lonewolf

Standard Chartered Singapore Marathon 2018 - 8th - 9th December 2018

56 minutes ago, kohpapa said:

started marathon loading...yummy...

c u at RPC ?

wah kokpapa, same as me, always waiting for the carbo loading period to start....haaaa

On 12/1/2018 at 9:51 AM, yh90 said:

Be advised that there's a possibility of running thru rain on race day due to first 2 weeks of Dec where showers will be expected more often.

But less odds of having cat 1 weather 

This is never mentioned in the SCSM18 RunnerInfoGuide and so this is at the runner's risk:

snhwxw.png

so, meaning, no insurance is covered for you and I in this SC Marathon (since it is not written as an assurance), unlike other race organisers like NTUC Income and Great Eastern, it is explicit as a condition as part of the race.

do get free smartphone application called Lightning@SG by the Meteorological Service of Singapore (MSS).

STOP running if Cat 1 Weather is alerted!!!...especially for those from overseas, you have been advised!!!

Edited by kohpapa

2 hours ago, kohpapa said:

thanks for video..extracted some interesting notes:

2vwixyw.jpg

It was stated in the video that we are running UNDER the flyover.

1 hour ago, beast said:

It was stated in the video that we are running UNDER the flyover.

At Keppel Road yes but West Coast Highway never mention we are running under flyover and at 3:45 stated "Ramp down from West Coast Highway"

1. Just now done RECP. Quite a lot of people. I waited in queue for 20 mins, from 16:15 to 16:35.

2. I spoke to the 21KM pacers, they stated that 21KM on the west coast side on the highway...

So seemed like not a good idea to go to the expo now since you are akready in queue at 4plus...

21 minutes ago, ZZIZZ said:

1. Just now done RECP. Quite a lot of people. I waited in queue for 20 mins, from 16:15 to 16:35.

2. I spoke to the 21KM pacers, they stated that 21KM on the west coast side on the highway...

Just picked up my pack (marathon). It took me just under 10 min. The expo is huge this year, so many vendors.

I see more people are coming now, so expect longer waiting time in the evening. 

Edited by posfe2

On 12/2/2018 at 6:55 PM, kohpapa said:

This is never mentioned in the SCSM18 RunnerInfoGuide and so this is at the runner's risk:

snhwxw.png

so, meaning, no insurance is covered for you and I in this SC Marathon (since it is not written as an assurance), unlike other race organisers like NTUC Income and Great Eastern, it is explicit as a condition as part of the race.

do get free smartphone application called Lightning@SG by the Meteorological Service of Singapore (MSS).

STOP running if Cat 1 Weather is alerted!!!...especially for those from overseas, you have been advised!!!

Actually what terrible is influenza, not what will happen that day !

many people had fallen sick this week due to island wide spread of influenza, take care bros

42 minutes ago, AutumnRunner said:

So seemed like not a good idea to go to the expo now since you are akready in queue at 4plus...

Well, I just spent 20 mins there, should be fine. But now, I don't know; maybe a lot of people just ended of shift and going there. The other thing is, please don't go to Expo, go to MBS Expo instead. ?

Edited by ZZIZZ

This year the 300km club got nothing special to get. Last year got special T shirt and medal. Do I miss something ? 

Lucky I see the shirt measurement this year I choose size small and it fit me well. My finisher T I choose XS.  

really a breeze going for - pick up....and really a maze going out...vendors with many exotic overseas running events...Kon'nichiwa...booths from Japan?...buy this...try this...coffee-free....buy this, shoes (overseas participants flock here)...gels abundance..oh no, wants to buy insurance or not...finally Sundown Marathon 2019 signup...first 50 daily signup get....

missing is no more SC Marathon start-point @ Orchard to end the year with a merry happy one..

11vk0nm.jpg

"A fever, by definition, is a rise in the body’s internal temperature in response to bacterial or viral infections. Running also increases your internal temperature, which will make your fever symptoms even worse and could result in dangerous and long-term health consequences."

"Likewise, running compromises the immune system, particularly in the first 20 hours after strenuous exercise. Therefore, your body will be more susceptible to the bacteria and viruses already making you unwell, which increases the likelihood of your symptoms taking a turn for the worse."

uncle would rather run slow or walk moderately (but HM and Marathon is a long journey to walk),  in order not to raise the body's internal temperature is to drink plenty of fluid...abutthen, better skip if the fever is higher..please don't take the risk..there is another run another time...suggest decision to run must be cautionary...not with one's life...think of others who are your family members, loved ones, friends and we here as a run community...

West Coast Highway: Confirm running below or above Flyover?

"At Keppel Road yes but West Coast Highway never mention we are running under flyover and at 3:45 stated "Ramp down from West Coast Highway"...this is the video scenario of after the U-turn really puzzled uncle, because unless you are running on the Flyover, then there is a Ramp down from West Coast Highway....must be the script that made uncle "confuse" with how is that possible Ramp down..how? thanks @Arvin Tunas for the same observation...the U turn seems to suggest runners are still on the above Flyover...Ramp down West Coast Highway to Keppel Road....

Edited by kohpapa

5 hours ago, posfe2 said:

Just picked up my pack (marathon). It took me just under 10 min. The expo is huge this year, so many vendors.

I see more people are coming now, so expect longer waiting time in the evening. 

Number of vendors seem about the same as previous years. The merchandise zone seems bigger though. And a information/photo taking/ more name boards zone. Looks like the organizer is trying to emulate the race expos of Japan major runs but still very small scale in comparison.

2 hours ago, mover said:

This year the 300km club got nothing special to get. Last year got special T shirt and medal. Do I miss something ? 

Lucky I see the shirt measurement this year I choose size small and it fit me well. My finisher T I choose XS.  

Nope. The priority queue is also removed. Only have a name board with your name on it.

Collected around 630, not so much people. Managed to get the race pack and all the merchandise. When I got out from the RECP expo, the line has snaked out from the expo hall until the sidewalk outside MBS. 

I didn't expect the bib to be generic, it is similar to this year Sundown Marathon, number without any name. I hope they linked the name to the bib nos correctly.  

Nice to meet Lady Ice/Tyre Lady at the FM queue. 

Edited by Arvin Tunas

6 hours ago, Arvin Tunas said:

Collected around 630, not so much people. Managed to get the race pack and all the merchandise. When I got out from the RECP expo, the line has snaked out from the expo hall until the sidewalk outside MBS. 

I didn't expect the bib to be generic, it is similar to this year Sundown Marathon, number without any name. I hope they linked the name to the bib nos correctly.  

Thanks so much Arvin for your support

Folk we have a booth which is next to the  exit. Be great if you stop by and pledge to hold onto your rubbish until you see a bin during the run.  Thanks everyone. See more of you today :)

image.png.ef7e707b86c0b655d38f2044bf27711d.pngimage.png.3eb37106ffe2585ac0e41f3f7613f6dc.png

12 minutes ago, Lady Ice said:

Thanks so much Arvin for your support

Folk we have a booth which is next to the  exit. Be great if you stop by and pledge to hold onto your rubbish until you see a bin during the run.  Thanks everyone. See more of you today :)

image.png.ef7e707b86c0b655d38f2044bf27711d.pngimage.png.3eb37106ffe2585ac0e41f3f7613f6dc.png

goodie early morning, sweet LadyICe ...saw your booth...yes, uncle supported....

Edited by kohpapa
  • Like 1

it has been a week of daily trend of morning coolness with brief showers, and wet in the afternoon-evening...

4gtd6w.jpg

with unpredictable clouds coming from the South China Sea due to the Northeasterly monsoon...normal during the december days...keep the coolness, cloudy with the sun slightly out (not to hot), and definitely no thundery rain (Cat 1) will be great...

if a little sunny and hot, don't worry, "mist tunnel" got this to blow you..

34j2nfl.jpg

Edited by kohpapa

7 hours ago, Arvin Tunas said:

Was told to keep the slip of paper with your name and bib number... just Incase I think

9 hours ago, beast said:

Number of vendors seem about the same as previous years. The merchandise zone seems bigger though. And a information/photo taking/ more name boards zone. Looks like the organizer is trying to emulate the race expos of Japan major runs but still very small scale in comparison.

Nope. The priority queue is also removed. Only have a name board with your name on it.

I just received an email to ask me to fill up an eform so that they can send a 300KM medal by mail to me. That funny, why they cannot give me the coin at the Expo like last year.