Top Chan

YOLO Run 2018 - Sat Oct 13, 2018,7am[Garden by the Bay]

7 minutes ago, beast said:

Sit back and watch? Weren't you supposed to run naked at ECP and cut kkj if this didn't get cancelled? :P

🤐🤫 I believe that "Streaking in public" in Singapore is illegal, right? Anyhow, we should not against the law... 🤭🤭

And of course, please do not execute self-mutilation... it's not wise at all.

Edited by ZZIZZ

29 minutes ago, medic said:

will you run naked and cut? :P

Not Saturday yet leh.. still plenty of time 

19 minutes ago, stalky79 said:

Not Saturday yet leh.. still plenty of time 

Hahahaha... you make me recall a song's lyrics: "there can be miracles when you believe..." 🤣🤣🤣

2 hours ago, stalky79 said:

And go through the whole agony cycle again and again and again and again and again and again.... lol

it will never end. Once is enough for me... I will just sit back and watch this time round how they are going to screw up this Saturday 

Understood your anger, i am going to manage my expectation too like ZZiZZ  has mentioned. Then this race will be struck off permanently from my list.

Wah seh! Can’t believe still got quite a handful of people in here signing up for it this year despite all the warnings...

speechless 

no wonder xchange and whatever form or name it can evolve to, can survive time after time screwing up an running event.

Quite a fair bit of queue but cleared very fast within 5 mins of collection.. Lucky x-change upgraded collection point with adequate manpower or else honestly i do not think small booth honest bee can cope with the number of people collecting.

Noting to shout about as mentioned last year participant will get only an event t-shirt & bib with timing chip. A can of honey drink was given free by one of the sponsor.

It would be interesting to see how the attendance for this year's event varies against previous years, given all the negative publicity and history.

19 hours ago, stalky79 said:

Wah seh! Can’t believe still got quite a handful of people in here signing up for it this year despite all the warnings...

speechless 

no wonder xchange and whatever form or name it can evolve to, can survive time after time screwing up an running event.

You are right. cause people are sheep. so scam companies will thrive. Give a free slot and everybody runs happy for them haha

I would foresee that dramatically, tomorrow morning there will be a rain or downpour, and the race probably would be badly affected or even xxxxxxxed... 🤪😝 then: "God saved me..."

1 hour ago, ZZIZZ said:

I would foresee that dramatically, tomorrow morning there will be a rain or downpour, and the race probably would be badly affected or even xxxxxxxed... 🤪😝 then: "God saved me..."

I predict that based on the trend for the last few days, rain will only comes in the afternoon. So for those who is taking part, given the expected reduce number of runners (so now more manageable) and this time round running with much lower expectation, it may turn out that this run event can be quite a nice cooling run with lesser drama.....(sorry Stalky79) 

Just to add, I am not joining this run.

Edited by puppyrun

Collected my bib for this already, but still considering about whether to wake up and run this tomorrow and give them a second chance?

Or should I forego it completely and DNS?

What do you guys recommend? Haha...

5 minutes ago, wonderfulblevic said:

Seems to be forecast for thunderstorm overnight till tomorrow morning.  High chance may be cancelled.  Better watch out for any FB or sms.

They are already not replying on fb to queries for race pack collection.... typical xchange tactic... 

44 minutes ago, prisangel said:

Collected my bib for this already, but still considering about whether to wake up and run this tomorrow and give them a second chance?

Or should I forego it completely and DNS?

What do you guys recommend? Haha...

Don’t bother lah... why wanna make yourself frustrated? Sleep seems to be a much better choice 

I was just looking at the 10K route and it looks short to me. I did a rough plot and it was about 8K. Those who had run around that in previous races will know.

YOLO+Run+SG+2018+Race+Guide-06.png?forma

For comparison, take a look at the POSB PAssion Run for Kids 10K route.

map2.jpg

A lot of people will be able to do PB for the '10k' race :crazysmile:

Edited by lonewolf

1 hour ago, lonewolf said:

I was just looking at the 10K route and it looks short to me. I did a rough plot and it was about 8K. Those who had run around that in previous races will know.

YOLO+Run+SG+2018+Race+Guide-06.png?forma

For comparison, take a look at the POSB PAssion Run for Kids 10K route.

map2.jpg

A lot of people will be able to do PB for the '10k' race :crazysmile:

Wasn't last year yolo run also alot got their 10km pb?

40 minutes ago, Ender said:

Wasn't last year yolo run also alot got their 10km pb?

Last year I got a 10km "pb" at yolo that I think I'll never be able to break😂😂

47 minutes ago, prisangel said:

Last year I got a 10km "pb" at yolo that I think I'll never be able to break😂😂

PB or WR? LOL.

"CAT1 status has been lifted and the race village is now open! However due to the inclement weather, flag off time for both 10KM and 5KM will be pushed back. 10KM flag off is now commencing at 7:30am and 5KM at 7:50am."......  🤐😷

1 hour ago, ZZIZZ said:

"CAT1 status has been lifted and the race village is now open! However due to the inclement weather, flag off time for both 10KM and 5KM will be pushed back. 10KM flag off is now commencing at 7:30am and 5KM at 7:50am."......  🤐😷

Be safe while running... wet and slippery road... 

saw on fb the start arch collapsed... lol

Edited by stalky79
  • Haha 1

Sibei cocked up this event. Human jam left and right, Distance also dunno how to measure correctly. I crashed in part of their route see liao facepalm.

5 minutes ago, yh90 said:

Sibei cocked up this event. Human jam left and right, Distance also dunno how to measure correctly. I crashed in part of their route see liao facepalm.

no problem, you go ahead and join next year again. give them another chance and another chance hahahaha

I didn't sign up in the first place.

Edited by yh90