Sign in to follow this  
wonderfulblevic

Force of Nature Ultra 2018

https://www.spacebib.com/events/view/force-of-nature-ultra-2018-341?utm_source=runsociety&utm_medium=rs_calendar_single&utm_campaign=calendar_referral#about_this_race

07 Jul, 2018, Sat, 5:45 am SGT 
MOE Dairy Farm Outdoor Adventure Learning Centre
ABOUT THIS RACE
Force Of Nature Ultra is a new trail race with 3 tantalizing and challenging routes for you to choose from. The race starts off at Dairy Farm Nature Park and will finish over at MacRitchie Reservoir. 95% of the routes are on trails with 5% made up of tarmac and asphalt in between, the route will take runners through single track trails, technical trails, cross country trails and park connectors. Main sponsor: The North Face.

12km:
Starting off from Dairy Farm Nature Park, the 12km route is designed for the fast and furious types who like to burn up traditional 10km races. The route consists of 95% trails and 5% roads.it has its share of rolling terrain as the route takes you from Dairy Farm over to MacRitchie Reservoir for the finish.
Level of difficulty on a scale of 5:1.

23km:
Starting off from Dairy Farm Nature Park, the 23km route is designed for the half marathon type of runners who are seeking a higher level of challenges for a change. The route consists of over 90% trails and 10% on tarmac/PCN. It's definitely a challenging route of single track trails, technical trails and cross country trails. This route will also finish over at MacRitchie Reservoir.
Level of difficulty on a scale of 5:3.

63km:
Starting off from Dairy Farm Nature Park, the 63km is the ultimate trail course in Singapore trail racing. It's a very challenging and pain inducing route designed for the hardcore trail fanatics and ultra trail runners. The route consists of 90% trails,5% tarmac and 5% asphalt with 2 loops of 25km at the Central Catchment Nature Reserve and a final 13km run to MacRitchie Reservoir to conclude the race. It will test your endurance and strength to the limits in a cut off time of 12.5 hours.
Level of difficulty on a scale of 5:5.

Websitehttp://www.forceofnatureultra.com/
Facebookhttps://www.facebook.com/Force-Of-Nature-Ultra-1555642354471325/?ref=bookmarks
Registration: https://racesreg.asia/forceofnatureultra/select_competition

Reporting Time: 
[64 KM] 0630 AM (Cut off 12.5 Hours)
[23 KM] 0700 AM (Cut off 6 Hours)
[12 KM] 0730 AM (Cut off 4 Hours)

5a7bb9bc31818_2018-07-07ForceofNatureFee.jpg.cd72484dab514a1d9dab2a5f8c8b6103.jpg

Race Entitlements

• Event Tee
  • Finisher's Medal
  • Exclusive Discounts at The North Face Marina Square
  • 50% off Selected Footwear at TNF Marina Sqaure upon presenting confirmation slip
  • 30% off All Regular-Priced Performance Merchandise at TNF Marina Square upon presenting confirmation slip
  • Natural Spring Water from New Zealand available at waterpoints
  • Premium Food and Beverages at Checkpoints and Finishing Point
  • 1 Free copy of Run Singapore's Digital edition
  • Complimentary copies of RUN Singapore for the first 200 race pack collectors in Singapore (Redemption to be made at 201A Thomson Road, Singapore 307637)
  • Free Sports Physio massage for all participants on race day by International Sports Academy
  • Free Sports Taping service provided for all participants on race day by Kratos Tape
  • Complimentary GU Energy Gel for all participants

Race Route
http://www.forceofnatureultra.com/#routes
5a8776beeda2d_2018-07-07ForceofNatuer64K.jpg.5abb644ca7107d938575c5689800b360.jpg

km23.png

km12.png

Race Pack Collection Details:

Date    30th June & 1st July 2018
Time    11am to 7pm
Venue    The North Face Marina Marina Square, 6 Raffles Boulevard #02-171/175 Singapore 039594

[COMMENT] Fees look reasonable but a lot of critical information still missing like flag-off time, whether there's bag deposit, hydration requirement, and more importantly the race orgaiser.

If North Face is the main sponsor, then maybe Pink Apple is the organiser but the lack of a proper Facebook page and Website makes me think it may be the same organiser as Salomon X-Trail Run and Mizuno Wave Run. Both races also dun have proper FB and website and just used spacebib to host the race details.

Edited by lonewolf

Wow another trail run? 

With MSIG and The Green Forest potentially making a comeback in July and Sept respectively, plus the 3rd leg of King of the Trails, the June-Sept seems to shape up to be an exciting period for those who like to race the trails.

1 hour ago, lonewolf said:

COMMENT] Fees look reasonable but a lot of critical information still missing like flag-off time, whether there's bag deposit, hydration requirement, and more importantly the race orgaiser.

If North Face is the main sponsor, then maybe Pink Apple is the organiser but the lack of a proper Facebook page and Website makes me think it may be the same organiser as Salomon X-Trail Run and Mizuno Wave Run. Both races also dun have proper FB and website and just used spacebib to host the race details.

This is good observation. 

Flag off time is 6.45am as indicated by wonderfulblevic. I am assuming this is for 63km. So the flag off for 23km and 12km should be between 7 to 7.30am.

But both Salomon X-Trail Run and Mizuno Wave Run are shorter 10km runs. A good chance that this is from a different organizer. I highly doubt this is from Pink Apple if they are already focused on organizing King of the Trails.

Edited by beast

Just ystd I was wondering if I should invest in a pair of trail shoes and started Googling and researching online. Undecided.

But a bit bored of non-trail run events in Singapore. Almost same routes (which I know can't be helped as Singapore just an island).

If NOrthface is the main sponsor, likely Northface 100 is dead liao. Didn't do any trail race last year becoz Northface 100 didn't happen. .  So very keen on the 23km for this race.

13 hours ago, kcslchin said:

Just ystd I was wondering if I should invest in a pair of trail shoes and started Googling and researching online. Undecided.

But a bit bored of non-trail run events in Singapore. Almost same routes (which I know can't be helped as Singapore just an island).

Yup you should. But I think after 1-2 years of participating in the non-trail runs you will also comment about the same thing again haha.

11 hours ago, Ender said:

If NOrthface is the main sponsor, likely Northface 100 is dead liao. Didn't do any trail race last year becoz Northface 100 didn't happen. .  So very keen on the 23km for this race.

I think it is good that they kill North Face 100 because they were charging incredibly hefty registration fees in 2015. That made a lot of people stopped participating in the event. Not sure if there were any negative feedback that year though as I did not follow closely to the event anymore.  In 2016 they tried to revive it with a more reasonable price (but still rather ex) but I think the damage was already done, plus the more active trail runners have already moved on to running in Malaysia.

In any case, there were other similar trail runs like MSIG and The Green Race in place of North Face 100. Perhaps you didn't know about them.

1 hour ago, beast said:

Yup you should. But I think after 1-2 years of participating in the non-trail runs you will also comment about the same thing again haha.

I think it is good that they kill North Face 100 because they were charging incredibly hefty registration fees in 2015. That made a lot of people stopped participating in the event. Not sure if there were any negative feedback that year though as I did not follow closely to the event anymore.  In 2016 they tried to revive it with a more reasonable price (but still rather ex) but I think the damage was already done, plus the more active trail runners have already moved on to running in Malaysia.

In any case, there were other similar trail runs like MSIG and The Green Race in place of North Face 100. Perhaps you didn't know about them.

I was aware of the MSIG and grreen race, but they were in the first half of the year. I was holding out for Northface100 since it was my only trail running streak for years . And it didn't happen even though the signs were there when northface sponsored the other trail events.

18 minutes ago, Ender said:

I was aware of the MSIG and grreen race, but they were in the first half of the year. I was holding out for Northface100 since it was my only trail running streak for years . And it didn't happen even though the signs were there when northface sponsored the other trail events.

Hmm both these runs actually happen in July-Sept so maybe you remembered wrongly. 

Can safely assume no more North Face 100 this year too. Even there is, it has been overshadowed by the sudden emergence of these new trail runs.

11 minutes ago, beast said:

Hmm both these runs actually happen in July-Sept so maybe you remembered wrongly. 

Can safely assume no more North Face 100 this year too. Even there is, it has been overshadowed by the sudden emergence of these new trail runs.

Yah, one was in July, can't recall the other. I was holding out then, coz the last Northface was announced rather last minute if I remember.  Anyway  I am not holding anymore. Likely to sign up King of the Trail leg 3 /4 and this one.  

This race now has a proper website and FB page. The race routes are out and the flag off time has also been released. 

The same sponsors for both races now make me think that the race organiser may be the same as onthehill10K. 

All details updated in my post above >> http://www.sgrunners.com/forum/index.php?/topic/23066-force-of-nature-ultra-2018/&do=findComment&comment=532014

Also very interesting reply on their FB page "There wont be a TNF 100 edition this year.hence TNF has endorsed Force Of Nature Ultra as their main trail event for 2018:)" WOW! 

Edited by lonewolf

interested on this as never run on such route before. unfortunately there is a fifa world cup quarter final match at 2am the night before the run and thus has to give up on this. world cup comes every 4 year whilst running every week also have

Start and finishing are different points. Hope there are  good foods at the end point. :D:D  

10 hours ago, Haibei1971 said:

Start and finishing are different points. Possible to have baggage deposit service?

Someone asked about it on their FB page and they had replied that baggage deposit service will be available. 

It's possible. Many races have different start and end points and still provides baggage deposit service eg. Yellow Ribbon Prison Run and SCSM just to name 2. 

Edited by lonewolf

5 hours ago, yamkamhoong said:

63km routes looked confusing to me......don't know run how many loops.

km64.png

Yup surely confusing because I think there are mistakes, i.e. km distance markers are wrong.

Notice there are two 40km markers and no 50km marker. Hmm . . .

The race route GPX can be downloaded here>> http://www.forceofnatureultra.com/#routes

This probably makes the route a bit clearer.

5a8776beeda2d_2018-07-07ForceofNatuer64K.jpg.5abb644ca7107d938575c5689800b360.jpg

So its 2 giant loop around Bukit Timah Nature Reserve-Madai Rd and then to MacRitchie Reservoir. Then again, it was in the route description (The route consists of 2 loops of 25km at the Central Catchment Nature Reserve and a final 13km run to MacRitchie Reservoir to conclude the race)  if people bother to read. :crazysmile:

Edited by lonewolf

17 hours ago, gtlife64 said:

Yup surely confusing because I think there are mistakes, i.e. km distance markers are wrong.

Notice there are two 40km markers and no 50km marker. Hmm . . .

Thanks #lonewolf updated the latest Route 64km map.

#gtlife64, the map made runners a bit confuse, but it seems like okay to me now. Running 2 big loops = 50 km. look like people will take short cut if runners knew the trail well....The level of difficulty is 5★.  if it is 5★, it can be qualify to race UTMB. Do you think so? 

Furthermore, last year 2017, this race is known as "Green Race Forest Ultra 2017". this race is not new....

About the Race Routes

1. What are the highlights for the 64 KM route?
    • Starting off from Dairy Farm Nature Park, the 64 km route is the ultimate trail course in Singapore trail racing. Its a very challenging and pain inducing route designed for the hardcore trail fanatics and ultra trail runners. The route consists of 90% trails, 5% tarmac and 5% asphalt with 2 loops of 24 km at the Central Catchment Nature Reserve and a final 14km run to MacRitchie Reservoir to conclude the race. It will test your endurance and strength to the limits in a cut off time of 12.5hrs. 
      Level of difficulty: ★★★★★

On 2/17/2018 at 7:44 PM, yamkamhoong said:

Thanks #lonewolf updated the latest Route 64km map.

#gtlife64, the map made runners a bit confuse, but it seems like okay to me now. Running 2 big loops = 50 km. look like people will take short cut if runners knew the trail well....The level of difficulty is 5★.  if it is 5★, it can be qualify to race UTMB. Do you think so? 

Furthermore, last year 2017, this race is known as "Green Race Forest Ultra 2017". this race is not new....

About the Race Routes

1. What are the highlights for the 64 KM route?
    • Starting off from Dairy Farm Nature Park, the 64 km route is the ultimate trail course in Singapore trail racing. Its a very challenging and pain inducing route designed for the hardcore trail fanatics and ultra trail runners. The route consists of 90% trails, 5% tarmac and 5% asphalt with 2 loops of 24 km at the Central Catchment Nature Reserve and a final 14km run to MacRitchie Reservoir to conclude the race. It will test your endurance and strength to the limits in a cut off time of 12.5hrs. 
      Level of difficulty: ★★★★★

The route is almost similar like Greenrace last year except for the stupid PCN loops. And you are right. There are quite a few areas for short cuts.

On 2/28/2018 at 3:27 PM, NoobieRunner said:

The medal design is the dealbreaker for Noobie

Have you already seen the medal for this year?

seems not many ppl actively talk about this run...

i want to joint the 23km but not decided yet. Any one would share or estimate roughly how many ppl in 23km? less than 1k?

5 hours ago, Haibei1971 said:

seems not many ppl actively talk about this run...

i want to joint the 23km but not decided yet. Any one would share or estimate roughly how many ppl in 23km? less than 1k?

According to the page the event is sold out.. 😨