Sign in to follow this  
Gusluk

Amazing Thailand Marathon Bangkok 2018

Run past some of Bangkok’s most iconic landmarks in the Amazing Thailand Marathon Bangkok 2018

Amazing Thailand Marathon Bangkok 2018

Approximately 30,000 runners from all around the world are expected to join the first edition of the Amazing Thailand Marathon Bangkok presented by Toyota, which is set to take place on February 4, 2018.

The event is being organised under a five-year agreement between IRONMAN, the Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) and Thailand Tri-League.

The Amazing Thailand Marathon Bangkok 2018 presented by Toyota will enable runners of all abilities the opportunities to choose from four different race distances: Marathon (42.195km), Half-Marathon (21.1km), 10km and a Family Fun Run (4km).

The event will start with a Sports and Lifestyle Expo at Bangkok Airport Rail Link, from February 1-3, 2018. The Family Fun Run will take place on 3 February, on a 4km route packed with entertainment around the Airport Rail Link.

On Sunday, February 4, marathon runners will start their race at 2:30 a.m. from Rajamangala Stadium, while half-marathon and 10km participants will begin their day near the Democracy Monument at 5 a.m. and 6 a.m., respectively.

The event will feature a unique city-centric course that will take runners past some of Bangkok’s amazing landmarks such as the Victory Monument, King Rama V Monument, and Rama VIII Bridge before heading to the finish line at the Democracy Monument.

Organisers have worked with local authorities in order to offer runners an exceptional race experience – an early morning flag-off for cooler conditions and full road closures for a safe run. Runners will be encouraged all along the route by entertainment performances.

prices.jpg

23167899_1619417454775415_1110284129201161932_n.png

23231521_1619417308108763_2366290197767034290_n.png

23231126_1619417148108779_7947745637591093557_n.png

23172447_1619417231442104_3251141396537834174_n.png

Too tempting, too difficult to resist!! I've just signed up for the FM distance. This will be my maiden overseas FM. 

SAWADEEKAP!!!!!

On 11/17/2017 at 1:58 AM, jerrylam said:

Too tempting, too difficult to resist!! I've just signed up for the FM distance. This will be my maiden overseas FM. 

SAWADEEKAP!!!!!

nice... come back to Sg and you will be rewarded with Lunar CNY goodies...

16 hours ago, Gusluk said:

I wish they didnt put cheesy line "unforgettable marathon" accross the shirt though. 

true. 

The route looks tempting, but then no lah no budget for another overseas race

those up for it should attempt this marathon n tnf thailand...both r on same weekend..of course, tnf is on 3 Feb sat...

tnf is at khaoyai...transport wise, think they got a shuttle to bkk after the race...tnf thailand is challenging, definitely more elevation than sg, hk is definitely tougher in terms of elevation. .n have interesting categories 10k..25k..50k...75k...100km...50 + 42 possible for those up n elite...

Edited by kasyes

I booked my accommodation from 2-4 Feb at Prime Hotel Central Station Bangkok, which is right opposite the main train station in central Bangkok. It's only costing me $67/night. It's not near the starting point, but it's quite close to the finishing point. I'll just Grab a car to the starting point at Rajamangala Stadium. 

• Like 1

On 11/19/2017 at 11:04 PM, jerrylam said:

FM registration, done! Flight, booked! Accommodation, paid! 

Bangkok, see you next February!!!!

sibei fast leh you... fast hand fast leg.... you must have like Bkk a lot...

14 hours ago, AutumnRunner said:

sibei fast leh you... fast hand fast leg.... you must have like Bkk a lot...

Maiden overseas FM, i kan cheong mahhh....book early also get all the cheap rates for flight and accommodation ;)

2 hours ago, jerrylam said:

Maiden overseas FM, i kan cheong mahhh....book early also get all the cheap rates for flight and accommodation ;)

Solid! First oversea run!! It is always memorable in e first time. 

Enjoy ur race. It feel like a sundown though for e start time. 

3 hours ago, delldell314 said:

Solid! First oversea run!! It is always memorable in e first time. 

Enjoy ur race. It feel like a sundown though for e start time. 

Thanks bro! Yeah, first time is always the most anticipated. I'm treating it as Sundown BKK hahaha

On 11/22/2017 at 1:46 AM, jerrylam said:

Thanks bro! Yeah, first time is always the most anticipated. I'm treating it as Sundown BKK hahaha

I am assuming your family is going with you... remember to prep well for the race so that you can still continue to enjoy the trip with them after that... hahhah....

3 hours ago, AutumnRunner said:

I am assuming your family is going with you... remember to prep well for the race so that you can still continue to enjoy the trip with them after that... hahhah....

I'll be flying off to BKK late Friday evening after work. And flying back on Sunday afternoon right after the race. Too rush for a family trip. I'll be traveling solo. 

3 hours ago, jerrylam said:

I'll be flying off to BKK late Friday evening after work. And flying back on Sunday afternoon right after the race. Too rush for a family trip. I'll be traveling solo. 

Wah!! Fly in Friday fly out Sunday just like how the elites would do it!!!! Hahaha

21 hours ago, jerrylam said:

Wah... this means not taking any leave at all...steady...

On 11/23/2017 at 4:25 PM, prisangel said:

Wah!! Fly in Friday fly out Sunday just like how the elites would do it!!!! Hahaha

Travel like an elite. But i run like a noob hahaha

7 hours ago, AutumnRunner said:

Wah... this means not taking any leave at all...steady...

Can't afford to take leaves for short races like this....saving them for more important ones. 

On 24/11/2017 at 5:35 PM, jerrylam said:

Can't afford to take leaves for short races like this....saving them for more important ones. 

More important races?  Wah next year gonna be big for u huh..

9 hours ago, AutumnRunner said:

More important races?  Wah next year gonna be big for u huh..

More important ones are actually the more torturous ones...ultras. Will need to take extra day off to recuperate, so saving my leaves hahaha

1 hour ago, jerrylam said:

More important ones are actually the more torturous ones...ultras. Will need to take extra day off to recuperate, so saving my leaves hahaha

Actually should take one day to recuperate, this being a sundown so you will be exhausted after the run due to lack of sleep. 

If you finish in 5 hours, means you will reach back hotel around 10am, and room check out is 12pm, so you won't have much time to rest and have to rush to the airport.

Even if you don't want to stay 1 more day in bangkok, should take the Monday off to rest at home.

2 hours ago, beast said:

Actually should take one day to recuperate, this being a sundown so you will be exhausted after the run due to lack of sleep. 

If you finish in 5 hours, means you will reach back hotel around 10am, and room check out is 12pm, so you won't have much time to rest and have to rush to the airport.

Even if you don't want to stay 1 more day in bangkok, should take the Monday off to rest at home.

That was initially the plan, but accumulating my leaves for CNY. Will access my condition once i'm back in Sg. If really cannot take it, will take urgent leave on Monday. Thanks bro.

On 28/11/2017 at 10:17 AM, jerrylam said:

Good.... ensure u are 100% recovered....