Sign in to follow this  
wonderfulblevic

Force of Nature Ultra 2018

Looks like registration is open again for 23km and 12km..

Very keen to join but unfortunately not free that day... haiz 😞

Posted (edited)

Anybody still would like to join this race on 23km category? please ping me...

Edited by ZZIZZ

Posted (edited)

No water at the finish pt. Hahaha. Lucky I have leftover water from the previous water point. But they did replenish within 15 mins after i asked for some. 

Can't remember which year, Northface also screwed up with no water at mid and finish point. 

Edited by Ender

Posted (edited)

Completed my very first trail race this morning, fantastic experience. My only concern is the route markers are not too clear in some place. especially at some forks, people easy to lose the way or go to a wrong way or wrong category. I participated 23km category alone, but when I ran at 9KM or so, a runner was passing beside me and he told me that he is in 12KM category, but he was wondering where the rest 3KM for him... (actually later I just know that there are 14KM for him at that moment.)  I was also questioning myself then, "am I running into a wrong way?"... Until at 18KM, I talked to the other runners "hi, 5km to go?", I was told that "yea, 5km!", then "God bless!" I knew I wasn't wrong...🤣🤣🤣

Edited by ZZIZZ

I was deciding whether to join 12 KM or 23 KM for my virgin trail race, Decided to join 12 KM instead just for experience. Will share what i think is negative about this race.

1) 1 water point only. I felt the origanizer could have added 1 more water point. 

2) No distance marker.

3) Medical point. If runner requires help, this would be a problem.

4) Finisher medal all the same regardless 12/ 23 or 64 KM. Organizer could have made minimum effort to do distance printing on ribbon.

Not sure of other distances are facing the same issue.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, ZZIZZ said:

Completed my very first trail race this morning, fantastic experience. My only concern is the route markers are not too clear in some place. especially at some forks, people easy to lose the way or go to a wrong way or wrong category. I participated 23km category alone, but when I ran at 9KM or so, a runner was passing beside me and he told me that he is in 12KM category, but he was wondering where the rest 3KM for him... (actually later I just know that there are 14KM for him at that moment.)  I was also questioning myself then, "am I running into a wrong way?"... Until at 18KM, I talked to the other runners "hi, 5km to go?", I was told that "yea, 5km!", then "God bless!" I knew I wasn't wrong...🤣🤣🤣

I was following a group and we ended up running in the bicycle trail. The cyclists were fuming, one of them was shouting at us to get off the bike trail. ATM we weren't sure if we were on track, just ignored the shouting and carry on running. But eventually one biker led us back to the hiking trail. I think we did an extra 500m or so wandering off track.

That 12km runner you met, got a good deal. Paid for 12km, but ran the 23km. And the medals are all the same.

Edited by Ender

Most of my comments about the race have been more or less covered by the others.

Pros
- Hydration points have snacks and bananas provided, would be good if they expand the variety 

Cons
- Water not cool, no isotonic drinks even at the finish line. Sad to hear that there are runners who did not get to get their hydration at all. Seriously, how difficult it is to provide ample water and isotonic for runners who pay good money for your run?
- Some of the route markers are not so visible. Saw quite a number of lost runners. One of the 64km runners even ran back to Macritchie not realising there are loops.
- Should have at least a few distance markers so that runners can better manage their pacing. Also because of no distance markers and those who never study the race route like me, some runners got a shock 50m to the finish line that we were supposed to detour and ran another 4km around Lornie Road and back into Macritchie again. Lesson learnt for me is to study the race route more carefully the next time. 
- Should have at least 1 more hydration point as there was none from 12 to 23km.

Overall a 2.5/5 for me. Most likely won't join again next year.

3 hours ago, ZZIZZ said:

Did you chat with a 30+ years old guy sitted next to you after the run? If so, that was me haha.

12 hours ago, beast said:

Did you chat with a 30+ years old guy sitted next to you after the run? If so, that was me haha.

emmm... how come you know that the one chatted with you is me? 😅🤣

Posted (edited)

Another con I like to mentioned is the flag off. The organiser was shouting thru the loud hailer. No one can hear what she is saying. When I saw the 64 km  and 12km flagged off , quite of number of 23km runners were starting off together.

Edited by Ender

On 7/8/2018 at 9:22 AM, ZZIZZ said:

emmm... how come you know that the one chatted with you is me? 😅🤣

Coz you said to me almost exactly the same thing? 🤣

4 hours ago, beast said:

Coz you said to me almost exactly the same thing?

unluckily, I didn't say that to anyone after I completed the race... 🤣🤣😅😆

13 hours ago, ZZIZZ said:

unluckily, I didn't say that to anyone after I completed the race... 🤣🤣😅😆

Hmmm it is too much of a coincidence then. I don't think I have the power to telepath anyone's mind though. 

Anyway anyone knows where to check the finisher timing or any FB page to look for photos? Thanks!

Just now, beast said:

Anyway anyone knows where to check the finisher timing or any FB page to look for photos? Thanks!

Finisher timing to check: fonus.livetrail.run/

They released only the podium winners photos so far. But they made a statement that the photos will be available soon.

11 hours ago, beast said:

Hmmm it is too much of a coincidence then. I don't think I have the power to telepath anyone's mind though. 

Running shots have photos