lonewolf

Standard Chartered Singapore Marathon 2018 - 8th - 9th December 2018

Interesting now can sign up for both 5K/10K and HM/FM since it will be on different day. Good idea, might avoid all those weaving in and out of walking contingent. 

No info yet on the starting and finishing point but in FAQ baggage deposit will be at F1 pit building.

Edited by Arvin Tunas
more info

From the organizers- All participants of SCSM 2017 will be sent personalised VIP registration links with a 10% discount on race entry only applied. The link will expire at the end of the Super Early Bird registration period.

Female - L (Chest 92cm) is only available to Female registrants

Another stup... registration ! So KIV my registration at the mean time.

Please give runners the option to get the singlet or tee for his/her parents, spouse, son/daughter, boy/girl friends, neighbor and ...

Good job to a few organizers such as 2XU compression run and Income Eco Run that given the options !

Race pack must be collected by participant ONLY... cannot collect on behalf ... lol

As we work towards making SCSM an international race, we have aligned Race Pack collection procedure with international race standards, and that means participants at SCSM 2018 are now required to collect their individual race pack. 

To facilitate this, we have have extended our Race Pack Collection with longer opening hours so that all runners will be able to collect their race packs: 
10:00 am to 10:00 pm (Thu 6 Dec – Friday 7 Dec)
09:00 am to 7:00 pm (Sat 8 Dec)

Thank you in advance for your kind support and understanding to this matter and we're really excited to have you and your wife with us at the Start Line in December :)

Edited by stalky79

1 hour ago, stalky79 said:

Race pack must be collected by participant ONLY... cannot collect on behalf ... lol

Why ah? For overseas runners, I understand. Already a practice for other marathons. But for locals? 

3 hours ago, wonderfulblevic said:

Why ah? For overseas runners, I understand. Already a practice for other marathons. But for locals? 

It may be their operational criteria to qualify for WMM. Boston, Berlin, New York and Chicago marathons practise the same.

Let you soak in the atmosphere during the race pack collection. :P

Edited by K!m

Some other changes not mentioned so far.

1) Cut off time for FM = 7 hours

2) Bag deposit will now only accept the bag provided at REPC, with your bag sticker applied to the drawstring if you would like to deposit your items.  No other bags will be accepted.

#1 will likely dissuade those 'marginal' runners from signing up for the FM.

Unsure about #2 and how it will improve the bag deposit system. Since bag deposit at F1 building, then most likely start/end pt will be there. 

1 hour ago, lonewolf said:

Some other changes not mentioned so far.

1) Cut off time for FM = 7 hours

2) Bag deposit will now only accept the bag provided at REPC, with your bag sticker applied to the drawstring if you would like to deposit your items.  No other bags will be accepted.

Unsure about #2 and how it will improve the bag deposit system. Since bag deposit at F1 building, then most likely start/end pt will be there. 

No Ekiden finisher t-shirt this year. :good:

2 hours ago, K!m said:

It may be their operational criteria to qualify for WMM. Boston, Berlin, New York and Chicago marathons practise the same.

Let you soak in the atmosphere during the race pack collection. :P

As long as don't create jam during REPC.

1 hour ago, lonewolf said:

Faster lo.  Just handover sealed bag to the volunteer.  

13 minutes ago, wonderfulblevic said:

Faster lo.  Just handover sealed bag to the volunteer.  

There will still be 'clowns' who will bring their own bags and may end up arguing with the staff there if they are being denied to deposit their bags.

Gold label my arse lah... last year still got duck tour vehicle beside me when I run... this is obviously against the rules

hope get osaka marathon and skip this sh1t 

Edited by stalky79

59 minutes ago, AutumnRunner said:

Looks like some who likes back to back runs have a chance at last at this year SCSM 

Run 10km on Saturday to warm up for the HM/FM on Sunday... Good idea!

11 hours ago, wonderfulblevic said:

From the organizers- All participants of SCSM 2017 will be sent personalised VIP registration links with a 10% discount on race entry only applied. The link will expire at the end of the Super Early Bird registration period.

Dun have leh... 

10 minutes ago, AutumnRunner said:

1. 10% discount on the Super Early Bird rate, just need to input the coupon code to register.

2. SCB cardholders get 15% off discount.

3.  Discounts are non-cumulative. 

4. When you apply both discount codes on before the payment, system shows that "Only one discount per item can be used. The largest discount has been applied to your order."

5. Don't forget about that there will be a "processing fee"

...... so 21KM for local runner with SCB card discount will be SGD 59.67...

1 hour ago, K!m said:

Funny. Sent me an e-mail when I didn't even register this year. 

Screenshot_2018-04-13-09-14-25.png

A few of my friends got the same email without registering anything. One thing in common, they were participants of previous years' events.

I received the email too, without signing up... The event tomorrow is apparently open to everyone (whether one had registered for their Dec event or not).

I am thinking whether to crawl out of bed early tomorrow, for just 4km... :lazy:

2 hours ago, sicklycat said:

I received the email too, without signing up... The event tomorrow is apparently open to everyone (whether one had registered for their Dec event or not).

I am thinking whether to crawl out of bed early tomorrow, for just 4km... :lazy:

Should be a glitch since its supposed to meant for the runners of SCSM 2018...

15 minutes ago, AutumnRunner said:

Should be a glitch since its supposed to meant for the runners of SCSM 2018...

Its not a glitch. They clarified in FB that its for everyone.

10 hours ago, sicklycat said:

Its not a glitch. They clarified in FB that its for everyone.

I see....

9 hours ago, ayukawa22 said:

Wah cut off time trimmed to 7 hrs. VERY GOOD. :thumbsup:

That's provided they follow this strictly...if not stricly..  it doesn't really.matter... everyone still gets their medal...