Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

yamkamhoong

CULTRA 2018 [Cameron Ultra-Trail 2018] Sat 28 July - 29th July 2018

On 1/2/2018 at 10:42 AM, beast said:

The rooms for the official hotel is fully sold out.

Anyone cares to share their experience in the booking of accommodation and transportation for this run?

There are a lot of international runners booked the Official Sponsor Hotel. Anyway, accommodation in Cameron Highland are easy to get because there are hotel, Backpacker, motels and homestay nearby the starting points within 500m to a km.

Transportation are easier, you can book a coach ticket to Cameron Highland from Singapore, Gold Miles Complex.

Last year, 2017 Safra organised 2 coaches to Cameron, and a local private coach consist more than 60 runners to Cameron.

Hopefully my info helps.

For your info, Cameron is a nice place to jog.....fresh air and cold. In addition, lot of nice food....

On 1/3/2018 at 3:38 PM, yamkamhoong said:

There are a lot of international runners booked the Official Sponsor Hotel. Anyway, accommodation in Cameron Highland are easy to get because there are hotel, Backpacker, motels and homestay nearby the starting points within 500m to a km.

Transportation are easier, you can book a coach ticket to Cameron Highland from Singapore, Gold Miles Complex.

Last year, 2017 Safra organised 2 coaches to Cameron, and a local private coach consist more than 60 runners to Cameron.

Hopefully my info helps.

For your info, Cameron is a nice place to jog.....fresh air and cold. In addition, lot of nice food....

Yup that is useful. Do you have any recommended places to stay? 

Was thinking more of a flight to KL and then 3 hour bus trip up - Old bones cannot take too long bus rides leh.

On 1/3/2018 at 9:53 PM, Lady Ice said:

@beast - can also check AirBnB.  Have found it pretty useful to find places close to races :D

Link am giving you gives me credit for referring you if you book: www.airbnb.co.uk/c/rchang374

Will consider AIrBnb too...but I am quite noob not sure how your airbnb link works...it didn't give me any recommendations of airbnbs in Cameron...

16 hours ago, beast said:

Yup that is useful. Do you have any recommended places to stay? 

Was thinking more of a flight to KL and then 3 hour bus trip up - Old bones cannot take too long bus rides leh.

Will consider AIrBnb too...but I am quite noob not sure how your airbnb link works...it didn't give me any recommendations of airbnbs in Cameron...

Use it like any search engine. Type the destination you want to go to and try to refine it. Here's what I see from doing a search at Tahan Rata - where the Century Pines Resort is. A lot of places and you can look at the reviews of the place to see what others say. If you can get a group together, worth renting a place for yourself :D So much better than staying in a hotel

image.thumb.png.539a06814c6be7ae02a59cdac31bc310.png

On 1/2/2018 at 10:42 AM, beast said:

The rooms for the official hotel is fully sold out.

Anyone cares to share their experience in the booking of accommodation and transportation for this run?

Dear beast,

Cultra 2018 registration still not yet open, where do you got the information that their partner, Century Pines Resort's accomodation are fully sold out?

Old bones.....are you older than me? Anyway, you can fly "Firefly" from Singapore to Ipoh, then from Ipoh take a coach to Cameron Highland, Tanah Rata is much shorter than taking a coach from KL. Time spend in the bus, is just an hour 

6 hours ago, Top Chan said:

Dear beast,

Cultra 2018 registration still not yet open, where do you got the information that their partner, Century Pines Resort's accomodation are fully sold out?

Old bones.....are you older than me? Anyway, you can fly "Firefly" from Singapore to Ipoh, then from Ipoh take a coach to Cameron Highland, Tanah Rata is much shorter than taking a coach from KL. Time spend in the bus, is just an hour 

If you go to any accommodation booking site, the resort is no longer available during 27-29 July. Not sure if there is mass booking by organizations.

Thanks for the Ipoh tip. I will research more about that. The coach trip from Ipoh seems to be 2 hours rather than 1 though.

4 hours ago, beast said:

If you go to any accommodation booking site, the resort is no longer available during 27-29 July. Not sure if there is mass booking by organizations.

Thanks for the Ipoh tip. I will research more about that. The coach trip from Ipoh seems to be 2 hours rather than 1 though.

Most budgeted runners stays in the Tanah Rata City, around 500m to 800m to the starting point. Last year, I did it. Highlander Hotel where most international runners staying.

The organizers already blocked the accommodation for the ultra runners who wanted to stay at Century Pines Resort. Once registration open, you can book the accommodation together at their partner website.

19 hours ago, yamkamhoong said:

Most budgeted runners stays in the Tanah Rata City, around 500m to 800m to the starting point. Last year, I did it. Highlander Hotel where most international runners staying.

The organizers already blocked the accommodation for the ultra runners who wanted to stay at Century Pines Resort. Once registration open, you can book the accommodation together at their partner website.

Thanks bro. Will keep a lookout when registration is open.

THIS RACE IS VERY HOT!

Good morning Cultrarian,

All of us are on standby mode. Less than 1 hours to go before we open the online registration for 100km & 55km. We finished our slots quite fast last year. If possible we would like to have all of you at the event. However we are limiting the amount of runners in the route to preserve the beauty of Cameron Highlands. We hope you understand.

We are introducing a new format of registration which is by splitting it into 2 days. The action is to ease the traffic congestion and to make it more convenient for all. Just by introducing this formula, we will be cutting the traffic congestion by 50%. We hope to receive full support on this format.

Feel free to pm us if you have any inquiry. Its hard for us to reply on the comment box because we receive hundreds of notifications in a day. Its easier for us to address your inquiry through pm and to keep track of any situation. We will try our very best to answer all messages.

We will share more updates today on our social media platform to assist our runners on the event. Stay tune.

Its a beautiful morning. Be prepared 100km & 55km runners. Be very prepared. WELCOME TO CULTRA 2018.

Regards,

Team BOLT

https://www.cameronultra.com

09497b_f99a900f4e5e4125a74dae0958cf3f2a~mv2.png

09497b_8fa396de78d344618ef86fc571b69911_mv2.png