lonewolf

Standard Chartered Singapore Marathon 2018 - 8th - 9th December 2018

18 hours ago, yh90 said:

Can also. or e.g. run Start from ecp area A to G , then run back to area A

ECP Area A is at which location?

From their FB posting, I signed up at Our Tampines Hub and got a free and very basic UA backpack.  If you are going to sign up, do head down to Our Tampines Hub.

Why digital race cancelled? I was still hoping to win something... 

too many people cheating?

Their mobile app? Useless wan. Now nothing happening also so laggy. You can imagine about race day. Last year, arguably the most important function in the app - live tracking - failed big time on race day. Server down. Such issues are preventable. Looks like it’s going to repeat itself this year. 

3 hours ago, wonderfulblevic said:

Their mobile app? Useless wan. Now nothing happening also so laggy. You can imagine about race day. Last year, arguably the most important function in the app - live tracking - failed big time on race day. Server down. Such issues are preventable. Looks like it’s going to repeat itself this year. 

Sundown app way much better than theirs 

On 10/4/2018 at 6:36 PM, beast said:

New route looks interesting at first glance. Instead of looping at ECP we now loop at Keppel road area, and back to ECP for a smaller loop. So we are still running loops, but at least it is something fresh.

We will be running 19km with the HM runners so expect the routes to be crammed with both categories of runners. 

Also a bit skeptical about the road closure  - will only one side or both side of roads be closed? 

Overall I would think that last year's route seems more scenic and less potential for issues,  but excited to run this route since it is something that we have never ran before.

Yes. The new route is something to look !

On 10/16/2018 at 1:12 PM, wonderfulblevic said:

expected... because it's developed by TCS........ 

On 10/4/2018 at 6:36 PM, beast said:

New route looks interesting at first glance. Instead of looping at ECP we now loop at Keppel road area, and back to ECP for a smaller loop. So we are still running loops, but at least it is something fresh.

We will be running 19km with the HM runners so expect the routes to be crammed with both categories of runners. 

Also a bit skeptical about the road closure  - will only one side or both side of roads be closed? 

Overall I would think that last year's route seems more scenic and less potential for issues,  but excited to run this route since it is something that we have never ran before.

Likewise, the new route adds some new excitement to the route. And most importantly, much less ECP. 

4 hours ago, medic said:

still trying to find out where is ECP Area A....

Is this what you are looking for? :whistle:

Park+A.GIF

oh...the Heavy Vehicle Park there? I only know Area B is the car park with showers/toilet....then YH90 say liao and MIA... :P

I still expect bottlenecks and massive congestion at flag off .  Perhaps Dark areas and lack of hydration . Typical of scsm unless they give surprises this year 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 how's the WMM bidding coming along? 

On 10/20/2018 at 1:11 PM, medic said:

oh...the Heavy Vehicle Park there? I only know Area B is the car park with showers/toilet....then YH90 say liao and MIA... :P

Heavy vehicle park? Dunno..

On 10/28/2018 at 11:18 AM, yh90 said:

Heavy vehicle park? Dunno..

then where is your suggested Area A near? LOL

4 weekends to race day guys. Hope everyone is training well for it. Either you'll be doing your final LSD this 1 to 2 weeks, or you should start tapering already. 

10 hours ago, jerrylam said:

4 weekends to race day guys. Hope everyone is training well for it. Either you'll be doing your final LSD this 1 to 2 weeks, or you should start tapering already. 

looks like the hype is coming up once again... let's hope Ironman really do a better job this year...

12 hours ago, AutumnRunner said:

looks like the hype is coming up once again... let's hope Ironman really do a better job this year...

Last major local race of the year already. I think last year's edition was alright for me....but they were much complaints about the long waiting time to deposit and collect baggages, drink stations running out of hydration towards the later part of the race, mismanagement of volunteers, and finisher tees running out of sizes. Not new problems, but they've not been addressed properly over the years. Definitely hopeful that IM can improve on these fundamental problems this time...but just don't have too high hopes or one might be severely disappointed. 

On 11/13/2018 at 11:40 AM, jerrylam said:

Me not enough training le. Is 21.1km long enough for an LSD?

Me too. Haven’t been running much for last couple of months due to work and just plain laziness. Hope to squeeze in (and survive) one 30+ km run this weekend. 

22 minutes ago, prisangel said:

Me not enough training le. Is 21.1km long enough for an LSD?

If you're aiming for PB, likely no. If you're aiming for completion, more than enough.

1 minute ago, wonderfulblevic said:

Me too. Haven’t been running much for last couple of months due to work and just plain laziness. Hope to squeeze in (and survive) one 30+ km run this weekend. 

You've just did a 101km LSD 2 weeks ago. More than enough to run 2 and a half FM 😅

9 minutes ago, jerrylam said:

You've just did a 101km LSD 2 weeks ago. More than enough to run 2 and a half FM 😅

Sir, truth to be told, I walked most of the time. 😂

24 minutes ago, wonderfulblevic said:

Sir, truth to be told, I walked most of the time. 😂

means you're more than equipped to run 42km now 😉