Sign in to follow this  
lonewolf

ST Run 2018 - 23 Sep (Sun)

9 minutes ago, AutumnRunner said:

meaning he didnt start on time?

nice cause its ELM... haaa.... sturdy and nicely printed.... flight of steps.. .haaa... else u wun be able to get out of the stadium leh....

No leh... I reached around 3.40am... walking towards the start pen then got someone approach me asking for directions... lol...  

Can exit from the side But need walk just a bit longer ... 

24 minutes ago, stalky79 said:

No leh... I reached around 3.40am... walking towards the start pen then got someone approach me asking for directions... lol...  

Can exit from the side But need walk just a bit longer ... 

never ask for a wefie....haaa

30 minutes ago, wonderfulblevic said:

Congrats to all who participated in the run. Also to @yh90 for the PB!!

Skipped this Run cos too expensive for me. 

that's what i thought year after year.... this year decided to take the plunge... 

2 hours ago, AutumnRunner said:

My first ST run... and would not be the last... no regrets paying the high fees for the running into stadium experience... 

Enjoy the read....

https://autumnrunner.wordpress.com/2018/09/23/race-review-the-straits-times-run-2018/

Wow...nice review.

I think that for this run, the signages in the Sports Hub still can do better, especially I didn't see signage pointing to the ample of portable toilets available. I believe finding toilets would have been the first things most runners look for.

I heard everyone commented this ST Run is expensive.

But for me, the experience and feeling of finishing the run inside the Stadium is 'priceless'.

7 hours ago, stalky79 said:

Finisher medal sibeh nice! I like the finisher tee as well... only thing to complain was the flight of steps to go back to baggage area.

Some bottle neck at ecp to fort road due to the narrow walkway

cups at hydration points were always filled and there is plenty 

Why need to climb the flight of steps back to the baggage area? There was another way out to the OCBC Arena that does not require climbing any stairs. All you need to do was to follow the sign (not very prominent again) and walked straight out (from the way you run into the stadium), make a right turn and OCBC arena is just right in front. 

I must say though that this race has the best baggage deposit area ever! No other race comes close. How often do you get to collect your bag in air-conditioned comfort and nice carpet to sit down on after you collect your bag? Of cos, nothing comes 'free'. Your price of admission for all those cool comforts is to run a gauntlet of the annoying and irritating salesperson and insurance agents when you exit (I know they are just doing their job but hey ... ) 

I agree that the signage around the starting pen area can be better. A lot of people were looking for toilets. I managed to find one at Kallang Wave mall which was relatively empty. This race has one of the longest walk to the start pen ever (I think 2nd only to SCSM)

Din run fast enough to enjoy the breakfast. Anyone GPGT? 

4 hours ago, AutumnRunner said:

My first ST run... and would not be the last... no regrets paying the high fees for the running into stadium experience... 

Enjoy the read....

https://autumnrunner.wordpress.com/2018/09/23/race-review-the-straits-times-run-2018/

WOW. U did a 'Pris' and managed to publish your blog way before she did :good:No need to sleep ah? :fish:

I see you are another victim of the 'Poor Signage Symptom' and made to walk that demoralising flight of stairs back to Baggage Deposit. 

You run so fast how come never kope the free breakfast? (Think its free curry pok or muffin):turkey:

And I think you were just unlucky with your medal. Mine was fine. 

56 minutes ago, lonewolf said:

Why need to climb the flight of steps back to the baggage area? There was another way out to the OCBC Arena that does not require climbing any stairs. All you need to do was to follow the sign (not very prominent again) and walked straight out (from the way you run into the stadium), make a right turn and OCBC arena is just right in front. 

That’s what I did but not many chose this route 

Edited by stalky79

Is it me or there was less runners this year? I ran the 18 km race. 

After the race, I was directed to the staircase, which leads back to the baggage area. I didn't know you could take an alternative. 

The presentation of the result is quite bad. Certainly can be better :thumbsdown:

Those looking for your nett time will need to click on your name to get the detailed split and race time (ie net time)

Your nett time ranking is also shown in the detailed page. 

Edited by lonewolf

3 hours ago, posfe2 said:

Is it me or there was less runners this year? I ran the 18 km race.  

The number is slightly down from last year but not by much.

In the last 4 yrs, the numbers of male runners for the 18.45km are as follows:

2015: 5,332
2016: 2,749
2017: 2,950
2018: 2,641

So the numbers have been hovering between the 2,600 - 2,900 figure for the last 3 yrs but quite significantly down from 2015 figurs.

"Those looking for your nett time will need to click on your name to get the detailed spilt and race time (ie net time)"

At the bottom of the table, the position would be based on net time I think, 'coz I'm in wave 1 and my ranking dropped from 1xx to 2xx. 

Still get to know ranking based on net time.

5 hours ago, lonewolf said:

WOW. U did a 'Pris' and managed to publish your blog way before she did :good:No need to sleep ah? :fish:

I see you are another victim of the 'Poor Signage Symptom' and made to walk that demoralising flight of stairs back to Baggage Deposit. 

You run so fast how come never kope the free breakfast? (Think its free curry pok or muffin):turkey:

Lol I crashed immediately after I got back home. Autumn has so much discipline to be able to get his post out so quickly. Heheh

7 hours ago, stalky79 said:

Nice 

Thanks @stalky79.

6 hours ago, puppyrun said:

Wow...nice review.

I think that for this run, the signages in the Sports Hub still can do better, especially I didn't see signage pointing to the ample of portable toilets available. I believe finding toilets would have been the first things most runners look for.

I heard everyone commented this ST Run is expensive.

But for me, the experience and feeling of finishing the run inside the Stadium is 'priceless'.

Thanks @puppyrun.

I joined this race due to the feeling of running into stadium too...

5 hours ago, lonewolf said:

Nap comes later before my memory fails me... haaa...

I asked what's for breakfast but dun really like what's available thus gave it a miss... so others who enjoy it can have it...

Medal..... sigh......

31 minutes ago, prisangel said:

Lol I crashed immediately after I got back home. Autumn has so much discipline to be able to get his post out so quickly. Heheh

I nearly dozed off while writing the blog actually..  haaa... managed to complete it before lunch so that I can take a nap after lunch...

14 hours ago, yh90 said:

Did 10k and 5k fun run

10k I pbed (43'09)

5k become 6.2k as lead cyclist think go wrong way.  Finished in 30'27 and only 2 runners are ahead of me.

Didn't you get a faster timing at The Performance series 10K a couple years back at Kranji?

6 hours ago, Ender said:

Didn't you get a faster timing at The Performance series 10K a couple years back at Kranji?

That time 46'08 or sth.

10 hours ago, lonewolf said:

The presentation of the result is quite bad. Certainly can be better :thumbsdown:

Those looking for your nett time will need to click on your name to get the detailed split and race time (ie net time)

Your nett time ranking is also shown in the detailed page. 

Thanks for the tips.

Hmmm....total 3603 runners for 18.45km and only 962 lady runners.

Lol...found out I got beaten by 21 fast lady runners :goodjob:

8 hours ago, AutumnRunner said:

Nap comes later before my memory fails me... haaa...

I asked what's for breakfast but dun really like what's available thus gave it a miss... so others who enjoy it can have it...

Medal..... sigh......

See. There we have it. The difference between a semi-pro blogger and a total noob one.

Semi-pro blogger has others to help with the logistics of taking nice photos.

Semi-pro blogger used the voice recorder function on the hp to record the interview and/or record thoughts so no need to worry about failing memory.

And most important semi-pro blogger takes pictures of everything including breakfast giveaways, regardless of whether he enjoys it or not. And of cos will not forget to take photos of the finish line items before hungrily gobbled up the banana and 100+ :fish:

I jest of cos. To be fair, so far I haven't seen any photos of the breakfast giveaways so even the semi-pro blogger missed it. :crazysmile:

2 hours ago, lonewolf said:

See. There we have it. The difference between a semi-pro blogger and a total noob one.

Semi-pro blogger has others to help with the logistics of taking nice photos.

Semi-pro blogger used the voice recorder function on the hp to record the interview and/or record thoughts so no need to worry about failing memory.

And most important semi-pro blogger takes pictures of everything including breakfast giveaways, regardless of whether he enjoys it or not. And of cos will not forget to take photos of the finish line items before hungrily gobbled up the banana and 100+ :fish:

I jest of cos. To be fair, so far I haven't seen any photos of the breakfast giveaways so even the semi-pro blogger missed it. :crazysmile:

Turn left after medal/Tee collection, you will find the breakfast tent.

Breakfast have 3 options, a palm-sized cookie or sth like butter bread. I asked if can take two, they said no, only can choose one.   :)