logo-strun.svg

Date: 23 Sep 2018 (Sun)
Time: From 4am
Venue: Sports Hub
Category: 18.45km, 10km, 5km

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TheStraitsTimesRun/

5abc4c681a810_2018-09-23STRunFee.thumb.jpg.e1910b6dd0f6cf6eb54037da8e2e14d8.jpg

Runners’ Entitlements

1. One limited-edition New Balance “NB DRY” Male running vest or Female running tee worth $49.
  2. One limited-edition New Balance “NB DRY” finishers’ tee worth $49.
  3. One limited-edition finishers’ medal.
  4. Complimentary Great Eastern personal accident insurance from the official start of the race until the end of the race. Click here for more details.
  5. One-time 25% discount for regular-priced New Balance products. Terms and conditions apply.
  6. Other goodies from sponsors.

men_shirt-1.png

women_shirt.png

Race Pack Collection

Opening Hours: 20 – 22 September 2018: 10:30am to 8:30pm
Venue: OCBC Arena Hall 1, Singapore Sports Hub

[Comment] As reported during the launch of OCBC Cycle , ST Run this yr will be held on 23 Sep. Participant of OCBC Cycle will receive a 5% discount for ST Run.

[Update]  Looks like Infintus will continue to be the race organiser. Hopefully this means that this race will continue to remain an ELM Medal race. 

Edited by lonewolf

The Run is backed ON home (Sports Hub).

The Official Sportswear is New Balance and this reminds me the last New Balance Run On 2016.

5 hours ago, activerun said:

The Run is backed ON home (Sports Hub).

The Official Sportswear is New Balance and this reminds me the last New Balance Run On 2016.

good news!

17 hours ago, AutumnRunner said:

The run into stadium defintely gives me the thought about joining but the fees for normal rate is high..... 

You not loyal meh? :crazysmile:

This race quite generous. Loyalty rate applies if you had joined in any of the past races from 2013-2017. 

I agree if you are not loyal the fee is high. I took the hit in 2014 when I joined this race for the first time. It was a easier hit to swallow cos I got 10% off and it was HM distance. Interestingly, the race fee has not changed since 2014 for the HM/18.45 category. But the distance has been reduced since 2015. 

13 minutes ago, lonewolf said:

You not loyal meh? :crazysmile:

This race quite generous. Loyalty rate applies if you had joined in any of the past races from 2013-2017. 

I agree if you are not loyal the fee is high. I took the hit in 2014 when I joined this race for the first time. It was a easier hit to swallow cos I got 10% off and it was HM distance. Interestingly, the race fee has not changed since 2014 for the HM/18.45 category. But the distance has been reduced since 2015. 

I am a loyal person but ST says I have to be loyal to them instead... it's something I haven't been since it started..

Thanks for sharing!

Am tempted to go for this... But just unsure about the run start time... If its 4am, its super early for me! Don't recall joining an event that starts this early! :hair: :lazy:

9 hours ago, verbatin1969 said:

1 hour ago, sicklycat said:

Thanks for sharing!

Am tempted to go for this... But just unsure about the run start time... If its 4am, its super early for me! Don't recall joining an event that starts this early! :hair: :lazy:

If it's any help, here's the flag off time from the FAQ.

18.45KM    5.00am
10KM    6.30am
5KM    7.45am

Frankly, I would consider making a trip down if it was an outright discount (preferable on top of the loyalty rate) but I was looking at the gifts and was asking myself if I seriously need another tote bag, towel and water bottle. Granted, the bottle has a misting feature but still since I generally dun like to run with a water bottle, it would not be very useful for me.

colin-str-3.jpg?itok=U9kCMBnn

Posted (edited)
50 minutes ago, lonewolf said:

If it's any help, here's the flag off time from the FAQ.

18.45KM    5.00am
10KM    6.30am
5KM    7.45am

Frankly, I would consider making a trip down if it was an outright discount (preferable on top of the loyalty rate) but I was looking at the gifts and was asking myself if I seriously need another tote bag, towel and water bottle. Granted, the bottle has a misting feature but still since I generally dun like to run with a water bottle, it would not be very useful for me.

colin-str-3.jpg?itok=U9kCMBnn

Thanks for the update on the flag-off times!

I do run with a bottle like 99% of the time, but I too decided not to make a physical trip down just for these! :turned:

I thought you would have signed up by now, Lonewolf?

I'm a little tempted this year, also coz its back to the Stadium... My 1st and only ST Run todate, was at the Stadium.

I agree with you - If they gave a discount on top of the loyalty rate, I would have flown down to sign up! The high price is what's holding me back.

Edited by sicklycat

5 hours ago, sicklycat said:

I thought you would have signed up by now, Lonewolf?

This is one of those race where there is no early bird/normal registration period. 

So there's no advantage to signing up early. 

Of cos, you risk missing out if it sold out before you register. But frankly, that's unlikely.  :crazysmile:

Expensive run with a weird distance for runners to benchmark with for improvement.  Unless they join this every year.

6 hours ago, lonewolf said:

This is one of those race where there is no early bird/normal registration period. 

So there's no advantage to signing up early. 

Of cos, you risk missing out if it sold out before you register. But frankly, that's unlikely.  :crazysmile:

Oic! Then I can take my time to decide too! :thumbsup:

looks like not many have signed up and many still waiting to see if there are more "discounts" flying in?? i am also still considering...

1 hour ago, AutumnRunner said:

looks like not many have signed up and many still waiting to see if there are more "discounts" flying in?? i am also still considering...

No need to wait. I can confirm for you that there will be no discount (apart from those who joined OCBC Cycle).

There may be prizes dangled to entice signups but that's about it. 

On 7/16/2018 at 11:42 PM, lonewolf said:

No need to wait. I can confirm for you that there will be no discount (apart from those who joined OCBC Cycle).

Guess I won't be joining then!

On 7/16/2018 at 9:42 AM, lonewolf said:

oh man... ok, consider again...

On 7/31/2018 at 10:55 PM, AutumnRunner said:

dun tell me 18.45km is going to start at 4am... i keep seeing the 4am word on the website...

No lah. When they say from 4am onwards, they usually mean when the event site is open for people to get there, get ready, deposit bags and do their warm-up etc...

Flag off timings is usually found either in the 'Race Info' or FAQ.

1700972978_2018-09-23STRunFlagOff.jpg.95ea08cf3a63aeb97f4b47c6ac0e87eb.jpg

There you go. You are advised to reach 1 hour prior to race flag off. ie. 4am for those running the 18.45km

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, stalky79 said:

Still no news on race pack collection? Hmm... weird 

From the FAQ: Race Entry Pack Collection will be held at Singapore Sports Hub, OCBC Arena Hall 1 from September 20 to 22, 2018. More details will be available on a later date.

Only time not announced but likely to be 11am-8pm on weekday and 11am-7pm on Sat. 

Actually, I'm more alarmed at the lack of information on the shuttle bus services. Roughly a month to race day, surely they would have tied down the logistics for the shuttle bus services by now. 

Edited by lonewolf