Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ThePerformanceSeriesSG/

Race dates & venues

• 22 April 2018 (Punggol Waterway)
  • 24 June 2018 (Pasir Ris)
  • 5 August 2018 (Bedok Reservoir)
  • 14 October 2018 (East Coast)

Race Categories

• 10 km Competitive (with timing chip)
  • 10 km Non-competitive (without timing chip)
  • 5 km Competitive (with timing chip)
  • 5 km Non-competitive (without timing chip)

Race Fee

TPS-SG-2018-Competitive-Pricing-1.png

* OPEN CATEGORY: NON-SINGAPOREAN/PR
     CLOSED CATEGORY: SINGAPOREAN/PR

TPS-SG-2018-Non-Competitive-Pricing-1.pn

5a374928c3896_2018TPSEntitlement.thumb.jpg.a22565853ffbec91614e735ede7780cc.jpg

Race Apparel Design

tps-sg-singlets-2018.png

Finisher T-Shirts Design

tps-2018-finisher-tshirts-all.png

Finisher Medals Design (ELM Medals)

29695163_1972216112792104_77231195292025

29683787_1972216126125436_31737503595039

Edited by lonewolf

3 hours ago, beast said:

$60 for 10km? :o

Agree. A bit ex. Even the bundle for $53.10 per race isn't enticing enough. I think a lot of people may bite if it is $200 for the 4 race bundle. 

A lot of people are disappointed that the 21K has been dropped. 

6 hours ago, lonewolf said:

Agree. A bit ex. Even the bundle for $53.10 per race isn't enticing enough. I think a lot of people may bite if it is $200 for the 4 race bundle. 

A lot of people are disappointed that the 21K has been dropped. 

There is the no timing chip option for $49.50 per race bundle pack. But even that is considered expensive to me. 

Also, they are positioning this as a "limited runners" run to allow only 3,500 runners per run. I am just wondering how many will eventually sign up.

• 22 April - Punggol Waterway
  • 24 June - Pasir Ris
  • 5 August - Bedok Reservoir
  • 14 October - East Coast

from email

8 minutes ago, bookie said:
  • 22 April - Punggol Waterway
  • 24 June - Pasir Ris
  • 5 August - Bedok Reservoir
  • 14 October - East Coast

from email

$60 for 10km routes that one can run anytime? Ridiculous.

Lol, past 2 years they were quite imaginative with their running location, Changi Exhibition, Kranji Farm and Malaysian Edition. This year they seems to regress back, the worst part is all of this year event are at East side. 

When I see the locations, all don't need road closure, I know it will disappoint many.

2 hours ago, mover said:

When I see the locations, all don't need road closure, I know it will disappoint many.

They have only themselves to blame.

Increase price and at the same time the "product" quality dropped. How to entice customers to buy from you?

16 hours ago, beast said:

$60 for 10km routes that one can run anytime? Ridiculous.

Lai....i jio you come run 10km with me this weekend at Punggol Waterway. After that, we take the $60 go jiak buffet. I think the $60 will be more well spent like this :lol:

It more for new comer . Every year surely got those runners that have not join any event and just starting to run. 

OMG! :o

Look what I spy with my little eye! ELM Coloured medals!! :bling:

tps-medals-web-front.png

tps-medals-web-back.png

I admit that my interest in the race has suddenly increased! :dribble:

But while the designs for the singlets and finisher tee are nice, I'm still not sure if it's worth paying $53.10 for a 10K race even with coloured ELM medal throw in.  :nea:

Edited by lonewolf

On 25/01/2018 at 10:29 PM, Arvin Tunas said:

Lol, past 2 years they were quite imaginative with their running location, Changi Exhibition, Kranji Farm and Malaysian Edition. This year they seems to regress back, the worst part is all of this year event are at East side. 

They have spent their imagination on their medal designs.

33 minutes ago, lonewolf said:

OMG! :o

Look what I spy with my little eye! ELM Coloured medals!! :bling:

tps-medals-web-front.png

tps-medals-web-back.png

But while the designs for the singlets and finisher tee are nice, I'm still not sure if it's worth paying $53.10 for a 10K race even with coloured ELM medal throw in.  :nea:

On 23/02/2018 at 9:43 PM, lonewolf said:

If you go for the non-competitive 10km then you still get medal + finisher tshirt + singlet and it comes at $49.50 per race for bundle. sounds quite reasonable no? personallu i don't care about the timing, I use my own app anyway for timing haha

Edited by bookie

$200 ($50x4) for 4 coloured ELM medals.... 

I am assuming the Lonewolf Bro has enough running tees so the 4 finisher t-shirts and 4 singlets would be of little value to him... 

On 25/02/2018 at 11:03 AM, bookie said:

If you go for the non-competitive 10km then you still get medal + finisher tshirt + singlet and it comes at $49.50 per race for bundle. sounds quite reasonable no? personallu i don't care about the timing, I use my own app anyway for timing haha

Yeah. I did think about signing up for this but figured it's kind of meaningless. I am one of those (even if I'm probably in the 80th or 90th percentile) would like to know how I fare against my fellow runners. So if the competitive option is there I would like to take it up. But if the discount was a little bigger say $45 per race, I would seriously consider. $49.50 is still too rich for a 10K race IMO.

14 minutes ago, beast said:

$200 ($50x4) for 4 coloured ELM medals.... 

I am assuming the Lonewolf Bro has enough running tees so the 4 finisher t-shirts and 4 singlets would be of little value to him... 

Absolutely correct! Though the finisher tee designs are nice, I have more than enough. Well like I said, ELM medal is a consideration but not the only consideration to sign up for a race. 

4 hours ago, lonewolf said:

I am one of those (even if I'm probably in the 80th or 90th percentile) would like to know how I fare against my fellow runners. So if the competitive option is there I would like to take it up. 

I know this is OFFTOPIC - but I find the official timing of all races quite worthless and useless. Even more so when they use waves, or it takes me 1-2 minutes to even cross start line. Then how to even compare myself with others? So just use my app and try to improve myself over races hah

23 minutes ago, bookie said:

I know this is OFFTOPIC - but I find the official timing of all races quite worthless and useless. Even more so when they use waves, or it takes me 1-2 minutes to even cross start line. Then how to even compare myself with others? So just use my app and try to improve myself over races hah

Well, most races I had attended gave both gun time and nett time with rankings for both. So it's possible to compare your timing with other runners. 

Hmm... Has Pink Apple taken over the management of this race? :unknw: Can't find the info on the main site but at least one running website has listed it as so. Maybe that's why the finisher medals are ELM. 

Edited by lonewolf

Posted (edited)

On 26/02/2018 at 10:33 PM, lonewolf said:

Well, most races I had attended gave both gun time and nett time with rankings for both. So it's possible to compare your timing with other runners. 

Hmm... Has Pink Apple taken over the management of this race? :unknw: Can't find the info on the main site but at least one running website has listed it as so. Maybe that's why the finisher medals are ELM. 

I see Pink Apple listed as their Partner (https://www.theperformanceseries.sg/sponsors-partners/), so I think you are right :)

Interestingly, I also noticed that their Title Sponsor is Garmin... Is this the 1st time Garmin is sponsoring a run event in SG? If so, does that mean that SG is becoming a more important market for Garmin's sports products? :ph34r:

Edited by sicklycat

You may be right about Garmin being a title sponsor for the first time. But I'm not sure if it means anything about Spore becoming a more important market. Probably more a case of Garmin deciding to use part of their marketing budget this year in a different way.

I also didn't know that JRL is the organiser of The Performance Series. :o

Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, lonewolf said:

You may be right about Garmin being a title sponsor for the first time. But I'm not sure if it means anything about Spore becoming a more important market. Probably more a case of Garmin deciding to use part of their marketing budget this year in a different way.

I also didn't know that JRL is the organiser of The Performance Series. :o

That's possible too.

Oh yes, I also noticed JRL as the organiser... I simply assumed they were organisers for last year's as well, was that the case?

Edited by sicklycat