ago, derrick_twj said:

There are some details being released in the my page section of the website after logging in

Just received the email too, participants can check your mailbox!

We uploaded information on runners’ registration, a participation guide, exchange tickets for the number cards and a health checklist on MyPage of the Osaka Marathon website. 

race booklet out...in pen M

got free mizuno finisher tee, runner pls remember to collect

image.thumb.png.074ebec367b4b046febbb3c0368cab00.pngbased on the map, is it alight at Morinomiya station? 

Edited by stalky79

2 hours ago, stalky79 said:

image.thumb.png.074ebec367b4b046febbb3c0368cab00.pngbased on the map, is it alight at Morinomiya station? 

I’m in pen E, any idea does the purple number means the number of toilets cubicles? I think if you buy the Osaka metro day pass, it should be better to alight at morinomiya

3 hours ago, derrick_twj said:

I’m in pen E, any idea does the purple number means the number of toilets cubicles? I think if you buy the Osaka metro day pass, it should be better to alight at morinomiya

not sure wor, my virgin osaka marathon

I think I'm in Pen M too. That's the letter in front of my bib number.

I indicated a 3:20 finishing time and M seems very far back. If everyone in the earlier pens is faster, that would be great but it would be awful if they get in the way.

Edited by benchy

On 10/27/2018 at 11:16 AM, derrick_twj said:

Yeah it should be, dont be surprised at the number of toilets they provide for such major race, but still go early as there will still be a queue and if you missed the timing, you can only start from the last pen. They also have rows of toilets with just urinals for the guys and no doors, i was quite amused when i saw it last year but was too shy to take any pics. 

14 hours ago, benchy said:

I indicated a 3:20 finishing time and M seems very far back. If everyone in the earlier pens is faster, that would be great but it would be awful if they get in the way.

That's really strange, I've declared a slower timing than you like 5 hour but I'm in Pen L. Did you indicate any past races pb timing? 

17 hours ago, benchy said:

3.20 should not be in pen M wor...

@akane81@stalky79 I emailed the organisers and hopefully they'll allow me to bump up, otherwise I'll try again at the race expo.

I'll be going to the race expo around lunchtime on Saturday. Hope to see our fellow SGRunners!

30 minutes ago, benchy said:

@akane81@stalky79 I emailed the organisers and hopefully they'll allow me to bump up, otherwise I'll try again at the race expo.

I'll be going to the race expo around lunchtime on Saturday. Hope to see our fellow SGRunners!

I will reach osaka on Friday. Will collect first thing on Saturday morning 

On ‎10‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 8:53 AM, stalky79 said:

Yes. And then a 10-15mins long walk to start point.

i recmmend that you arrive there by 7am+

On 11/9/2018 at 10:09 AM, yh90 said:

Yes. And then a 10-15mins long walk to start point.

i recmmend that you arrive there by 7am+

My intention was to reach there at 7am ... lol

thanks for the info 

It's marathon week! Ganbatte everyone!

If anyone wants to get a WhatsApp group going for chit chat, send me your mobile number privately.

Reached Osaka!

sibeh cold sia when the wind blows at night. Tomorrow go collect race pack

Edited by stalky79

If its any consolation, tomorrow is a sunny and warm day (though I prefer chilly weather). All the best to everyone for tomorrow's race! 

All the best to those runners doing Osaka Marathon 2018 today! Hope you people have a good experience there!

39 minutes ago, derrick_twj said:

Weather was cooling, managed a PB!!!

That is good and well done!

Managed a PB as well... shaved almost 1hr off my previous sundown marathon

crowd was fantastic

medal and towel design is nice

plenty of photo and video taking 

Cramped at 40km and had to stretch for like 5 mins stationary... lol

next year route will be changed 

8 minutes ago, stalky79 said:

Managed a PB as well... shaved almost 1hr off my previous sundown marathon

crowd was fantastic

medal and towel design is nice

plenty of photo and video taking 

Cramped at 40km and had to stretch for like 5 mins stationary... lol

next year route will be changed 

@stalky79 That is impressive :goodjob: and glad to know you enjoyed the event.

Just curious to know how did you get the information on route change for Osaka Marathon?

Next year no Nanko Ohashi bridge. 

(Hint was on your baggage pack design)

Route changed to start and end point Osaka Jo koen (Osaka castle). Will pass by Abeno Harukas and Osaka business park.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, trailblazer said:

@stalky79 That is impressive :goodjob: and glad to know you enjoyed the event.

Just curious to know how did you get the information on route change for Osaka Marathon?

Usually they will post the following year date on the board at intex, but this year, they didn’t mentioned next year date, the board only mentioned see you in 2019, with a new course

• Like 1

3 hours ago, derrick_twj said:

Usually they will post the following year date on the board at intex, but this year, they didn’t mentioned next year date, the board only mentioned see you in 2019, with a new course

@derrick_twjThanks for the clarification and almost forget to congrats you on your PB!?

You are correct that for Japanese run events, the next event's actual date and year will be announced. It will be interesting how the new course is going to be like. I saw the board photos in Instagram relating to Osaka Marathon 2018 also.

4 hours ago, derrick_twj said:

Could it be because this year the run date is pushed back by about a month (usually its end Oct), and next year they want to try and see if they can push it back to Oct again?