Sign in to follow this  
lonewolf

King of the Trails - 11 Mar, 18 Aug, 22 Sep, 25 Nov

Some critical new information has been provided for the race series.

In support of going environmentally friendly, King of the Trails will be a BYOB (bring your own bottle) race. No cups will be provided at hydration stations. Runners must bring their own water bottles to be refilled at hydration stations during the race.

Seriously?? 80

While I know that at least one member here will be pleased about this decision by the race organiser, I am sure that not everyone will be pleased with this, especially the occasional trail runners who may not have invested in a hydration system. Personally, running with a hydration belt or a water bottle is not the most comfortable thing to do.

Maybe need to consider getting a collapsible cup or the simple hydration bottle if still keen to join the race. 

5 hours ago, lonewolf said:

Some critical new information has been provided for the race series.

Seriously?? 80

While I know that at least one member here will be pleased about this decision by the race organiser, I am sure that not everyone will be pleased with this, especially the occasional trail runners who may not have invested in a hydration system. Personally, running with a hydration belt or a water bottle is not the most comfortable thing to do.

Maybe need to consider getting a collapsible cup or the simple hydration bottle if still keen to join the race. 

Hmm... this race must have been influenced by @Lady Ice... I am one of those who might want to try out trail using this race but might have to bring along a water bottle if i want to run in this race..

8 hours ago, AutumnRunner said:

Hmm... this race must have been influenced by @Lady Ice... I am one of those who might want to try out trail using this race but might have to bring along a water bottle if i want to run in this race..

:thumbsup:

One little lady can't do a lot :innocent: but a whole bunch of Green Ambassadors can make a noise :jump:

Also noted that the rules state:

There will be bins at aid stations, so please keep your trash with you till you are at an aid station. Littering is strictly prohibited and litterers will be disqualified immediately and reported to NEA. Should you see another participant littering, please record their bib number and report it to the command centre at the end of the race.

Lagi - can also report your fellow competitor for littering...after all it is a series and all should abide by the same rules. The challenge is on for all outdoor events to be clean and green. :yahoo:

Edited by Lady Ice

I think to make it litterfree especially for trails is important... cause the non-biodegradable items will always be stuck in the greens... and they will cause other problems to the eco system too... 

On 22/12/2017 at 7:45 PM, AutumnRunner said:

Coney island considered as trail ? Hmm... it' hardened sand with a smooth finish...to the hard-core trail runners, these are considered road...haaa

The trail near the beach area are quite "trail". But it was stated on the website it will be 30% trail 70% road for the first leg. 

Brave decision with the BYOB, I think MSIG AA trail run and green race implemented similar policy too. 

Most of the trail runs that I have taken part (North face, MSIG) are all BYOB,  so it would be wise to invest in a hydration bag. It is not really uncommon if one has taken part in trail runs before.......

Makes sense also doesn't it? By providing paper cups you potentially create more rubbish and inconsiderate runners are likely throw them in the forest areas...

Many trail events in other countries are going cupless for exactly the reason @beast indicates. Too many blur runners who throw rubbish into the long grass/forest areas. Plus they will DQ runners that are found littering.  So excellent that any Sg events that are even partially on trail go cupless.

Yup. Trail must be litter free. Unlike pavements, road and parks, there is no cleaners go into/ u and down trail routes to pick up wrappers and cups. So, no BYO Bottle/Hydration for trail runs. I suspect otherwise, National Parks Board or whatever govt agency won't give approval.

Since I'm generally do 10k , I just carry 1 mineral bottle with me. Longer distance, need hydration pack, lights and fellow participants, please don't throw wrappers on the trails. 10-Q, 10-Q

Edited by kcslchin
amendment

The last few north face is not cupless. One reason why we have to carry our own hydration is there are few water stations in between. For the 25 km, if I counted correctly, only 3 water points from 2 water station. There are cups there. 

Latest update, second and fourth race will be at MacRitchie and third race will be at PULAU UBIN...

Third leg at Pulau Ubin will be starting  after lunch.

Ubin is a very interesting choice. I guess the late flag off is to allow runners to come in waves from the main island to Ubin,  since the boats to Ubin have a limit to the number of passengers it can carry. Runners may likely need to arrive at Changi ferry terminal a few hours earlier in the morning to queue for the boat ride to Ubin.

Having 2 legs at MacRitchie is a  bit of a bummer though. They seriously can't consider other routes like Bukit Timah or Green Corridor?

7 hours ago, thelonelyrunner said:

I guess it is possible that the fourth leg will be running towards Rifle Range Road and along the trail towards the Dairy Farm and U-turn back to MR to clock that 25km distance.

Sorry, off topic. How you embed your Strava report into your signature?

10 hours ago, thelonelyrunner said:

I guess it is possible that the fourth leg will be running towards Rifle Range Road and along the trail towards the Dairy Farm and U-turn back to MR to clock that 25km distance.

Yes should be old North Face 25km route that they have organized before.

On 2/2/2018 at 4:09 PM, Haibei1971 said:

Sep 22 King of Trail 18km

Sep 23 Straits Times Run 18km

If have to choose only one, which one will you choose?

Definitely King of Trail.

1) Sat afternoon which means you won't need to sleep early and get up early

2) How often does one get to run in Ubin?

The biggest draw back for King of Trail is that you have to put in additional hours for travelling all the way to Changi and also waiting for boats. 2pm is also a very bad time to run.

Edited by beast

[KING OF THE TRAILS LEG 1 RACE ENTRY PACK COLLECTION]

Date: 3-4 March 2018, Sat - Sun
Time: 11am - 7pm
Venue: Velocity @ Novena Square (238 Thomson Road, Singapore 307683)

I signed up for bundle leg 1 and 2 . Now want to sign up for leg 3 and 4 in advanced but no such option . 

10 hours ago, mover said:

I signed up for bundle leg 1 and 2 . Now want to sign up for leg 3 and 4 in advanced but no such option . 

Wasn't there an option to sign up for all 4 legs for $199? Why din you sign for the whole bundle? 

Maybe you can try writing to Pink Apple to see if they will accommodate you. :pc: