lonewolf

SAFRA Singapore Bay Run & Army Half Marathon 2018 - 26 Aug

Does anyone knows where can I register for the shuttle bus service? Cause I can't seem to find any link on the SAFRA website itself.

1 hour ago, Jydnhfz said:

Does anyone knows where can I register for the shuttle bus service? Cause I can't seem to find any link on the SAFRA website itself.

Link in your confirmation slip sent to your email. 

5 hours ago, Jydnhfz said:

Interesting. FB says last day of the sale of shuttle bus was 12 Aug.

But I just tried and it still they are still selling but some places already sold out for the HM shuttle bus. 

Retrieve your registration link here >> https://sbr.safra.sg/cgi-bin/registration/ssbrahm18/showconfirmation.cgi

On 8/12/2018 at 4:17 PM, Haibei1971 said:

Any one can advise if there will be any different waves by BIB number or color (according to the estimated finish time keyed in registration)? Just like sundown one.

This looks an extremely crowded run...

there isn't a clear wave but.... if you are not early and the starting pen becomes crowded, they will stop runners from entering the pen till they are flagged off.

Thanks AutumnRunner.

Need to be an early bird to get a good start position, as ppl say this run is notoriously crowded.  :)

My only wish is that they will allow people to go to the starting point (esplanade drive) early. Last year before run already perspiring due to the sheer amount of crowds waiting to enter 

On 8/23/2018 at 10:57 AM, stalky79 said:

My only wish is that they will allow people to go to the starting point (esplanade drive) early. Last year before run already perspiring due to the sheer amount of crowds waiting to enter 

I was one of those stucked there....lets see how it goes tomorrow.

Hi. Anyone here have finisher tee S size? Wanna exchange with M size? Thanks.

Posted (edited)

First time participating this race. The only bottleneck I encountered was at the start, but that was to be expected. Overall, it was a well originized race. I had a good race. 

However, I do have one negative experience. I ran to the race village from my home as a warm up. I was surprised to find that they didn't have any hydration stations before the flag off. I asked for water from one guy, but he told me they were not allowed to give out water until 21 km flags off. Luckily, there was a kind gentlemen who gave me a bottle of water.

Edit: Another thing I noticed is there were so many porta potties along the route and there were clear signs for them. Not many local races do that. 

Edited by posfe2

Didn't encounter any jam, but I felt the path at Garden by the bay abit too narrow for comfort.  May have potential jam there 

5 minutes ago, Ender said:

Didn't encounter any jam, but I felt the path at Garden by the bay abit too narrow for comfort.  May have potential jam there 

it could be that it's a little dark so it appears narrow? 

Posted (edited)

Skywalker-_No_ELM.jpg

Sibei Sianz. One less ELM medal this yr. :cray:

There was a jam at GBTB - twice. But it was relatively short (<2 min) so not a big deal. Nothing compared to the mega jam of Tanjong Rhu (15mins jam)

Edited by lonewolf

Very good race review by AutumnRunner.👍👍

it took me almost 20 minutes to deposit bag. The queue is very long.

Ran with my old colleagues in e 10km cat. It was enjoyable, smooth from bag desposit till e end of race.

Hydration is well place n isotonic is cold enough during our time.

Just that when i request for 2nd can of iso at e finishing line n was rejected. :(

Posted (edited)

Medal design is nice....

shaved 20mins off my pb...

abit dark at 1 stretch, almost twisted my ankle cause I ran too close between the pavement and grass patch. 

Noticed there were led lights on the hydration table for the cups... not bad

Gatsby wipe damn solid....hahaha, I will go and buy and use for future HM, FM

Edited by stalky79

Posted (edited)

One thing I liked for this edition is the signage pointing to public toilets along the way.. Very helpful for me at least, as those portable one are having queues.

I think my skin sensitive to gatsby wipe. Wipe my face, at first felt cooling, but later it got burning sensation. Quite painful.. 

Edited by Ender

2 hours ago, Haibei1971 said:

Very good race review by AutumnRunner.👍👍

it took me almost 20 minutes to deposit bag. The queue is very long.

Thanks @Haibei1971. Would continue to help runners by giving race reviews... 

Bag deposit is at another area and I didn't manage to walk there to have a good look... 20minutes might still be acceptable to some Who went through mega jam in the bag deposit for other races...

1 hour ago, stalky79 said:

Medal design is nice....

shaved 20mins off my pb...

abit dark at 1 stretch, almost twisted my ankle cause I ran too close between the pavement and grass patch. 

Noticed there were led lights on the hydration table for the cups... not bad

Gatsby wipe damn solid....hahaha, I will go and buy and use for future HM, FM

Congrats @stalky79... getting a pb means your training so far is worthwhile... keep up...

1 hour ago, Ender said:

One thing I liked for this edition is the signage pointing to public toilets along the way.. Very helpful for me at least, as those portable one are having queues.

I think my skin sensitive to gatsby wipe. Wipe my face, at first felt cooling, but later it got burning sensation. Quite painful.. 

Yes indeed the signage about portable toilets  is good thus i have pointed out in general that signage is adequate...

As for the Gatsby wipe... I think there's alcohol content but wiping on hands and legs seemed fine...

3 hours ago, lonewolf said:

Sibei Sianz. One less ELM medal this yr. :cray:

There was a jam at GBTB - twice. But it was relatively short (<2 min) so not a big deal. Nothing compared to the mega jam of Tanjong Rhu (15mins jam)

Thats right... that's why I mention in my race review that the medal quality seemed not too bad this year... it's to cover a bit for those ELM-lovers...haaa