ov3rw3ight

Gold Coast Airport Marathon 2018

Hi everyone! I'm new to this forum! 

I recently signed up for the Asics Half-Marathon @ GCAM '18 and was wondering whether any of you awesome peeps will be there as well?

1 hour ago, ov3rw3ight said:

Hi everyone! I'm new to this forum! 

I recently signed up for the Asics Half-Marathon @ GCAM '18 and was wondering whether any of you awesome peeps will be there as well?

Welcome to the forum @ov3rw3ight.. I am there will be someone who will be taking part in the GCAM2018 in this forum. As the number of locals flying to GCAM is always big and is one of the biggest contingent in South East Asia there...

Celebrate the special 40th edition of the Gold Coast Marathon and run for the good times on Saturday 30 June – Sunday 1 July 2018 on the beautiful Gold Coast in Queensland, Australia.

The world class international marathon will attract 25,000 participants of all ages and abilities from over 50 countries across eight races including the Gold Coast Marathon, Wheelchair Marathon, ASICS Half Marathon, Wheelchair 15km, Southern Cross University 10km Run, Gold Coast Airport 5.7km Challenge, 4km Junior Dash and 2km Junior Dash.

The Gold Coast Marathon, an IAAF Gold Label Road Race, is the pinnacle of road running events in Australia and during its 39-year history has distinguished itself as one of the most prestigious marathons in the world.

Its famous flat, fast and scenic course located alongside the city’s renowned surf beaches and stunning broadwater plus ideal winter running conditions featuring low humidity, little wind and mild temperatures result in 60% of participants achieving personal best times each year.

Save on fees and enter before early bird fees finish on Sunday 29 April 2018 (11:59pm Qld).

http://entergoldcoastmarathon.com.au/

@ov3rrid3 Apparently this is the course to get your best pb because of how flat it is. You can easily run below 2 hours. :-)

Gold Coast Marathon Hero Image@ov3rw3ight

I have started training for my first full marathon at GCM 2018, but I haven't registered or made my bookings yet because it's all subject to my wife's and my work commitments.

All the best for your training! Hope to see more participants chime in here.

On 1/24/2018 at 11:56 AM, benchy said:

I have started training for my first full marathon at GCM 2018, but I haven't registered or made my bookings yet because it's all subject to my wife's and my work commitments.

Should try and do it soon since registration is already open for about 2 months...Then again there are still slots available (though this is supposedly one of the more popular runs) so I guess there should still be good accommodation spots near the area...

On 1/24/2018 at 11:56 AM, benchy said:

The slots would be available even till quite late into the registration period... however accommodation might be snatched up pretty fast... 

Tempting to sign up for my first overseas HM... any good runcation package to sign up for?

Anyone else registered? 

Am going on holiday next week, so that'll hamper my preparations.. but hey, just gonna have fun! My first overseas race outside Southeast Asia, so let's hope it's a memorable one!

On 6/6/2018 at 8:50 PM, ov3rw3ight said:

Anyone else registered? 

Am going on holiday next week, so that'll hamper my preparations.. but hey, just gonna have fun! My first overseas race outside Southeast Asia, so let's hope it's a memorable one!

It will be fun and memorable... just immersed yourself in the atmosphere....

OhMyGod,

AH Siao Spring

HELP SPREAD. I have reached out and am talking to Queensland Tourism Board and other relevant organisations to see if we can do the following for those affected by the Gold Coast Package being cancelled last minute by Lexxus/F1:

1. Get bulk prices for those that still wanna fly

2. Transfer of race entries to next year.

Nothing is confirmed, but if we don't try, we dont know. As we are doing this pro bono, out of voluntary good will, please be patient with us.

All those keen for assistance, email admin@runpilgrim.com with your mobile no. and indicate if you still intend to try to fly over, or if you would like to transfer race entries to next year.

We emphasize again, that nothing is firmed and we are trying our best to help as many runners as possible.

Please share this message to those you know affected.

Temp was 14-22 degrees today. 

Pb by 9 mins though. 

Screenshot_20180701-145710.png

23 hours ago, yh90 said:

Temp was 14-22 degrees today. 

Pb by 9 mins though. 

Congrats bro!

Would love to run in GCAM too if got the chance! Haha.

On 7/2/2018 at 5:06 AM, Hubert84 said:

Congrats bro!

Would love to run in GCAM too if got the chance! Haha.

2019 bro? hahah....

On ‎7‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 10:02 PM, AutumnRunner said:

2019 bro? hahah....

Haha. See how ba bro! If got ppl interested and my time is free, then maybe can.

On 7/17/2018 at 9:06 AM, Hubert84 said:

Haha. See how ba bro! If got ppl interested and my time is free, then maybe can.

yah man... need lots of things to be aligned...understand.... keep running bro... hope to see u again soon in one of the races...