lonewolf

Standard Chartered Singapore Marathon 2018 - 8th - 9th December 2018

I’m going to put a shoe bag inside. I doubt the volunteers will enforce that strictly. For Tokyo Marathon i recall I had no problems putting an entire large bag inside the transparent bag and nobody bothered (except to accept it with a smile!). 

actually if the gear bag is not transparent, then it is no issue...privacy of what is inside is none of anyone business...

2lw6hzd.jpg

but, if for security reason, for visual inspection and precautionary, so gear bag is transparent...then don't know what to say..

Edited by kohpapa

Hi runners, my gentle advise, dun wear the in house tee given by the organizer, sell it on carousell to "get rid" of it, once u wear it once, its consider wore before, the value drops. u end up piling your whole house full of singlets.

Moreover all these new singlets or tees given by organizers are not proven to work on race day. Always wear your own running attire that u are accustomed to on race day ! Thats very important.

Be smart ! Dun wear them, sell them ! 

lelong...grab them all...free with sunglasses and running mesh bag... 

2psft5z.jpg

lelong...grab them all...top-up $12 or $15 get finisher's tee with free towel after RACE...top-up $20 if you also want Finisher's Medal

4hxq87.jpg

let's see, Loyalty Runner ($68.04)...Sell Them All $15 + $15 + $20 = $45.....$23.04 (running effort)....

aow31h.jpg

likedat...mmm...can consider loh...$20 only..HM or FM

yoh, uncle selling and buying of bib in this forum is not encouraged...

abutthen..."u end up piling your whole house full of singlets"...and "goodies that you don't need"...

honestly...uncle did this Carousell thingy in both SCMS and Sundown...Run for Bib for $FREE...and return all your finishing medals and Towels after run...but only eat your banana (bring back cartoons), gel (pack hydration bag 3 litre army issued to top up), mineral water, 100plus (drink carbonated one until bloated).....just nutrition and hydration needs (hopefully worth $20+GST+Active+Admin Fees) for the endurance run mah...:)

just to share one moment of truth...uncle got to change colour of free bib to other colour, because uncle got "aunty's bib" and uncle got to "colour" bib to become "uncle's bib"...very embarrassingly...so uncle wish all future marathon races...unisex bib lah...:)

Edited by kohpapa

they say west coast highway of almost 8 km stretch got plenty of portable loos...

security checks....got use metals and sniffing dogs or not...uncle needs to take natural "steroid" pills to get runner's high...

Edited by kohpapa

1 minute ago, kohpapa said:

they say west coast highway of almost 8 km stretch got plenty of portable loos...

security checks....got use metals and sniffing dogs or not...uncle needs to take natural "steroid" pills to get runner's high...

Nope... just visual checks

oops, forgot that there is a race in progress... and best wishes...

2j60fgx.jpg

1zxm9eb.jpg

so, a road closure on Dec 8...

Edited by kohpapa

5 and 10km starting soon... 

tomorrow half and full marathon 

chose wrong place to stand, blinded by the disco lights... lol

Edited by stalky79

combo 5 and 10km...you in the race?...

this one in the past SCSM edition is also on same day, but start around 7am...usually youths (*xdd and **xmm) who want to test their endurance prowess...because in schools...1500m and 3000m...5000m and beyond are normally for youths and young adults...***xiao zhe and guys at that level call bros..and beyond call uncles...what else?

*xdd  xiao di di - small brothers actually mean boys

**xmm xiao mei mei - small sisters actually mean gals...

but aunties don't like to be called mei mei because insult them..they prefer to be called ***xiao zhe - young (not small) lady... 

expect them to take "selfies"....wha...take together,,,stop..pose 5km (wha..milestone in my schools life...)..going for 10km PB...of course, 1st time, everyhing is PB...:)

Edited by kohpapa

Medal quality is crapped. Signs of oxidation stains on it

like the seiko booth with free photo

Edited by stalky79

The largest marathon in town, the Standard Chartered Marathon Singapore, had an attendance of 50,000 in past editions...

imnngh.jpg

Goodbye to RPEC SCSM 2018...

BIN IT - KEEP IT CLEAN FOR ALL

Edited by kohpapa

2 hours ago, stalky79 said:

5 and 10km starting soon... 

tomorrow half and full marathon 

chose wrong place to stand, blinded by the disco lights... lol

The Disco Lights is really stupid. Other than that, I think the race is very well organised.

I managed to run the whole 10km although some parts are a bit crowded. 

23 minutes ago, Konnichiwa said:

The Disco Lights is really stupid. Other than that, I think the race is very well organised.

I managed to run the whole 10km although some parts are a bit crowded. 

Your medal got like oxidation stains on it?

https://imgur.com/a/Nma2cub

Edited by stalky79

thank u with heartily congratulations to all 5kmers and 10kmers...good job, well done...medal crappy and stained...hopefully it does not oxidize to yellow "gold"....likedat how to sell to Carousell for $20?

ic6c6v.jpg

now for HMers and FMers, PACERS are your guide...Running Department says..

nw0v1u.jpg

aim for your PB...follow your Pacer Balloon...

2rwnk91.jpg

get chilled with FREE pint of beer...bottoms up!

Edited by kohpapa

The water points looks quite solid; though the bin is still right next to the table. From spectator POV it Looks quite organized, access point into the event could be more prominent. Congrats to all 10K and 5K runners and all the best for those running tomorrow. A3D8188C-E841-4403-8D51-83C4F66A8374.thumb.jpeg.c17d83a4c26af3595dd611b95b073df1.jpeg855C6D8E-33A8-4D12-850B-D599F609B983.thumb.jpeg.3cb7656b38c0b06c4f5919d610da20ed.jpeg

1 hour ago, kohpapa said:

medal crappy and stained

Sooner or later it will become this... 😅😅

Completed the 10KM this morning, hopefully today could have a good rest and get up at 3AM tomorrow morning...😝

Forgot to add, the app WORKS!!!!

10km my bib number shown together with my name. Not sure why for HM, my bib number not shown.... praying hard it’s linked 

2 minutes ago, Arvin Tunas said:

The water points looks quite solid; though the bin is still right next to the table. From spectator POV it Looks quite organized, access point into the event could be more prominent.

Totally agreed, my first time to see the stack the cups with two levels, very efficient and very SMART!! 👍👍👍

6 minutes ago, stalky79 said:

10km my bib number shown together with my name. Not sure why for HM, my bib number not shown.... praying hard it’s linked 

I'm facing the same issue... I can search my name and got my 10KM bib number, and also got my name in HM category but no bib number associated yet. If I search my HM bib number, got nothing... —— should I go to the "Solution" booth in MBS Expo, and let them double check it??

Edited by ZZIZZ

7 minutes ago, stalky79 said:

One more question to the people participate two races on Saturday and Sunday, tomorrow morning how should we get the third medal, the "Double Up" one? Our bib number doesn't look different from others......

4 minutes ago, ZZIZZ said:

One more question to the people participate two races on Saturday and Sunday, tomorrow morning how should we get the third medal, the "Double Up" one? Our bib number doesn't look different from others......

Go the the booth beside the information booth .

they have a list of names, show your email 

i only scare forget to collect the 3rd medal!

tomorrow limpeh will QC both medals!!!!!

Edited by stalky79

15 minutes ago, ZZIZZ said:

Totally agreed, my first time to see the stack the cups with two levels, very efficient and very SMART!! 👍👍👍

I was running in Osaka marathon 2 weeks back, they stacked the cup like 4 layers... lol

Finally they seem to have learnt from how major marathons handle water stations? Let’s hope it will be the same tomo. 

Btw, were there any problems distinguishing the plain water from isotonic tables?

Most likely because they haven’t finalised the runner list for HM and FM, people can still collect FM/HM racepack until this afternoon. 

Yes, the tracking feature works.