Sign in to follow this  
lonewolf

King of the Trails - 11 Mar, 18 Aug, 22 Sep, 25 Nov

k-01877x614.png?crc=372929365

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/kingofthetrails/
Registrationhttps://register.pinkapple.com.sg/cgi-bin/registration/kott2018/prereg.cgi

ABOUT THIS RACE
Race the roads less taken with KING OF THE TRAILS - a championship trail running series event. Pit against not just fellow racers, but also yourself when you run through some of your city's natural landscapes.

The inaugural KING OF THE TRAILS series will take place in Singapore. Conquer the urban jungle across 4 races in 2018, and rise up the ranks on your local leaderboard. Finishers of all 4 events in the series will be rewarded with a "THE TRAIL CONQUERER" medallion. The runner with the lowest average finish time across all legs will emerge "KING OF THE TRAILS 2018".

kott2018%20-%20difficulty-01.png?crc=402

kott2018-151265x1258.png?crc=91390910

Runner's Entitlement

n-16-crop-u81735.png?crc=3892624766n-17-crop-u98675.png?crc=266145395

n-18-crop-u98739.png?crc=237400116n-19-crop-u98803.png?crc=50381551

THE TRAIL CONQUERER

n-03.png?crc=4115125820

FINISHERS OF ALL 4 EVENTS IN THE SERIES WILL BE REWARDED WITH A “THE TRAIL CONQUERER” MEDALLION AND AN EXCLUSIVE KING OF THE TRAILS JACKET. TERMS & CONDITIONS APPLY.

[COMMENT] Another racing series for the new year. After the Performance Series and the disastrous Runners League,  I wonder if anyone has the appetite to sign up for another 4 race series, especially when details are so sketchy. No details on price, entitlements, locations and probably most crucially, who the race organiser is.  

[UPDATE]  I can now confirm that Pink Apple is indeed the race organiser for this series. :jump:Spotted on Pink Apple Facebook page. 

24231880_1694196000614172_81500534206955

Edited by lonewolf

race name so like king of the road by adidas...that was discontinued many years ago...rmbr the saga then??? hahaha

1 hour ago, kasyes said:

race name so like king of the road by adidas...that was discontinued many years ago...rmbr the saga then??? hahaha

What was the saga ah? Care to refresh the old mind? I recall KOTR was held in a few Asian cities. It was like 16.8km.

1 hour ago, okw said:

What was the saga ah? Care to refresh the old mind? I recall KOTR was held in a few Asian cities. It was like 16.8km.

I wouldn't call it a saga. The last edition of the race was canceled due to Cat V weather.  

The medal was posted to participants with a promise of a discount for the next edition of the race. But the next edition of the race never materalised as the series was discontinued. 

21 hours ago, AutumnRunner said:

Note that the distances all differs and stretches all the way to 25km... and also the last 2 races are in Oct and Nov (1 month away only)....

Yeah. I read about that too.

And if the last race is really 25K and if they are basically using the TNF route, then the same hydration requirement for that race will be enforced like the mandatory use of hydration belt/bag. 

Hopefully, they will firm up all the details before accepting bundle registration. Cos unless you are a regular trail runner, you're not going to invest in a hydration bag or belt. And it would really sux to sign up the bundle and learn later you need a mandatory equipment which you may not have. 

Is it true that they were accepting bundle registration at the SCSM expo? Anyone has the details of the price of the bundle? 

8 hours ago, lonewolf said:

Yeah. I read about that too.

And if the last race is really 25K and if they are basically using the TNF route, then the same hydration requirement for that race will be enforced like the mandatory use of hydration belt/bag. 

Hopefully, they will firm up all the details before accepting bundle registration. Cos unless you are a regular trail runner, you're not going to invest in a hydration bag or belt. And it would really sux to sign up the bundle and learn later you need a mandatory equipment which you may not have. 

Is it true that they were accepting bundle registration at the SCSM expo? Anyone has the details of the price of the bundle? 

That's true... runners like me who seldom got on the trails will be more cautious and maybe register 1 event at a time.. 

For me, 
I have grown wiser not to sign up package for inaugural runs, the the runner leagues experience.

10 hours ago, Ender said:

For me, 
I have grown wiser not to sign up package for inaugural runs, the the runner leagues experience.

I would if all the details are out and there are savings in signing up the bundle. Having Pink Apple as a race organiser is definitely more reassuring than some other upstart. 

42 minutes ago, lonewolf said:

I would if all the details are out and there are savings in signing up the bundle. Having Pink Apple as a race organiser is definitely more reassuring than some other upstart. 

Previously I sgined up for the inaugural "The PErformance Series" . All 4 running legs were well organised. After this good experience, came Runners League, and you guys know the story. That, had shaken my confidence.

Pink Apple is still gamble. Not all their runs were well organise, but there're some that were really good, like the Energizer run which both my son and I really missed.

I will also wait and see if more detail coming out. But I am just interested in running the 18km and 25 km. The 10 or 13 distance is equivalent to a macritichie loop which many trail runners are doing that on their weekends.

I didn't see this during the SCMS Race expo. Was there even a Pink Apple booth? Or was it from Compressport booth? 

Price will be the main deciding factor for me. If they are going to use TNF pricing nobody is going to sign up. A reasonable package price will be about $150 but got a feeling it will be closer to $200 - if that is the case probably just signing up for the 25km. Also no need so many running tees which will be part of the fees we pay.

I'm curious about the venue and routes across the 4 legs. Will it be 4 routes with no overlap? That will be interesting.

On 12/11/2017 at 12:14 PM, beast said:

I didn't see this during the SCMS Race expo. Was there even a Pink Apple booth? Or was it from Compressport booth?  

It was at Pink Apple booth, not very prominent though, you could easily walk past without noticing it. 

On 12/12/2017 at 12:44 PM, Arvin Tunas said:

It was at Pink Apple booth, not very prominent though, you could easily walk past without noticing it. 

I remember seeing the king if the trails poster.. somehow just didn't attract me to go in..

35 minutes ago, AutumnRunner said:

I remember seeing the king if the trails poster.. somehow just didn't attract me to go in..

Coz you not trail runner mah...

On 12/12/2017 at 12:44 PM, Arvin Tunas said:

Yah I didnt... would have stopped for a while if I saw there was one...

Registration opened and more info has been released and updated in the 1st post.

The 4 dates for the race has now been confirmed to be 11 Mar, 1 Jul, 22 Sep and 18 Nov.

The 2nd leg is amended to 10K instead of 13K.

The 1st leg venue will be Pasir Ris Coast Industrial Park 6. The 2nd Leg will be held in the East.

There is no information on 3rd and 4th Leg. Based on the distance, I will guess Leg 3 will be held at Mandai (where the Energizer Night trail used to be held). The last race will probably use the old TNF100 route so probably will start at MacRitchie? 

There are 2 bundles available. The 1st bundle for the 1st 2 race is for $90, a saving of $10 off the early bird rates.

The bundle of 4 races saves you $16 off the early bird. 

There is no mention of any mandatory hydration requirement for Leg 3 and Leg 4 in the FAQ. 

Leg 1 will likely incorporate Coney Island and Lorong Halus area. 

Some weird feeling that leg 2 will be at Bedok Reservoir.

Mandai looks interesting though. 

There's a race day collection, quite nice.

Looking at the prices, I suppose there isn't much cost savings between taking the races separately or in a bundle, as well as early rate and normal rate. 

So I guess there won't be any urgency to sign up so early and be committed to the runs.

Also will be monitoring Race 1 in terms of logistics management before deciding if I should sign up for Race 3 and 4.

On 20/12/2017 at 11:33 AM, Arvin Tunas said:

Leg 1 will likely incorporate Coney Island and Lorong Halus area. 

Some weird feeling that leg 2 will be at Bedok Reservoir.

Mandai looks interesting though. 

There's a race day collection, quite nice.

Coney island considered as trail ? Hmm... it' hardened sand with a smooth finish...to the hard-core trail runners, these are considered road...haaa