Sign in to follow this  
Gusluk

Amazing Thailand Marathon Bangkok 2018

On 11/17/2017 at 4:58 PM, jerrylam said:

Too tempting, too difficult to resist!! I've just signed up for the FM distance. This will be my maiden overseas FM. 

SAWADEEKAP!!!!!

It'll be organised by Ironman. Please let us know any difference with SCSM. :P

12 minutes ago, K!m said:

It'll be organised by Ironman. Please let us know any difference with SCSM. :P

I was confident with their organization after a good SCSM 2016, thus i signed up for this. But after the whole debacle yesterday, i'm getting all the jitters now :phew:

On 23/11/2017 at 1:19 PM, jerrylam said:

I'll be flying off to BKK late Friday evening after work. And flying back on Sunday afternoon right after the race. Too rush for a family trip. I'll be traveling solo. 

Aiya.. honestly too near cny n cant afford to.. if not can ask if u ok if can join in n share accommodation cost... 

Main cost overseas race is always flight n hotel.

On 11/20/2017 at 4:34 PM, jerrylam said:

I booked my accommodation from 2-4 Feb at Prime Hotel Central Station Bangkok, which is right opposite the main train station in central Bangkok. It's only costing me $67/night. It's not near the starting point, but it's quite close to the finishing point. I'll just Grab a car to the starting point at Rajamangala Stadium. 

Bro, did u check if this Hotel is clean or not? haha...many Thailand hotel are rumored to have ghost haha...

4 hours ago, delldell314 said:

Aiya.. honestly too near cny n cant afford to.. if not can ask if u ok if can join in n share accommodation cost... 

Main cost overseas race is always flight n hotel.

I'm traveling alone, booked a twin room...feel free to bunk in. Just register for the race and book your flight ^_^

2 hours ago, AdiZero said:

Bro, did u check if this Hotel is clean or not? haha...many Thailand hotel are rumored to have ghost haha...

Bro, mai scare me lehhhh! First, Ironman being the organizer was a blessing turned nightmare. Now hotel also getting scary :startle:

7 hours ago, jerrylam said:

Bro, mai scare me lehhhh! First, Ironman being the organizer was a blessing turned nightmare. Now hotel also getting scary :startle:

haha..just joking ar Bro, enjoy the run !!

10 hours ago, jerrylam said:

hahaha..... Don't worry... i believe BKK still pretty ok la..

Limpeh tempted sia...

race pack collection how ah?

never did overseas run before 

need carry passport run? 

Edited by stalky79

1 hour ago, stalky79 said:

Limpeh tempted sia...

race pack collection how ah?

never did overseas run before 

need carry passport run? 

Race pack collection same like any other collection, looks like to be at Makkasan Station which is accessible by metro or airport link. 

No need to carry passport, perhaps want to bring some photo id with you. 

One thing I learn about running an overseas race, need to plan how to get to and from the race. 

2 hours ago, Arvin Tunas said:

Race pack collection same like any other collection, looks like to be at Makkasan Station which is accessible by metro or airport link. 

No need to carry passport, perhaps want to bring some photo id with you. 

One thing I learn about running an overseas race, need to plan how to get to and from the race. 

no need bring passport to run... u can place it in the safe in hotel... or maybe at the concierge if you are really worried... 

In the blink of an eye, this race is happening this weekend. Can't wait to finally fly off for my first overseas FM. 

If you do a Google search you will see that this year's edition is happening THIS WEEKEND.