Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
lonewolf

Standard Chartered Singapore Marathon 2018 - 8th - 9th December 2018

Recommended Posts

b2d29fc3-c31d-4e26-9cdd-bd77474593af.jpg

Website: https://singaporemarathon.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SGmarathon/
Registration:  LINK HERE

Race Fees

2018-12-09_SCSM_Fee.jpg

Race Entitlement

2018-12-09_SCSM_Ent.jpg

Double Up Challenge

SCMS17_Web-RegFees-DoubleUp-1.jpg

 

Race Entry Pack Collection
Date    6th to 8th December 2018
Time    10:00 am to 10:00 pm (Thursday – Friday) 09:00 am to 7:00 pm (Saturday)
Venue    Marina Bay Sands Expo and Convention Centre
(1 Bayfront Avenue, Singapore 018971)

[COMMENT] The annual 'I-have-a-lot-of-complaints-about-this-race-but-in-the-end-I-still-sign-up' race is scheduled for 8 and 9 Dec. Mark your calender! Who's in? :crazysmile:

Edited by lonewolf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Despite being stuck at the baggage drop debacle last year, I will be in for full marathon. 

Edited by Arvin Tunas

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

all the year running the same old Singapore marathon until sian....I think better to run Macao Marathon, alway same date as SCMS.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Top Chan said:

all the year running the same old Singapore marathon until sian....I think better to run Macao Marathon, alway same date as SCMS.

At least they tried to change up the route in the past few years. 

And if running ECP is still not your thing (which is the feedback you gave previously too), then yes go sign up for something else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Saturday 8 Dec is the kids run and 9 dec Sunday is the main run. so no night race this year?

if have night race the main one should be on a Saturday right? am hoping for a evening race

Edited by verbatin1969

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, AutumnRunner said:

I doubt they will change the timing so abruptly. Might be a few years of marketing before the change...

Marketing or planning? If marketing then I don't understand why it will take a few years. Planning takes time but also no need that long bah.

I doubt it will turn into a night race anytime soon. Logistics are more challenging to manage and so far Ironman have not proven itself to be able to handle them well yet.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎25‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 12:49 AM, beast said:

Marketing or planning? If marketing then I don't understand why it will take a few years. Planning takes time but also no need that long bah.

I doubt it will turn into a night race anytime soon. Logistics are more challenging to manage and so far Ironman have not proven itself to be able to handle them well yet.  

need to market to local and overseas runners for them to get accustomed to.. planning of course needed as well... I still think it might take some years to get it right...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, AutumnRunner said:

need to market to local and overseas runners for them to get accustomed to.. planning of course needed as well... I still think it might take some years to get it right...

I disagree that you need that much time to market such a change. I understand you would think that runners would need time to adjust to changes, but that is probably more so for loyal runners who are used to running in certain timings in the past. As a runner,  it doesn't bother me that much to run in the day or night. As an organizer I don't think that would affect my marketing plans too and besides I can reach out to new runners whom I can get to register that like running in the evening.

No amount of time planning would ensure that things will go right on the actual race day. It's mostly about learning through the years. And even that does not guarantee that the leanings will be taken seriously and will equate to a better and better running experience (Refer to our local marathons).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, beast said:

I disagree that you need that much time to market such a change. I understand you would think that runners would need time to adjust to changes, but that is probably more so for loyal runners who are used to running in certain timings in the past. As a runner,  it doesn't bother me that much to run in the day or night. As an organizer I don't think that would affect my marketing plans too and besides I can reach out to new runners whom I can get to register that like running in the evening.

No amount of time planning would ensure that things will go right on the actual race day. It's mostly about learning through the years. And even that does not guarantee that the leanings will be taken seriously and will equate to a better and better running experience (Refer to our local marathons).

true also ah.... let's see if the change will really happen...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, beast said:

I disagree that you need that much time to market such a change. I understand you would think that runners would need time to adjust to changes, but that is probably more so for loyal runners who are used to running in certain timings in the past. As a runner,  it doesn't bother me that much to run in the day or night. As an organizer I don't think that would affect my marketing plans too and besides I can reach out to new runners whom I can get to register that like running in the evening.

No amount of time planning would ensure that things will go right on the actual race day. It's mostly about learning through the years. And even that does not guarantee that the leanings will be taken seriously and will equate to a better and better running experience (Refer to our local marathons).

Good points by Beast!

As a previous SG run event participant, I am annoyed how race organizers here don't get their basics right when comes to event execution (logistics such as race pack collection, bag deposit, actual race experience, post-race finisher entitlement collection etc).

They have their chances to improve the run event execution from runners' feedback, media coverage which they don't do a good job here! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/2/2018 at 9:45 AM, trailblazer said:

Good points by Beast!

As a previous SG run event participant, I am annoyed how race organizers here don't get their basics right when comes to event execution (logistics such as race pack collection, bag deposit, actual race experience, post-race finisher entitlement collection etc).

They have their chances to improve the run event execution from runners' feedback, media coverage which they don't do a good job here! 

organiser had promised it last year that improvement will be done this year.. so let's see....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, AutumnRunner said:

organiser had promised it last year that improvement will be done this year.. so let's see....

Didn't organisers say that every year? Hah....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Image may contain: 4 people, people smiling, text

 

Register for #SCSM2018 on 11 April 2018! Standard Chartered Singapore Cardholders enjoy 15% off registration fees so stay tuned as we reveal more details to #SCSM2018 real soon 1f609.png😉

Don’t have a card? Apply for two credit cards now and get up to $120 cashback upon activation. Plus, receive an additional $20 cashback when you make 5 qualifying mobile wallet transactions using your newly approved credit card. T&Cs apply –sc.com/sg/credit-cards/cardssignup-tnc
 — with Tall Shufen, Rob Lim and Arthur Chai.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/8/2018 at 4:09 PM, K!m said:

Didn't organisers say that every year? Hah....

true.... but somehow somewhere, there will be a different problem....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 23/03/2018 at 4:30 PM, AutumnRunner said:

true.... but somehow somewhere, there will be a different problem....

Don't count too much hope on the organisers and agree with you "different problem" may surface.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With sunglass as a participant's entitlement, I think we can confirm that it'll not be a night race this year. :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I stopped registering in 2017. 2018 also don't plan to register........

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I registered for FM. Take note of the size of the Singlet and Finisher T. It is still quite big so I choose S and XS .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×