lonewolf

Standard Chartered Singapore Marathon 2018 - 8th - 9th December 2018

However smart the idea of double stacking of water may seem, it will inevitably lead to another problem - water and isotonic not chill leh! 

Because if they are stacking it, they definitely have to prepare the water/isotonic in advance (probably a good 30m at least before flag off) So by the time you ran by the water station, it would be at least an hour (probably more depending on which pen you flag off).

So even if the water was chilled when it was poured, it would be warm/luke warm when you drink it. It would be worse in the later part of the morning. 

I'm not sure if this was a problem today for the shorter 5K/10K races but let's wait to see whether we get complaints about this issue or not for tomorrow's longer races. 

16 minutes ago, wonderfulblevic said:

Finally they seem to have learnt from how major marathons handle water stations? Let’s hope it will be the same tomo.

Let's hope the other marathons also follow SCSM on this. ??

extracted from Post-race 10km feedback from HWZ evening joggers lip lai forum:

25t8caf.jpg

this uncle do 10km and HM/FM tomorrow....:) steady lah...sounded like bro @ZZIZZ 

"Sooner or later it will become this... ??   >>> about the crappy and stained medal

Completed the 10KM this morning, hopefully today could have a good rest and get up at 3AM tomorrow morning...?"

also quoted >>>>

Past the security check, is the big grassy (kinda) area in front of the baggage deposit. Find your Pen and deposit there. no tentage? got rain how? all wet loh

what b4 flag off...fitness warm up thingy...one-two-three all together...

if no transparent gear bag...got provided (limted)...no sticker..just id

hydration point - grab which one....water - 100plus - water...ini - ini - mana - more...wrong one...what if water all the way...manpower no enough expected to fill up 100plus?

wah...expect...running camels drying to top up along the "West Coast Highway" side...

Edited by kohpapa

4 hours ago, stalky79 said:

Medal quality is crapped. Signs of oxidation stains on it

like the seiko booth with free photo

Got photo ? I think I better check my medal tml...

On 12/6/2018 at 6:44 PM, lonewolf said:

According to the Runner's Information Guide Pg 33 "Volunteers will scan the barcode on your bib to ensure you receive the size ordered at time of registration. Sizes are unable to be changed upon collection."

The size for this year singlet/t shirt is really huge. I dropped 2 sizes from my usual and as I was passing the expo today (ard 1pm), the XS and S for the Male are already out of stock at the singlet exchange booth. So I'm guessing that a lot of slow FM finishers may also end up with over-sized finisher tee if either they did not select the correct size during registration or their desired size ran out due to people exchanging. 

Agree... most prob this will happen.. unless they really keep to the sizes dictated with no exchanges allowed. 

1 hour ago, ZZIZZ said:

Totally agreed, my first time to see the stack the cups with two levels, very efficient and very SMART!! ???

Many overseas marathons stack to 3 levels usually with another group of volunteers preparing the next later behind. 

1 hour ago, stalky79 said:

I was running in Osaka marathon 2 weeks back, they stacked the cup like 4 layers... lol

that's Japan race mah.... haaa.... WMM wannabe better learn the right things

Edited by AutumnRunner

57 minutes ago, AutumnRunner said:

Many overseas marathons stack to 3 levels usually with another group of volunteers preparing the next later behind. 

Hopefully SSBR & AHM 2019 could learn from this. This August in SSBR & AHM, I took water at 3 stations and wasted 9mins...

1 hour ago, kohpapa said:

wah...expect...running camels drying to top up along the "West Coast Highway" side..

All the best to everyone!!! ??

2 hours ago, stalky79 said:

Still damn pissed off with my medal

Answer updated, which hopefully make you feel better: Sooner or later it will become this, and... your medal just RUNS FASTER than others' medal... ????

1 hour ago, stalky79 said:

sian, I use brasso to polish liao... now look slightly better.... lol

try COCA-COLA...your medal just RUNS FASTER than others' medal... ????

Coca-Cola contains phosphoric acid, and the acid does the job...some say maybe your stomach gastric juice works wonder even...

hope none need to use brasso or 24-hour coca-cola on you medal to remove crappy stain tomorrow after race.. ????

Edited by kohpapa

34 minutes ago, kohpapa said:

try COCA-COLA...your medal just RUNS FASTER than others' medal... ????

Coca-Cola contains phosphoric acid, and the acid does the job...some say maybe your stomach gastric juice works wonder even...

hope none need to use brasso or 24-hour coca-cola on you medal to remove crappy stain tomorrow after race.. ????

Later I try.... 

uncle taking for anything latest, good and bad...12 hour weather forecast

250rxn5.jpg

hope someone be trumped enough to tell upstairs to please don't leak too much water tomorrow.... 

jsilq8.jpg
25tcled.jpg

Edited by kohpapa

5 hours ago, ZZIZZ said:

I'm facing the same issue... I can search my name and got my 10KM bib number, and also got my name in HM category but no bib number associated yet. If I search my HM bib number, got nothing...

Just now came back from MBS Expo (the 4th/last time visit since this Wednesday...?), and asked question to the officers at "Solution Booth": their system is still updating now, it's normal that I don't see my HM bib number associated with my name in App, anyway, they are able to see it in their system.

Edited by ZZIZZ

4 hours ago, stalky79 said:

Go the the booth beside the information booth .

they have a list of names, show your email 

Thank you for your clarification. I did ask this question at solution booth in MBS Expo, they stated: when you finish your race tomorrow, you just go and collect your medal, "just go", then they will know you have the extra one... Ok, tomorrow I will just go loh... ?‍♂️

this year, uncle's email has been hacked...ActiveSG, they say is the account that is used as part of registration...and since both my email is linked also to ActiveSG account...so uncle used ID to verify...I am who I am...

"sorry, we don't use ID to scan...abuthen...what is your name you use for the name for the registration.."...kohpapa...ok....your name is in...pickup bib, scan code (peep) registration done...print out a Collect t-shirt sheet...go and collect t-shirt counter to collect all of the rest.....my ID is no use at all for real identity...unlike local races...ID scan ties with personal information.

one email...one QRCode...one bib...one t-shirt collection...goodbye...solution...is what this RPEC is all about...seamless and fast...

just go and collect your medal, "just go", then they will know you have the extra one...

"Ok, tomorrow I will just go loh... ?‍♂️ is really a solution? because when you finish your race tomorrow...you are wearing your 10KM bib...and you shall collect your 21KM finishing medal..and hopefully collect your finishing tee with the exact size you wanted...please tell us your story then...will someone notice you...how come a 10KM bib runner can still run in a 21KM or even 42KM race...and there will be ???? how come ah?

hope you have a good run tomorrow...ZZIZZ... end story tomorrow must share...salute you for running back-to-back in SCSM in 2 days...10KM and 21KM :)

uncle did a 10KM and 21KM, back-to-back on past Sundown Edition, then the start point was at Nicoll Highway....because 10km was 8pm...followed by 21km and 42km at 1230 am...so uncle took it...very tiring...some more towards end of 21km at wee hours after 2am....thunderstorm...was stuck at Nicoll Highway SD tent for hours...there was still the 42km race in progress...it was the year when the SD 42km runners all got rained and washed out for almost 2/3rd of the journey...fortunately all of them safely reached finishing point with sounding applause from the receiving end...some complained no cat 1 alert from SD supposingly with sms..yes, the signboard for the finishing at end point was blown down...flooding, muddy at the end point to collect deposited bags....crowd was really pathetic...all wishing to go home...wet and tired...

Edited by kohpapa

1) Last-minute tips for Marathoners from Soh Rui Yong #RunSohFast:

http://www.prischew.com/sports/running/soh-rui-yong-scsm/

2) And the inspiring story of elite wheelchair marathoner Joshua George from the United States, who will be racing in the SCSM Wheelchair Marathon. He survived a 12-storey fall from his apartment window and was paralysed, but has come a long way since then.

http://www.prischew.com/sports/running/joshua-george-scsm/

For body fuel replenishment, banana and shotz energy gels are available at 11.6km, 23.6km and 32.7km for full marathon. Refers to race guide page 19 for details.

For those run light runners like me, no need to bring energy gels.

The App has been updated with runner's bib number.

Good luck to all of you! Looks like it's going to a humid morning (96%).

morning, humid is the right word...App working thanks @posfe2

@activerun thanks on fuel nutrition needs.. banana and hydration along the journey is fine with uncle, and gel is not for me anymore, since I have believed in organic way which is let your body learn to replenish and adapt to body needs on run...otherwise, sugar spike on runs means uncle got to be dependent on gel at certain mileage...just run light, and strong, yes, uncle does not need to win the race...

18zuoo.jpg

@Madmax we only know when we go for the deposit, but since everyone has the same opinion that what is private, stays private (with personal bag or shoe box)...and next time, perhaps organiser can have a gear bag which is coloured no transparent, so personal items can be  made private in a covered gear bag.

Since uncle stays in East, very fortunate that all major races are within 1 hour parimeter (jog, run and even walk)....Garden By the Bay (East or West), Barrage, ECP, Orchard, Fort Caning, Padang, Sands, Bayfront...so hope all have arranged their own transport to arrive safely...

of course, uncle shall go express lane, because no need to deposit, due to uncle's location is 1 hour away from any races...but keen to what's good and bad experiences at the deposit area, pre and post run..

sharing of post-run experience later...good and bad shall be great experience for all...the route, hydration points, volunteers (thank them instead of treating them as they must serve you)...be gracious to all, keep left if running slightly slower pace ...have a good time later...

c u all at the start and end point..:) and BIN it...all your personal trash..otherwise @lady Ice will sweeten you with constant reminders.. why u so likedat

Edited by kohpapa