Sign in to follow this  
Top Chan

YOLO Run 2018 - Sat Oct 13, 2018,7am[Garden by the Bay]

Yolo Run 2018
Date: 13 October 2018 (Saturday)
Time: 7am - 12pm
Venue: Gardens By The Bay (East)
Distance: 5/10KM

For registration, please visit: https://www.sbbhosted.com/event/yolo-run-singapore-2018-66

For more details, please visit: https://www.yolorun.com/singapore-details

safe_image.php?d=AQAdNALWXDjH1idK&w=160&
#yolorunsg
YOLORUN.COM
Image may contain: one or more people and text
Well done YOLO Run Singapore for this gesture n service recovery efforts! 
Its indeed commendable that runners 1f3c3_200d_2642.png🏃1f3c3_200d_2642.png🏃feedback are taken seriously and there is intention to inprove!! 1f44d.png👍1f44d.png👍
Hopefully 2018 edition will see a better managed Race pack collection n better route mgt! 
#runfree

Regardless of the recovery effort that XE is trying to salvage with YOLO Run, they first need to address the elephant in the room that is Runners League. 

There has not been an update since the race pack collection for Leg 04 was abruptly canceled. 

If the situation with RL is not addressed, can XE be trusted with their other events? They cannot be just salvaging one event and ignoring another. Where is the integrity? 

And here a question for those of you who received the complementary slot for YOLO 2018 (presume this is for all registered YOLO 2017 runners), how many of you will really run? 

Potentially if everyone accepts, then the same issue with crowd control that plagued YOLO 2017 will only resurface if it is poorly managed and organised. Even if 50% accept the free slot, the number may still be too big a number for XE to manage.

Anyway, still a long way off. In the meantime, I guess those of us not involved with YOLO Run 2017 can just sit at the sideline and enjoy the show.

Edited by lonewolf

There was a post by justrunlah in fb citing that xchange is the organiser for this race but yolorun replied via fb asking them to remove saying they looking for alternative experienced Race organiser. 

I have been given the complimentary ticket for yolo 2018 and I can’t be bothered to run even if it’s free. 

To me it’s the same, yolorun engaged xchange and should be responsible for it. I’m still waiting for the refund of my runner’s league leg 4 

Edited by stalky79

X-Change Repubic and YOLO Incorporation have the same people behind them. Alex and Xavier. Don't be fooled whatever new name they give to the company which will front 2018 race.

6 hours ago, stalky79 said:

There was a post by justrunlah in fb citing that xchange is the organiser for this race but yolorun replied via fb asking them to remove saying they looking for alternative experienced Race organiser. 

I have been given the complimentary ticket for yolo 2018 and I can’t be bothered to run even if it’s free. 

To me it’s the same, yolorun engaged xchange and should be responsible for it. I’m still waiting for the refund of my runner’s league leg 4 

Any link to that FB post? I can't seem to find it.

Frankly, the only way out for XE is to restore confidence in their event is to engage one of the Big 4 Race Organiser (Pink Apple, HiV, Esprimo or Infinitus).

Of cos that would never happen. I doubt any of the Big 4 would bother to associate themselves with the tainted XE. And even if they are so inclined, it probably won't be cheap. And the whole trouble with XE from day 1 is that they have been trying to organise events on the cheap by cutting corners, inadequate manpower and facilities etc.. 

2 hours ago, lonewolf said:

Any link to that FB post? I can't seem to find it.

Frankly, the only way out for XE is to restore confidence in their event is to engage one of the Big 4 Race Organiser (Pink Apple, HiV, Esprimo or Infinitus).

Of cos that would never happen. I doubt any of the Big 4 would bother to associate themselves with the tainted XE. And even if they are so inclined, it probably won't be cheap. And the whole trouble with XE from day 1 is that they have been trying to organise events on the cheap by cutting corners, inadequate manpower and facilities etc.. 

2428i9h.jpg

6 hours ago, bookie said:

X-Change Repubic and YOLO Incorporation have the same people behind them. Alex and Xavier. Don't be fooled whatever new name they give to the company which will front 2018 race.

Holy crap!!!!

Omg, same people organizing Run for free 2018. Totally no shame at all these people! We should create awareness either through social media or other means to warn other people!

This is what I wrote on their run free fb and they have deleted and blocked me

Just a word of caution. This is the same organizer for yolo run 2017 and runner’s league where by 2/4 leg were either cancelled or  postponed indefinitely. Till date still no news on leg 4 and yet here they are organizing another running event. Sign up at your own risk

1 hour ago, stalky79 said:

This is what I wrote on their run free fb and they have deleted and blocked me

Just a word of caution. This is the same organizer for yolo run 2017 and runner’s league where by 2/4 leg were either cancelled or  postponed indefinitely. Till date still no news on leg 4 and yet here they are organizing another running event. Sign up at your own risk

Yeah. It's one of their tactics to remove and silent negative views.

I was blocked from Runners League FB too when I posted negative and sarcastic (but ultimately not untrue or malicious) comments.  

I amazed they haven't blocked you yet in RL FB. You are even more vocal than I was :crazysmile:

Edited by lonewolf

25 minutes ago, lonewolf said:

Yeah. It's one of their tactics to remove and silent negative views.

I was blocked from Runners League FB too when I posted negative and sarcastic (but ultimately not untrue or malicious) comments.  

I amazed they haven't blocked you yet in RL FB. You are even more vocal than I was :crazysmile:

Oh well, I just state the truth and nothing malicious if they can’t take that it says a lot about them.

I have made the same post on run society. Hope justrunlah won’t add this run to their calendar...

33 minutes ago, jerrylam said:

After last year's disasters, still wanna YOLO????? Mai liao lorrrrr 

LOL

One must experience similiar to last year disaster then can consider to have Only Live Once. :P

3 hours ago, K!m said:

One must experience similiar to last year disaster then can consider to have Only Live Once. :P

Wah lao...like that i rather not live hahahaha