lonewolf

Standard Chartered Singapore Marathon 2018 - 8th - 9th December 2018

On 11/18/2018 at 11:10 AM, kohpapa said:

West Coast Highway run... is an elevated run..just like hilly run type, meaning air is "thinner", less oxygen...so expect those who always run flat terrain like ecp, roads..to be more strenuous...for this one...you breathe "harder"....

Scenery along West Coast Highway is...concrete walls along the side...all the way to the U-turn point...just you and the sky..except when you return from the U-turn point from pasir panjang, you can see the kent ridge hill and the mount faber as you head to Keppel road exit...

Unlike ECP...if you breakdown or need a break along West Coast Highway, you are always on a long road ahead...hope there is no heavy thundery rain or hot sun when you run...for there are only exit roads...or wait for coach bus to sweep you if you really want to give up...

Welcome back uncle! So it is confirmed that we'll be running on top of the Westcoast Highway....not below it. Just hope to go pass this stretch before the sun rises, as there's totally zero shelter. 

3 minutes ago, jerrylam said:

Welcome back uncle! So it is confirmed that we'll be running on top of the Westcoast Highway....not below it. Just hope to go pass this stretch before the sun rises, as there's totally zero shelter. 

Local weather forecast monsoon may last till the end of Nov. Cross finger and there is chance that the weather might be cloudy/wet during the race date!  :D

1 minute ago, delldell314 said:

Local weather forecast monsoon may last till the end of Nov. Cross finger and there is chance that the weather might be cloudy/wet during the race date!  :D

Bring on the rain, anytime!!! 

1 hour ago, NoobieRunner said:

Noobie is all for the rain.
Let's hope for the heaviest rain ever! (minus thunderstorm of course)
It will be a race to remember!

Better the rain than getting baked under the sun. If it rains, confirm many PBs!! LOL

On 11/16/2018 at 5:57 PM, prisangel said:

Longest run 21km. 

21km still ok... quality better than quantity...

On ‎11‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 11:40 AM, jerrylam said:

4 weekends to race day guys. Hope everyone is training well for it. Either you'll be doing your final LSD this 1 to 2 weeks, or you should start tapering already. 

I peaked 4 weeks before the race, but shortly after that i went down with influenza which hindered my tapering (Cant run properly or need to rest more) until several days ago.

On ‎11‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 11:10 AM, kohpapa said:

West Coast Highway run... is an elevated run..just like hilly run type, meaning air is "thinner", less oxygen...so expect those who always run flat terrain like ecp, roads..to be more strenuous...for this one...you breathe "harder"....

Scenery along West Coast Highway is...concrete walls along the side...all the way to the U-turn point...just you and the sky..except when you return from the U-turn point from pasir panjang, you can see the kent ridge hill and the mount faber as you head to Keppel road exit...

Unlike ECP...if you breakdown or need a break along West Coast Highway, you are always on a long road ahead...hope there is no heavy thundery rain or hot sun when you run...for there are only exit roads...or wait for coach bus to sweep you if you really want to give up...

Many of my LSDs all at Upper and Lower pierce road as well as having ran at a hillier FM in scmkl , so west coast highway not a big issue to me

@prisangel - you'll still beat me ;)

Please can everyone here put their rubbish in the bin to keep the course safe and clear for all runners as well as so stuff like gel packets are picked up. Too often we are finding them in drains, grass, in the sand hanging around after the cleaners have been through.

Fast runners never see the rubbish that the slower runners have to face and have to cautiously try to not fall over cups and banana peels, or have a gel packet stuck to the bottom of their shoe.

Please hang onto your rubbish until you've seen a bin. There are lots of bins and the worst will be that you have to hold onto your rubbish for 10 minutes until you see another bin. You are all awesome to give this consideration :)

Edited by Lady Ice

21 hours ago, yh90 said:

I peaked 4 weeks before the race, but shortly after that i went down with influenza which hindered my tapering (Cant run properly or need to rest more) until several days ago.

I have been sick for past 2 weeks.  Longest run so far is 24km 2 weeks and then literally stopped running due to viral fever and cough.  Training programme went out of the window.  I started to feel better and I did 15km yesterday evening.  Felt ok and not tired.  Will do 25-28km on Friday.  I hope I am fit enough for next Sunday.

Edited by Madmax

On 11/19/2018 at 3:46 PM, jerrylam said:

Better the rain than getting baked under the sun. If it rains, confirm many PBs!! LOL

The race starts at 430 and we will run towards west coast first... so should not meet the sun for a trained runner like u.. Jerry... 

13 hours ago, AutumnRunner said:

The race starts at 430 and we will run towards west coast first... so should not meet the sun for a trained runner like u.. Jerry... 

Confirm will meet the sun lahhhh!!! Unless i can finish it within 2:30 hours hahahahaha

I might be tough, but i'll never be that fast....trained or untrained ?

Anyway, it's flu season now. Load up on those vitamins everyone. Even i just recovered from a bout of flu. Race day is close. Train safe, stay healthy peeps!! 

I aim not to let the sweeper to catch up with me can liao.

capture20181130124812900.png

Edited by yh90

With so many road closures, can anyone advise where to park our cars if driving to the starting point on the 9th Dec? Thanks.

6 hours ago, yh90 said:

I aim not to let the sweeper to catch up with me can liao.

capture20181130124812900.png

Eh if the sweeper catch a fast runner like you, then confirm I will be swept leh.

Hi, everyone...uncle is back just to have fun with everyone..only for SC Marathon every year...uncle returns..

this year, the sun rises from the east... but, for the first time, all HM and FM first run to the west (west coast highway - closure - first time run for most and all runners, except uncle of course lah) ....and then to the east...provided the sun is really shining hot (rare in 2nd half of Nov)...and also while waiting at F1 pit for both HM and FM pens...expecting:

287kopg.png

whoever kena last pen station G, better brace for the hot sun (or never) at the ECP...and better meet the 7 hours, otherwise kena sweep off...

abutthen, everyone here is talking about the weather...because what if it rains...well...see you at the pen station...umbrella, raincoat, no coat, bare the rain..uncle has 2xu tri suit for wet and dry...so whatever you have, please have proper nutrition and hydration for the Journey to the West (the U turn point should be past Haw Par Villa, somewhere to the pasir panjang wholesale centre) and then you head east to see the sun rises (or face sun or dark clouds or thundery rain) at ECP...

hope you all clear your bowels early for nobody wants to look for the loo stn in the pen stn waiting for estimated min. 15mins - 30mins to start... i.e. if everything is delayed by 5-10 mins for every pen stn (it is a norm anyway)... otherwise, bring along your portable poo doggie bag...just in case...

please don't anyhow dispose, otherwise, a very sweet ICEteaLADY will be Green Marshall and use her Go Pokemon Ball and Catchcha...and you end up you DNF...and also kena sweep off...as disposal Pokemon Ball...send to NEA Waste Recycle Centre for Training...don't worry, kena sweep means you can always be Recycled for Sundown Marathon 2019 (June 1 2019)...for they say, you can always Do it Right at Night Only...yes, there will no more Hivelocity, but a new one Infinitus Productions.. ?

Edited by kohpapa

Be advised that there's a possibility of running thru rain on race day due to first 2 weeks of Dec where showers will be expected more often.

But less odds of having cat 1 weather 

let's have fun with weather, uncle-aka-weather-abra-car-bra-da-bull-shi-shi :

t85enm.jpg

if this sat weather is true, then sun could be true....or not true ?

Edited by kohpapa

On 11/30/2018 at 11:19 AM, jerrylam said:

Confirm will meet the sun lahhhh!!! Unless i can finish it within 2:30 hours hahahahaha

I might be tough, but i'll never be that fast....trained or untrained ?

i mean meet the sun on the west coast highway..... heeeeee