Facebookhttps://www.facebook.com/SSBRAHM/
Registration: https://sbr.safra.sg/cgi-bin/registration/ssbrahm18/prereg.cgi

FLAG-OFF TIMINGS
21km Army Half Marathon:    4.30am
SAFRA 10km Race:    6.30am
NS Team Run:    7.30am
SAFRA 5km Fun Run:    7.30am
Families For Life 800m Challenge:    8.30am

5ac1ffe72c753_2018-08-26SAFRAAHMFee.thumb.jpg.7f461c57c99c44ec2e1510b49a9e02a5.jpg

Prices stated above are inclusive of 7% GST.

*Only NSmen (Operationally Ready National Servicemen, MINDEF Reserves & Ex-NSmen) from the three arms of the Singapore Armed Forces - the Singapore Army, the Republic of Singapore Navy (RSN) and the Republic of Singapore Air Force (RSAF).

+Only applicable to immediate family members (parents, siblings, spouse and children) of registered SAF active servicemen and NSmen. Family members must be nominated to enjoy the SAF Family Members rate. Each SAF active serviceman and NSman can nominate up to 5 immediate family members to enjoy this special rate during registration.

RUNNERS’ ENTITLEMENTS
21 KM ARMY HALF MARATHON
1.    Goodie Bag
2.    SSBR & AHM Army Singlet (applicable to all SAF Active Servicemen, NSmen, SAFRA Members and SAF Family Members) OR Event Tee (applicable to public)
3.    Finisher Tee
4.    Personalised Participant Bib & Timing Device
5.    Finisher Medal
6.    Personalised e-Certificate
7.    Insurance Coverage

Race Route

Running-Route-Map-B.ashx

Race Entry Pack Collection (REPC)

Date: 10 to 12 Aug 2018
Time: 11am - 8pm
Venue: Suntec City

Race-Entry-Pack-Collection-S.ashx

Edited by lonewolf

So runners can mark this date for SAFRA run instead of joining another event.

Registration opens.

NSmen rate maintains!  Still the cheapest HM for NSmen on the running calendar! :punk:

2 hours ago, beast said:

Eh just to clarify: ROD means not NSmen anymore right...

If you are still using ROD, you chop stamp confirmed a NSmen. ROD or Run Out Date is a defunct term that is no longer in use by SAF. Meaning you are probably are old fart from cica the 2nd generation of National Servicemen.  :crazysmile:

The term used nowadays is ORD (Operational Ready Date) but they both mean the same thing. 

In simpler terms, as long as you had served in the 3 branch of the arm forces, you qualified for NSmen rate. 

Even if you had completed your reservist cycle, put into Mindef Reserve or reached your legally statutory discharge age, you are still eligible for NSmen rate. 

If registration system doesn't recognise you as a NSmen, drop SAFRA an email and let them sort it out for you. 

I'm from hometeam. No special rate for me. But I still join this run every year..

9 hours ago, lonewolf said:

If you are still using ROD, you chop stamp confirmed a NSmen. ROD or Run Out Date is a defunct term that is no longer in use by SAF. Meaning you are probably are old fart from cica the 2nd generation of National Servicemen.  :crazysmile:

The term used nowadays is ORD (Operational Ready Date) but they both mean the same thing. 

I always thought that ORD means after u completed the mandatory NSF cycle while ROD means completing the NSmen cycle... :showoff:

7 hours ago, Ender said:

I'm from hometeam. No special rate for me. But I still join this run every year..

That's why there's real run annually too... haa

2 hours ago, AutumnRunner said:

I always thought that ORD means after u completed the mandatory NSF cycle while ROD means completing the NSmen cycle... :showoff:

Oh well. You thought wrong. :crazysmile:

ROD was the term used previously when we finished our NSF. They changed the term to ORD to reflect the true status of soldiers who had completed their NSF and become 'Operationally Ready' - as opposed to 'Run Out'. ORD soldiers formed the bulk of our armed forces and the change was also a reminder to them not to 'switch off' once they complete their NSF. The term NSmen was also coined around the same time to replace the term used previously - Reservist. Again to reflect that NSmen are not held 'in reserve'. 

Completing your NSmen cycle put you to MR (MINDEF Reserve) until you reached the statutory discharge age. After that, you are known as ex-NSMen. 

Thanks @lonewolf.. informative... 

I dun remember that in the previous editions, there was an increase in the fees for SAF NSmen even after the early bird period... anyone remembers that?

Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, AutumnRunner said:

Thanks @lonewolf.. informative... 

I dun remember that in the previous editions, there was an increase in the fees for SAF NSmen even after the early bird period... anyone remembers that?

That was last yr. Same as this yr price. Early bird $16. Normal $18. In the previous years before that (2013, 2014 and 2016) the early bird and normal rate had always been the same for both early bird and normal. 

Though there has been a slight increase over the year from $12 (2013) to $12.85 (2014) to $13 (2016) and now $16/18 last 2 years. 

NB: The above prices refers to the AHM fee for NSMen. 

Edited by lonewolf

1 hour ago, lonewolf said:

Oh well. You thought wrong. :crazysmile:

ROD was the term used previously when we finished our NSF. They changed the term to ORD to reflect the true status of soldiers who had completed their NSF and become 'Operationally Ready' - as opposed to 'Run Out'. ORD soldiers formed the bulk of our armed forces and the change was also a reminder to them not to 'switch off' once they complete their NSF. The term NSmen was also coined around the same time to replace the term used previously - Reservist. Again to reflect that NSmen are not held 'in reserve'. 

Completing your NSmen cycle put you to MR (MINDEF Reserve) until you reached the statutory discharge age. After that, you are known as ex-NSMen. 

Technically speaking I should be considered ex-NSMen. But when I register they still consider me as Nsmen. Much appreciated. Haha

last year safra energyone members had an additional discount from the $16. This year don’t have when I registered. Not a big deal. Still damn cheap. 

23 minutes ago, wonderfulblevic said:

Technically speaking I should be considered ex-NSMen. But when I register they still consider me as Nsmen. Much appreciated. Haha

last year safra energyone members had an additional discount from the $16. This year don’t have when I registered. Not a big deal. Still damn cheap. 

Ex-NSMen fall under NS Men too in this case. That mean as long you serve NS you entitled to the discount rate. 

Did not join this run for last yr as they screwed up my ex-NSmen status...only after 3 months then they apologised problem from their data migration.

After a long rest from SSCM 2017, it time to get me active again... 

Yup...juz signed up for this run $16 + bus service @ $6...best....

those who NS in SCDF (or SPF) no get cheap rate...or ya, never serve NS also excluded.

But majority who serve NS (in SAF) will benefit from a generally well organised if not sometimes crowded run. 

Why am I ask to submit medical check up to SAFRA when I try to register for the run?

Posted (edited)
On 4/3/2018 at 12:26 AM, Ender said:

I was paying normal SAFRA Member rate for many years, since I am from Hometean NSMEN. Thank you SAFRA this year for the $16 rate. Maybe it's becoz they recognise my 2.5 years of SAF NSF.  Very please indeed.

Edited by Ender

I had a shock, they are literally using back the same Singlet, same color, same design for Army Half 2018 ! 

So lazy ???????

9 hours ago, AdiZero said:

I had a shock, they are literally using back the same Singlet, same color, same design for Army Half 2018 ! 

So lazy ???????

Why you expect? Army mentality is if it’s ain’t broken don’t fix it one... I will just wear my own singlet as per previous run 

Time to play - spot the difference! :crazysmile:

AHM-2017-vs-2018-_Singlet.jpg

It's not uncommon for SAFRA to reuse the similar design for a few years in a row. They did it for 2013, 2014 and 2016 (there was no AHM in 2015)

AHM-2013-vs-2014-vs-2016-_Singlet.jpg