Sign in to follow this  
lonewolf

Standard Chartered Singapore Marathon 2018 - 8th - 9th December 2018

So they announced that start line move to F1 pit and end at floating platform? Seems to be smaller place for the finishing line

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Gusluk said:

So they announced that start line move to F1 pit and end at floating platform? Seems to be smaller place for the finishing line

All categories seemed to be starting at F1 pit ezceotmkids dash in USS... but still unsure how the route is like... dun tell me ECP long loop again? Or run into Sentosa...

Edited by AutumnRunner

5 minutes ago, AutumnRunner said:

All categories seemed to be starting at F1 pit ezceotmkids dash in USS... but still unsure how the route is like... dun tell me ECP long loop again? Or run into Sentosa...

running westwards towards Sentosa and coming back to floating platform would be a good idea

1 hour ago, NoobieRunner said:

running westwards towards Sentosa and coming back to floating platform would be a good idea

That's something refreshing... towards West coast park... via labrador park... haaa.... although.theres.nothing much there 

Aww.. I will miss the dazzling lights at the orchard road. But I am excited to see the new route. 

I think stil early days and they still have time to firm up route, measure it and apply permits (if they haven't)

On 14/04/2018 at 5:24 PM, Arvin Tunas said:

Did they announce the starting and finish point for HM/FM?

I think starting at F1 pit and ending at Floating platform... it' same for both HM/FM... if I didn't read it wrongly...

Posted (edited)

Maybe the new route is to avoid the hospitals at Mt E and Raffles as there was complaint by a doctor from Raffles Hospital last year. 

Edited by Ender

Can tell that guy to answer why last year race got duck tour vehicle moving beside Runner’s?

4 hours ago, prisangel said:

My report on the SCSM Breakfast Run and some sneak peek insights into SCSM in 2018 and beyond, in a one on one interview I did with Geoff Meyer of IRONMAN Asia. 

http://www.prischew.com/sports/running/scsm-may-become-an-evening-race-from-2019/

"So we have designed the new course in such a way that the Half and Full Marathoners will run together for the first 21km and then the Half Marathon guys will turn off where the Full Marathon guys will keep going."

Does that mean FM will do two loops?

"Sometime down the road though, Meyer added that it may be possible for the 21km and the 42km race to be completely separated. He said, “To run the 21km and 42km completely separate means that we have to shut down Singapore for more time. This may happen in the future but that will not happen so soon. We are nowhere near that yet.”"

I hope the above average FM runners will not run into the back of the slower HM runners.  Last year, the FM and HM route separation only took place from Floating platform area.  I had hoped the separation would have taken place earlier, at Sheares bridge.  I struggled to zig zag past the HM runners who were walking on Sheares bridge under the hot sun.

4 hours ago, verbatin1969 said:

haha saw your pic at the starting block on Sunday times!! inside got Grace Fu as well

Got Grace Fu, the organiser should include the run to pass by the iconic $880,000 rubbish dump..:D:D

" So we felt it is necessary to cut back on the run time. It is not 100 per cent confirmed but we are hoping to get it down to 7 hours for this year. The WMM standard is 7 hours but we will see where we go with our stakeholders.  "

still need to discuss....wonder who are the stakeholders....but I bet the volunteers don't mind shorter C.O.T

On 4/14/2018 at 9:57 AM, AutumnRunner said:

I would totally love the route to run westwards rather than towards the east side and ECP, but Meyer was mentioning that the route would be about 90 per cent similar. So I won't hope too much for this. 

On 4/11/2018 at 11:34 AM, wonderfulblevic said:

From the organizers- All participants of SCSM 2017 will be sent personalised VIP registration links with a 10% discount on race entry only applied. The link will expire at the end of the Super Early Bird registration period.

On 4/11/2018 at 10:38 PM, AutumnRunner said:

Dun have leh... 

I also never receive any emails with VIP registration links. Anyone managed to get it?

38 minutes ago, beast said:

I also never receive any emails with VIP registration links. Anyone managed to get it?

Received the email last week on 11 Apr. But if you are Standard Chartered card holder, do you use it 'cos the discount is higher at 15% off.

If you are not Standard Chartered holder but someone does, do borrow his/her card to apply 15% discount when registering. Payment can be non-standard Chartered card. System allows. For your info.

4 hours ago, beast said:

Neither have i...that's why i'm not registering yet

I think those of you who has not received the link may have just overlooked it. Or it got junked by yr email software/site.

The email was sent out on 11 Apr 10:03 am and looks something like this.

SCSM18_EDM-Header_RegNowOpen.jpg

Further down, there is this: To thank you for your loyalty, we would like to extend a 10% discount on the Super Early Bird rate* - just for you! Click on your unique link below and input the coupon code "2017RUNNERSEB18" to register.  

And then a link to register.

So go back and check. And if you still dun receive, I guess you can check with Ironman. 

Of cos, if you dun intend to register, then dun bother. :crazysmile:

On 21/02/2018 at 8:03 PM, stalky79 said:

Not me.... I intend to go for Osaka marathon. 

On 21/02/2018 at 8:03 PM, stalky79 said:

Not me.... I intend to go for Osaka marathon. 

That’s a nice one. That should be a major. Watch out for the food stalls at 35km and the bridge at the 37km! Enjoy.