Sign in to follow this  
lonewolf

King of the Trails - 11 Mar, 18 Aug, 22 Sep, 25 Nov

40 minutes ago, yaoxing said:

Change of dates:

Leg 2: 18 Aug 2018

Leg 4: 25 Nov 2018

Lucky SCMS happen on the 2nd weekend. So still can run on 25Nov 2018, 25km.

On 2/27/2018 at 9:54 PM, lonewolf said:

Wasn't there an option to sign up for all 4 legs for $199? Why din you sign for the whole bundle? 

Maybe you can try writing to Pink Apple to see if they will accommodate you. :pc:

At that time of registration, still unsure whether want to join all the legs.

if i were to park my car, where is the nearest legal parking area (e.g. hdb carpark)? Punggol side or Pasir Ris side? I am planning to do a slow jog to the starting point.

35 minutes ago, thelonelyrunner said:

if i were to park my car, where is the nearest legal parking area (e.g. hdb carpark)? Punggol side or Pasir Ris side? I am planning to do a slow jog to the starting point.

likely Pasir Ris side better, Pasir Ris Ave12, Blk710A HDB carpark. From there, there is a PCN along the canal, ~500 meters to starting point.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Haibei1971 said:

likely Pasir Ris side better, Pasir Ris Ave12, Blk710A HDB carpark. From there, there is a PCN along the canal, ~500 meters to starting point.

Nice! Thank you! :)

8 hours ago, Haibei1971 said:

The PCN will be the best option to the starting area, don't use Pasir Ris Industrial Drive 1, the footpath ends before Pasir Ris Farmway and you have to walk on the road for quite a bit. 

• Like 1

This is a BYOB Run. If I don’t bring any water bottle can I still participant ? It only a 10 km run and I think I can do without water. 

2 hours ago, bookie said:

so i'ts Coney Island trail run :D again

It already expected when they announced the starting point as Pasir Ris Farmway. I cannot find any trail except at Coney Island. The trail at Coney Island also is a easy running route.

On 3/2/2018 at 11:22 AM, mover said:

Lucky SCMS happen on the 2nd weekend. So still can run on 25Nov 2018, 25km.

Now I'm seriously worried about the date of Leg-4: 25th Nov, 2018, hopefully Swissotel Vertical Marathon will not be scheduled on the same day...

Anyone managed to sign up at the King of Trails website for leg 3 and 4? It stated that registration is closed.

Thanks

On 5/16/2018 at 4:46 PM, Elcap said:

Anyone managed to sign up at the King of Trails website for leg 3 and 4? It stated that registration is closed.

Thanks

Nope. Wanted to wait for reviews of Leg 1 then decide but forgot about it.

Another unexpected hot event. Either the number of trail runners have increased, or these events really have limited number of runners.

Posted (edited)

Really unexpected for early closing of registration.

Early bird for leg 3 was supposed to end on 30th July, I thought we still have a lot of time to dilly dally.... 🤣

Edited by Ender

I think they might not get enough people signing up for the first run, I read in whose review there were like less than 1000 participants.

15 hours ago, Arvin Tunas said:

I think they might not get enough people signing up for the first run, I read in whose review there were like less than 1000 participants.

Trail runs typically have a lot less runners than road, especially 10km ones.

Very interesting. 

Still can register for the race on JRL.

Race 3 >> https://connect.justrunlah.com/race-registrations/king-of-the-trails-2018-leg-3-pulau-ubin/

Race 4 >> https://connect.justrunlah.com/race-registrations/king-of-the-trails-2018-leg-4-trail-blazer/

Race 3 + 4 Bundle >> https://connect.justrunlah.com/race-registrations/king-of-the-trails-2018-discounted-bundle-3-and-4/

I tried a mock registration for the bundle and it seems to be accepting registration. Not sure about individual Leg 3 and 4.

So those looking to sign up for this race, maybe can try the above links. Good luck

Completed the Race 2 yesterday morning. Nice weather and interesting route. "A trail race without raining isn't a real trail race..."

It was a just-nice rain...if thunderstorm downpour, ppl might hv a diff mode.   😃

A big mud puddle somewhere in the route, i think most runners got their shoes dirty. 😝

Overall, it was a good TRUE trial run.

35 minutes ago, Haibei1971 said:

It was a just-nice rain...if thunderstorm downpour, ppl might hv a diff mode.   😃

A big mud puddle somewhere in the route, i think most runners got their shoes dirty. 😝

Overall, it was a good TRUE trial run.

13 hours ago, ZZIZZ said:

Completed the Race 2 yesterday morning. Nice weather and interesting route. "A trail race without raining isn't a real trail race..."

It was a good "Introduction to Trail Run" if it could be compared to a book. Not too steep, not too muddy (some people might disagree), not too rocky, and not too much tarmac/concrete. The long stretch of flat rail corridor at the beginning was useful in getting runners warmed up and spreading the crowd out. The most muddy runs I encountered were the Salomon Trail 2012 at Tampines and The North Face 2013 (downpour during the start caused the rail corridor mud to turn creamy, yucks), someone even lost his shoe deep in the mud and was digging for it.

3 hours ago, yaoxing said:

It was a good "Introduction to Trail Run" if it could be compared to a book. Not too steep, not too muddy (some people might disagree), not too rocky, and not too much tarmac/concrete. The long stretch of flat rail corridor at the beginning was useful in getting runners warmed up and spreading the crowd out. The most muddy runs I encountered were the Salomon Trail 2012 at Tampines and The North Face 2013 (downpour during the start caused the rail corridor mud to turn creamy, yucks), someone even lost his shoe deep in the mud and was digging for it.

The tougher the race is, the more excited runners will be... 😆😆😆

So, the difficulty for last Saturday Bukit Timah run is considered to be 'entry level'...😭 Can't imagine the hard-level, I might die half way.

I still didn't recovered from the back pain and sour legs caused by this run, even at a much much slower pace than road HM run. Usually I can get fully recovered in 24 hours after a road HM...

Looks like trial run is really a fierce animal and very different from road run.