lonewolf

Standard Chartered Singapore Marathon 2018 - 8th - 9th December 2018

my dear @Lady Ice .... always you ask for uncle...uncle must come back and contribute another 100 posts....after that...

ok, uncle was also known as ghost story runner during the 7th Lunar Month....don't let uncle end this thread with ghostly marathon run with 1000 posts...:)

let uncle see if at the location where @activerun claims encounter that "vehicle"....uncle must consult my shifu...monkey god for consultation...

Edited by kohpapa

hahaha - must be cos have missed speaking to you ? and since you didn't spend time with me along the marathon route....have to speak to you here

my dear @Lady Ice... this is forum...anything else you can PM to me...let's leave this forum ends with all posting...otherwise, many others thought uncle got charisma...and now everyone miss me and wants to speak to me...

let's talk at other forum threads...and let this one be rested...for 2018..

and for @activerun ... it is a privilege to see an encounter... just like uncle...because only you and uncle got third eye (spiritual)... meaning you can see more and I must admire you for posting so many in this forum thread....leave this encounter to 7th lunar month 2019...then uncle join you to "catch" them ALL...

just to end this ghostly encounter with a story....

Edited by kohpapa

ok, again for my sweet @Lady Ice and for the sake of ending this forum with uncle's ghostly encounter tips for runners...

Do you know why, there is a zigzag bridge at macritchie reservoir?

30jhf07.jpg

lim bo seng tomb is nearby (do you believe that he was buried there?)...and there was an WW2 Japanese Shrine on the other side of the track near to the SIME @Singapore Island Club side...and there was a hidden water tomb just mere 1.5 km on the "right" side of this pic....

so it is known...spirits go straight and follow u along the macritchie route...if you really had an encounter of being followed...this bridge is zigzag...so if you can say bye bye to them...they are kena trapped in this zigzag bridge...now you know why you must run this zigzag bridge always...your "friends" go bonkers kena bang och..bang och...och...och...och...

so, when uncle run cemeteries..is all the time zigzag zigzag....kena chase by them is no fun hor...uncle became to be "Catch"ed by them ALL in the new ghostly pokemon game...

enjooy...

and pleeze...no more alert for uncle...

Edited by kohpapa

33 minutes ago, Lady Ice said:

hahaha @kohpapa

Ahh but did @activerun encounter a car or not? It is very strange as you would normally see those people affected complain on SCSM FB page and not seen a thing.

When I saw the car picture posted by Kohpapa, I knew it's not real since I knew him very well in 2012... he just want to fool around and have fun...

But whatever posted by me regarding the car encountered was real and was not an illusion... My mind was clear and have completed around 30 marathons to date...

This year I was quite well prepared and completed my SCSM 2018 full marathon without clamp and without hitting the wall and achieved around top 12% position...

I didn't even want to turn around and take note of the car plate... At that moment I just want to complete my marathon in planned time...

Only LORD JESUS knows my encountered at Cool Zone@25km...

35 minutes ago, Lady Ice said:

okee thank you Uncle for yr pearls of wisdom.

@activerun have you let the organisers know as this is a serious incidence which I know they will take very seriously

So far no, Lady Ice!

I just want to share what I have experienced personally during the run something unusual or something need attention in the forum.

if u need anything not so serious but ghostly encounter....call uncle...

t9jfiq.jpg

@activerun .... thanks for your vote of confidence in 2012...uncle has no intention to doubt but explore your encounter...time, and perspective...how do you see yourself here? is this good enough for you to describe what you can say you saw?

looks like we still cannot end this thread...without uncle also very curious...what actually happened...

I was greeted with a head-on small saloon car entered into the Cool Zone @ 25km for "car wash???" against the runners flow, immediately I've forgotten about this trembling SHOCK once exited the Haunted Cool Zone and continued my long journey..."

but, if you notice in every cool zone, there is aircon cooler system...so I will go for there is technical setup and only contractors to scsm must have access to this cooling zone @ 25km @ hydration point 13...do you remember it was "Anything is Possible" zone...

do you remember colour of vehicle, was there a commotion by other runners also were surprised like you, shouted and called out  such as "what the.."

update, maybe with something very personal with uncle..

"A few years ago, I was in a car accident. Since then,It’s difficult, and the idea of a seeing a car drive by me makes me feel lightheaded.

Edited by kohpapa

I have one more logical explanation of my encountered.

I think instead of entering the Cool Zone, the car was actually reversing or backed off from the Cool Zone@25km after the driver heard the loud shouting, noise and hands waving of the motorists.

The car has exited about 4/5 of the Cool Zone and only the car bonnet still in the Cool Zone when I was confronted. With the poor visibility, after entering the Cool Zone and by the time I saw the car (never expected a car was inside the Cool Zone!), I ran as close as to the right wall of the Cool zone to avoid the collision.

The car may has exited completely and parked at the center divider by the time the next runner entering the Cool Zone.

The stretch of the route was not as crowded since most runners were running "rather fast" at average pace of 6 minutes per km.

Edited by activerun

motorists...you said...loud shouting...and there must be someone who witnessed the incident...

uncle has ran in this construction road, if not closed, there will be alot of vehicles going to and fro from the construction sites...and maybe, they were not informed of the race route closure...

and uncle in my experience as an official (bike and run) is to make sure no vehicle is to be in this race route....

2dhtbiq.jpg

yellow/black or red/white tapes must tie at ALL entrance/exit of the construction sites...eg at Changi Coast Road (the then old Changi Airport Terminal 3) favourite site for bike riding and racing...now closed and sealed because of Airport Terminal 4...there are then construction sites....

ok, @activerun, you do have an issue and probable reason for the organisers..."Are you sure all construction sites personnel are informed of the road closure, and if yes, what aren't the entry/exits of the construction sites are tied with what uncle called "caution" tapes....and why there is incident of incoming vehicle coming onto the road?"

no, this is not a ghostly encounter as uncle talk silly and funny, apologise...this is an oversight of officials not ensuring the safety of moving vehicles - no vehicle is allowed along the race route at specific time...

thumbs up for this violation, and this will be a better probable reason...for the encounter...

2 posts worth...

Edited by kohpapa

With World Class Marathon staging... with full road blocks...

All the runners can rest assure and run safe without encountering any kind of vehicles on the race route...

But in this year's marathon race route, I personally witnessed the on site traffic controllers stop the runners and let the car crossed over the road... but don't ask me where...

Edited by activerun

remember, World Class Marathon is for the Elites...and we are just participants...and you are awarded with a cert of participation...and not an IAAF ranking as for Elites for Gold Label Race Course and they are rewarded with money.

same as why the last wave has to be given only 3, 4, 5 hour of race route, and cut-off...all because of road opening for the traffic...

site traffic controllers are CISCO traffic wardens...and their job is when the road is to be closed and reopen...and they can be giving the runners the cut-off...sorry, this route is cut off...

Edited by kohpapa

maybe, this race has left something for all to think as - we are participants of an event...we are entitled to a run - safety, hydration, nutrition (for longer distance)...entitled to t-shirt, bib and goodies...sunglasses cracked during the RPEC, so exchange..t-shirt too big or small, so exchange....now pre-race...toilet is there...use it, but queue...run - if injured first-aid...and if need to be sweep off, coach is provided to bring you to race village...entitlements are all yours to collect...COT? applies only to those in last wave, and those who reached the finishing point with after 7++ hour...

perhaps, if there is still some misgiving from both race host and participants like we... look forward to 2019...those who didn't qualify, train harder, those who want to do PB...those who want to double up challenge with 10Km + 21KM or even 42KM...train even harder..

hope this is a genuine ending for all...it is good to have this discussion with closure...yes, good and bad..improvement and with aspiration of what is the best...is always there..

Edited by kohpapa

This is one of the best marathon route with minimum road closure but not sure how "bad' the development at Changi Coast Road area now... Possible to restage ???

All the way one way from Changi Exhibition Centre, U-Turn at ECP around Fort Road and heading back all the way to finishing line...

sundown_42km_from_redsports.jpg

Edited by activerun

aiyo...uncle's favourite topic Sundown Marathons...@activerun ... you sure want uncle to end with 1000 posts with this one...

as for your question on how "bad' the development at Changi Coast Road area....now is a even longer route which includes all the above ...it is known as Tenah Merah Coast Road...SG Ultramarathon 2017 was held in this one in rain....

Tenah Merah Road is about 12-13km compared to the 8km of the Changi Coast Road from the Tenah Merah Canal..

uncle's faviourite  LSD route is from the Hub - Fort Road via Garden By the Bay East..end of ECP ...Tenah Merah Coast Road...Changi Village...for the sack of Sundown Marathon memories...yes traffic is lesser...

bgz32q.jpg

there is no toilet in this tenah merah coast road..only PCN shelters are your take cover if you have Cat 1 Thunder Storm..and there are currently construction sites actively on....

uncle choose to end this SD topic here just to reply and update @activerun...anything else about SCSM 2018 matters...

Edited by kohpapa

It has been a great and testing year for all...

thanks to thelonelyrunner...

29mrszl.jpg

"It's not about how far or how fast... It's about who you are inside!!!" - thelonelyrunner

and many here who have contributed financially to the running of sgRunners...for if not...

uncle and many could not have continued to be in this forum...

merry christmas & happy new year to all ;) silly and funny uncle.....greets all...

and may you have a happy 2019 running events ahead...

6nxzz5.jpg

Edited by kohpapa

wow, everyone happy to see video of actions of SCSM 2018...uncle consolidate for all...

highlights of Elites:

highlights of Participants Experiences (extracted):

hope you see yourself in the magical moments of "scsm 2018" dec 8/9 in the video...meery christmas special 2018 to all...enjooy...;)

Edited by kohpapa

On ‎12‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 1:42 PM, kohpapa said:

wow, everyone happy to see video of actions of SCSM 2018...uncle consolidate for all...

highlights of Elites:

highlights of Participants Experiences (extracted):

hope you see yourself in the magical moments of "scsm 2018" dec 8/9 in the video...meery christmas special 2018 to all...enjooy...;)

Some of your video extracts are from Mingham. Did you seek permission from him and credit him for it?

noted with thanks...Yes, kudo to @h90 with thanks, during the editing, the credit to Mingham was omitted..

the extract was part of the consolidation effort to summarise "what was said, what was felt, what was actually the experience" not expressed in pure words, in this forum thread...

for example, what was in the Kid's Dash, there were 2 youth participants, and the person video must be an adult...how much was paid for the capturing the "scsm 2018" in Kid's Dash?

1zoiaf8.jpg

another example at 10:00 onwards...uncle highlighted on one volunteer who always said, "Congratulations, Ironman"...and if anyone noticed...this same person repeated for all...

Westin Team Runners...credit...

1zoguab.jpg

for the ending clip...Spiderman Bin It!...must have made @Lady Ice very happy...and what's in the The Westin Booth..."wah makan lah...don't know what"...

and @Lady Ice, you were captured while on the run, so uncle could see where were you in part of the FM route...for you wanted to share with uncle your "scsm 2018" FM run experience..thank you for all and uncle experienced it what's "running with tyre"..."everyone must be responsible - remember to bin it!"

most of West Coast Highway scenary were captured....from early morning to sun rise...well documented...many here have expressed the beauty...the rising sun from the WCH facing east...while we journey eastwards...

and for those who did HM, what was in the FM...yes, there was a clip on those who is finishing till 12:30...the ambulance...for uncle has said...pen G last wave had been cut-off since 10am onwards at certain cut-off checkpoints...and many of those finishing are from Pen B onwards...12:30pm (noon)...even if they log at beyond 7 hours at finishing point...so what cut-off time (COT)..

if there is some credit which was left out, uncle apologised (for video)...for every runner in this extract video..there are many thousands that uncle got to give credit..for they had done their PB, hardest, endured, injured, did not make it this time, kena cut-off...all kudos !!!

we should also thank the videographers-cum-runners...who have to stabalise the camera when shooting running scene which is not an easy task..steady in breathing...and yet, running breathlessly together...kudo to the owners for the video...for you have completed a scsm2018 worth memory for all to see "ourselves" in the video....@live..and #relive= the moments and memory ;)

uncle takes this opportunity to wish all...an early..

24b6t6c.gif

Edited by kohpapa

This quote by Ironman Managing Director for Asia Geoff Meyer hit the issue right on the head :crazysmile:

Singapore works very much on this ideology: Singapore for Singaporeans. All of New York City, or London for that matter, basically shuts down for the marathon. There are pros and cons for the local people on a race day like this. But Singapore works on a different level. Every single complaint, or inconvenience to a Singaporean resident, is taken very seriously.

Sad but true. I mean just look at what happens when the MRTs stop running to bring runners to the race site. -_-

Still, I think Mr Meyer over-simplify the issue. The biggest single factor is govt buy-in. If they are convinced, then anything is possible. Just look at how F1 was pushed through despite the inconvenience and complaints and that is over a few days.

Of course, the WMM is nowhere near as prestigious and glamorous as F1. And the economic bottom line is probably significantly lower too. 

Still, I dun think we should rest on our laurels. I think SCKLM (even if it's not even a IAAF Gold Label Race) may also tick many of the boxed that the WMM are looking for.