lonewolf

Standard Chartered Singapore Marathon 2018 - 8th - 9th December 2018

9 hours ago, Arvin Tunas said:

Collected around 630, not so much people. Managed to get the race pack and all the merchandise. When I got out from the RECP expo, the line has snaked out from the expo hall until the sidewalk outside MBS. 

I didn't expect the bib to be generic, it is similar to this year Sundown Marathon, number without any name. I hope they linked the name to the bib nos correctly.  

Nice to meet Lady Ice/Tyre Lady at the FM queue. 

This is one of the way to save some paper when the registered participant do not turn out to take.

3 hours ago, mover said:

This is one of the way to save some paper when the registered participant do not turn out to take.

But they also printed the same number of generic bibs to accommodate all the registered participants.

So how is that saving paper? :(

5 hours ago, stalky79 said:

Was told to keep the slip of paper with your name and bib number... just Incase I think

They should have a machine to counter check the name on your bib, and to verify that the bib is working properly. They have it in the past, but haven't seen it in a long time liao.

3 hours ago, mover said:

I just received an email to ask me to fill up an eform so that they can send a 300KM medal by mail to me. That funny, why they cannot give me the coin at the Expo like last year.  

Maybe the number of people eligible is too small, so to save briefing the volunteers and lessen one agenda in their work scope, organizer just thought of doing it outside the race expo.

Edited by beast

Extracted from SG Marathon 2018 FB:

28txowl.jpg

3025dnl.jpg

this happens to running tee, customise one always...Asia (Fit) cut or non-Asian (1 size up) fit, again something to do with where the sponsor get from their source...

1 hour ago, beast said:

But they also printed the same number of generic bibs to accommodate all the registered participants.

So how is that saving paper? :(

They can printed a few hundred lesser than the total participants. Do a estimation of number of unclaimed BIB. In case not enough, they can print it on the last day of the collection. Isn't this is what Sundown did 2 years ago when they print it on the spot. But I think the most important part is they save a lot of administrative work by not matching number to a runners before the collection. They do it on the spot save the trouble of searching for the correct BIB. Some of them cannot find their BIB if I can remember. 

Edited by mover

The running tee size is half size larger at least for me, I ended up sizing down one size smaller. There is an exchange booth after the merchandise section if you need to switch.

2 hours ago, Arvin Tunas said:

The running tee size is half size larger at least for me, I ended up sizing down one size smaller. There is an exchange booth after the merchandise section if you need to switch.

Yes, I notice it when I read the size table chart that is provide when I registered. Usually people won't take note of it. I end up choosing XS for my Finishing T when normally I choose M.

in the past Editions, the Adidas tee is really fit Asian size because Made in Indonesia...and uncle doesn't like it because it never "absorb" sweat..instead traps it..

kinda like under armour, material has the capability to "dry" fast...thinner and lighter makes the size "if order 1/2 size" down will be great, but again...to fit a typical Asian body...runners are short of massive bulk on the top...we are always lanky and muscular down under...

will try out it today for a fun evening run with a half-size up tee I received yesterday...uncle's habit is to wash (so might as well wear and test)...b4 sunday dec 9...

enjoy ur evening...and for those race pack collection @sands...remember check your sunglasses (no crack) and exchange your tee you think you need to...and visit dear IceLady's booth and show support b4 the exit...ya, I got distracted by Sundown Marathon booth...but, no commitment there...😉

Edited by kohpapa

Talking about finisher shirt, I remember it was mentioned this time you will get the size you indicated in the registration. Since the bib is generic, how are they going to do it? Input one by one at the collection desk? Or  will they just “re-register” at the collection desk. 

52 minutes ago, Arvin Tunas said:

Talking about finisher shirt, I remember it was mentioned this time you will get the size you indicated in the registration. Since the bib is generic, how are they going to do it? Input one by one at the collection desk? Or  will they just “re-register” at the collection desk. 

Good question! So how did the runner/organizer make it for Sundown in this May? I have no idea as I did never run FM...

For under armour running and finisher tees, i've learned to order 1 size smaller than my other shirts. 

2 hours ago, Arvin Tunas said:

According to the Runner's Information Guide Pg 33 "Volunteers will scan the barcode on your bib to ensure you receive the size ordered at time of registration. Sizes are unable to be changed upon collection."

The size for this year singlet/t shirt is really huge. I dropped 2 sizes from my usual and as I was passing the expo today (ard 1pm), the XS and S for the Male are already out of stock at the singlet exchange booth. So I'm guessing that a lot of slow FM finishers may also end up with over-sized finisher tee if either they did not select the correct size during registration or their desired size ran out due to people exchanging. 

agreed this year is running singlet (more cut for armpit and part of shoulder) so "huge" unless you have broader shoulder...........last year was running tee (body hugging)...so "fit" to wear...

30l00h1.jpg

finishing tee shall be more of running tee (body hugging)...so "fit" to wear...

f3ymbp.jpg

yes,  ran with under armour running singlet...hugs to body to fit body...when wet (shower just now) and sweat...again if you are sensitive to the shoulder being exposed...then agreed 1-2 down size for this year...

sad to know exchange for downsize is out of stock...

Edited by kohpapa

It’s true. Men’s size XS and S our of stock  

There is a small single digit numerical number indicated on the bib  Does anyone know what it stands for? I’m not referring to the alphabet which is the pen  

Edited by wonderfulblevic

I have 2-digit 37 left top beside Marathon SC...

strange this year there is neither sex nor age group category like master...

maybe 37 is aunty (F) and 37 years old, please to meet u :)

Edited by kohpapa

This number also found on the sticker for Gear Bag, could it be the truck / lane for Gear Bag ?

I have a problem with the neck line, feel like wearing the other event-T to tell them how an event-T should be like. Same size as last year but the neck line 🙄

neckline.jpg

wah, uncle agrees...guys they make the cut wide, for broader chest...while gals the neck line pull up gear to show off more of feminine assets...with lesser cut to the armpit...

uncle prefers guys fitting more for Asia size not so much for broad shoulder because runners are typically belong to the lanky and not bulky top..of course, the zipper in front is more for triathlon use..for heat gear...zip down if need heat to be released, and sweat to be "ventilated" by the moving air...of course, some guys will want to "bear them all"....just zip down modestly, no need to completely "bare body"...

s4qlxz.jpg

yes, uncle after run with sweat and wet, with blessed moderate rain tested the running singlet...the wet part wraps (snugs) nicely around uncle chest to tummy area...too bad, uncle got modest porky belly...no six-pack..

and by the way..the number at bib and on gear box, thanks to @pebbles...

2gtawl3.jpg

Edited by kohpapa

Extracted from HWZone Sg Evening-Joggers-Lip-Lai-Part-2 (one of great alternative sg running forum uncle liked):

1625xlg.jpg

enjooy REPC Expo Marina Bands Expo & Convnetion Centre Hall B & C

Edited by kohpapa

Thinking, shall not bother to go down and exchange for smaller size. May just sew up the bottom and turn it into a recycle bag, become Singapore Marathon merchandise.😉

you are probably too late...out of stock...😗 

now is to get to finishing line early on dec 9 (sunday) and get that downsize one for finishing tee...before...out of stock..😗

yes, recycle your event running tee, cut "holes" like uncle's sharing last year @sc marathon 2017 thread.."holey running tee"..uncle's proposed outfit for guy is the one on the right..oops or the one on the left..or the one in the middle...who cares...unisex..yes, must be green or blue.. whatever..like this year sc marathon 2018...no colour bib tag for female or male...age group category...even pen colour codes...all same colour even for both HM and M..entry....kudo..

nwm04z.jpg

Edited by kohpapa

Collection was a breeze in less than 10 minutes when i went down around yesterday evening.

Do check the FOC sunglass that is not faulty as mentioned by someone here. Managed to exchange mine. Thanks for the lead. 

nvbm92.jpg

let uncle shares with you an overview of the route on dec 9...enJooy

Edited by kohpapa

Cannot put a bag inside the transparent bag?  How am I going to put my flip-flops in?  And I hate carrying my hp as it is extra weight.  I am taking Grab to the starting line.

I never encounter such situations in overseas marathons.

Edited by Madmax

4 minutes ago, Madmax said:

Cannot put a bag inside the transparent bag?  How am I going to put my flip-flops in?  And I hate carrying my hp as it is extra weight.  I am taking Grab to the starting line.

I never encounter such situations in overseas marathons.

Yeah. I thought that was dumb too but I suppose I can understand where they are coming from a security point of view. This was probably a compromise between speed and security but I still think that they can consider doing what AHM did for their security bag screening. The numbers of runners for that race is no less significant and I thought they did a good job in providing reasonably fast screening without requiring you to use the transparent bag and what not.

For me, I'm just going to use another plastic bag for my flip flop. And if even that is not allowed, then no choice, I would remove it at the time of checking in my bag. Usually, I would use another shoe bag but no choice for this race. 

A real hassle. :thumbsdown:

1 minute ago, lonewolf said:

Yeah. I thought that was dumb too but I suppose I can understand where they are coming from a security point of view. This was probably a compromise between speed and security but I still think that they can consider doing what AHM did for their security bag screening. The numbers of runners for that race is no less significant and I thought they did a good job in providing reasonably fast screening without requiring you to use the transparent bag and what not.

For me, I'm just going to use another plastic bag for my flip flop. And if even that is not allowed, then no choice, I would remove it at the time of checking in my bag. Usually, I would use another shoe bag but no choice for this race. 

A real hassle. :thumbsdown:

I guess everyone is bringing an extra set of dry clothes, including underwear.  Now I get to tell people what underwear I am wearing.  What a freaking joke.  Whether they like it or not, there will be other plastic bags in it to keep the wet clothes (eg. NTUC) and it will not be transparent.

Sigh...I am wondering if this race is planned by non-runners.