lonewolf

Standard Chartered Singapore Marathon 2018 - 8th - 9th December 2018

Just now, wonderfulblevic said:

Means I should have no problems walking the whole marathon. 😃

Yes, and finish walking the FM below 6 hours too 💪

6 hours ago, jerrylam said:

If you're aiming for PB, likely no. If you're aiming for completion, more than enough.

I’m definitely not in any shape to PB this year. My only aim is to finish with my two legs and not to get on the sweeper bus or kenna divert. 

2 hours ago, prisangel said:

I’m definitely not in any shape to PB this year. My only aim is to finish with my two legs and not to get on the sweeper bus or kenna divert. 

how come?

Just received a SCSM email to download their apps. TATA consultancy again.. They were the ones responsible for last year live tracking apps that didn't work from beginning to end. No one was tracked.. Can't believe despite last year major screwed up, they were the selected for this year apps.

On 11/15/2018 at 12:12 AM, medic said:

how come?

Too much going on with personal life, not enough training and long runs. 

2 hours ago, prisangel said:

Not gei gei leh. 

How undertrained are you? I don't think you are that undertrained to get sweeped or be diverted?

5 hours ago, beast said:

How undertrained are you? I don't think you are that undertrained to get sweeped or be diverted?

Longest run 21km. 

Received email, click on the link to the pdf runner information guide... open on my iPhone.... scroll to page 20 onwards always kanna this error message...

68A8078A-C94B-4691-A7FE-D32BD15E80A4.jpeg

17 minutes ago, stalky79 said:

Received email, click on the link to the pdf runner information guide... open on my iPhone.... scroll to page 20 onwards always kanna this error message...

68A8078A-C94B-4691-A7FE-D32BD15E80A4.jpeg

Tata consultancy, hahahah. The organiser is very forgiving towards incompetent vendors. 

16 hours ago, Ender said:

Tata consultancy, hahahah. The organiser is very forgiving towards incompetent vendors. 

Maybe related to ironman? 

19 hours ago, Ender said:

Cheapness is unbearable.............. The organizer didn't learn the lesson from last year, nor did vendor... 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Edited by ZZIZZ

Does anybody know whether the West Coast Highway portion of the race will be on the actual highway or below?

My gut feeling is telling me it will be below the highway. If that's the case, GPS is pretty much useless for pacing, gonna have to do manual splitting.

28 minutes ago, posfe2 said:

Does anybody know whether the West Coast Highway portion of the race will be on the actual highway or below?

My gut feeling is telling me it will be below the highway. If that's the case, GPS is pretty much useless for pacing, gonna have to do manual splitting.

My gut says otherwise. By closing the highway, the below traffic will not be affected thus allowing business as usual as traffic can access the retail business like vivo or sentosa. 

57 minutes ago, posfe2 said:

Below is Telok Blangah road and not west coast highway.... so confirm is the top one 

1 hour ago, posfe2 said:

Most likely we will be running at the flyover, remember to reset your mile/km counter once you get out from CBD. GPS reception within CBD is as good as SCSM apps. 

yes, top one

16kxu05.jpg

reminds uncle in 2012, Sundown originally wanted to have the West Coast Highway as its 42 km race route

kbufs1.jpg

then Sundown revised the route, due to heavy use of container trucks plying along the pasir panjang port, and come out with this one:

2qsz40y.jpg

nobody had ever run on this West Coast Highway unless it is closed to traffic..and running along the West Coast Highway is monitored by traffic police, NO RUNNING IS ALLOWED.

Abuthen, as part of preparation then for Sundown 2012, uncle really "ran" along the side of the Highway...

Experience: the starting route to the West Coast Highway from Keppel Road is an upward slope...similar to the Shares Benjamin Bridge slope towards the ECP... after which the feeling is like a roller coaster up...and..then down...sometimes the highway has curved angle...and the rest of the journey to the U Turn is almost mindless 4 km and back 4 km..route...until you exit to Keppel Road...

yes, looking forward to this marathon with all..

17 minutes ago, kohpapa said:

yes, top one

16kxu05.jpg

reminds uncle in 2012, Sundown originally wanted to have the West Coast Highway as its 42 km race route

kbufs1.jpg

then Sundown revised the route, due to heavy use of container trucks plying along the pasir panjang port, and come out with this one:

2qsz40y.jpg

nobody had ever run on this West Coast Highway unless it is closed to traffic..and running along the West Coast Highway is monitored by traffic police, NO RUNNING IS ALLOWED.

Abuthen, as part of preparation then for Sundown 2012, uncle really "ran" along the side of the Highway...

Experience: the starting route to the West Coast Highway from Keppel Road is an upward slope...similar to the Shares Benjamin Bridge slope towards the ECP... after which the feeling is like a roller coaster up...and..then down...sometimes the highway has curved angle...and the rest of the journey to the U Turn is almost mindless 4 km and back 4 km..route...until you exit to Keppel Road...

yes, looking forward to this marathon with all..

Yes, I remember uncle’s story about running on the highway illegally. 😀

bro wonderfulblevic, you were in this thread 

and yes, I remembered the road condition on the WCH, due to heavy vehicle usage, the roads are rough and "potholed" so for those barefoot running, better bear the "foot reflexology" effect...och, shoik..pain pain..

Edited by kohpapa

14 hours ago, Arvin Tunas said:

GPS reception within CBD is as good as SCSM apps. 

🤣🤣🤣

West Coast Highway run... is an elevated run..just like hilly run type, meaning air is "thinner", less oxygen...so expect those who always run flat terrain like ecp, roads..to be more strenuous...for this one...you breathe "harder"....

Scenery along West Coast Highway is...concrete walls along the side...all the way to the U-turn point...just you and the sky..except when you return from the U-turn point from pasir panjang, you can see the kent ridge hill and the mount faber as you head to Keppel road exit...

Unlike ECP...if you breakdown or need a break along West Coast Highway, you are always on a long road ahead...hope there is no heavy thundery rain or hot sun when you run...for there are only exit roads...or wait for coach bus to sweep you if you really want to give up...

Edited by kohpapa

Thanks, guys. Looks like everyone's opinion is on the West Coast Highway. I sent a message to SCSM just to confirm. I will update here once I get a response.

Hopefully everyone took the advantage of this morning's cool temperature. I had a lovely long run, even though 3/4 of it was running in the rain.