lonewolf

Income Eco Run 2018 - 29 Apr (Sun)

Last year i did my runs all in 10KM. Did my 2nd HM today since starting of this year. Quite pleased with my timing today in view of humid morning. Kept going to water point to quench my thirst.

My only negative was Marina Barrage  was packed with 10KM runners. Other than that i.m still not clocking enough mileage in training which led to clamps in last few KM. 

Being a noobie, will learn from this experience & hopefully a better HM at Sundown next.

14 hours ago, lonewolf said:

AR, some comments about your report. Ehh.. incomplete leh. What is #problem 5?? WTH did you hear?? And how come got 2 #problem 5 one? :fish:

#Problem 2: Merger. I think you miss out the part just before sports hub where the HM/10K also merge.  I thought that merger pt was a bigger issue since the PCN route there is very narrow. The 8K pt you mentioned (more like 7K) was not too bad IMO. It starts from the start of Marina Barrage bridge to just under the Helix Bridge. The path there is reasonable wide. 

#Problem 4: Water refill. Not sure if you noticed but at the hydration point, the last table has a big tub of 100plus for refill of water bottles. 1.5L of water are also placed there. 

Thanks @lonewolf...

Removed the 1st Problem 5.. forgotten what it was and must have been something not so important..

Added in the updates to problem 4...

The merging i dun face any issue just before sports hub. So i didn't add it in... 

54 minutes ago, AutumnRunner said:

Thanks @lonewolf...

Removed the 1st Problem 5.. forgotten what it was and must have been something not so important..

Added in the updates to problem 4...

The merging i dun face any issue just before sports hub. So i didn't add it in... 

Hmmm bro wasn't your blog supposed to collate issues faced by others also...

I remembered for another run (can't remember which one, maybe its SCMS?) you changed your blog entry because you wanted to collated lonewolf and others feedback into your blog, even though you didn't experience these issues yourself.......at that time we thought it was weird to do that...

So your blog actually does not have consistency hahaha..... 

Ran the HM. I like that it is less crowded compared to 2xu (will skip it next year) which seems to attract more younger runners. The route seems longer and generally wider (at least they close the lane outside the Fullerton) than 2xu. I don't like sharp turns like the zig-zag on the promontory and the unexpected detour around the grand stand at the floating platform. Felt more tired this time as didn't taper and distance a bit off-sync from my sundown FM preparation

4 hours ago, beast said:

I think the most consistent thing about bro AR is his lack of inconsistency  :crazysmile:

But it's not an issue lah. I think it's perfectly fine how he wants to write his blog entry. And whether he wants to incorporate other issues he did not face or not. ^_^

7 hours ago, beast said:

I remembered for another run (can't remember which one, maybe its SCMS?) you changed your blog entry because you wanted to collated lonewolf and others feedback into your blog, even though you didn't experience these issues yourself.......at that time we thought it was weird to do that...

Ya man... that's why I were considering to put in my own feel only... so now I dunno which way to go.. cause both ways also have feedback...haaa

2 hours ago, lonewolf said:

I think the most consistent thing about bro AR is his lack of inconsistency  :crazysmile:

But it's not an issue lah. I think it's perfectly fine how he wants to write his blog entry. And whether he wants to incorporate other issues he did not face or not. ^_^

That sounds like an uphill task but i still made it...haaa.... 

For major issues which many complain about but I didn't face it...i will still write..e.g: baggage deposit for SCSM...

On 4/29/2018 at 4:56 PM, kcslchin said:

I saw a few water stations where runners with bottles were asking volunteers to fill their bottles. I think it's best fill from the water dispenser or go further down the H2O or 100Plus tables instead of holding up the queue of runers waiting for cups of drinks to be filled while 1L bottles were being filled from the 1L mineral water bottles or 100Plus 'plastic jars' - that's my response to Stalky about 'rude volunteer'

What irony! If it’s as what you said (runners with own bottles are holding up the queue), isn’t this a zero waste race? what is the point of asking runners to bring their own water bottle for the race when the volunteers are not going to top up the bottle? They are basically squeezing the water from the big water bottle into the cups or pouring from the flask, how different is that from pouring it into our bottles?

Let me write to the organizer and see what is their response to this.

Managed quite a decent time at the race yesterday morning... this was perhaps the most humid race I've ran in a while, v little breeze too. I finished the race totally dehydrated and my shoes were soaked through hahaha

The part of the route around Marina Bay Golf Course was really a psychological challenge especially as it was still quite dark when I reached that part. 

My only complaint is that the water point along Tanjong Rhu (just after turning across the bridge from OCBC Sports Hub) was in the middle of a muddy, uneven grass patch. Decided to give it a miss as I didn't want to risk a sprained ankle --- or worse, muddy shoes! 

eco run.png

Every race I brought my own bottle. In 2016 and 2017, the volunteers at the water station refused to pass me the 1.5litre of mineral water or isotonic drink to top up my empty bottle. They asked me to use the half-filled cups instead, saying it was not hygeniic for me to fill my bottle with their bottle (even at half full or less). So instead of saving the drinking cups, I used more cups.  There are always other races. Hence, this year I joined the 50hrs Non-Stop Run where I paid less than half price of EcoRun and ran double the distance; finished the 43km with satisfaction. Now preparing for Perlis Marathon. 

On 4/30/2018 at 10:03 AM, beast said:

Hahahahaha!! Exactly what I was thinking too!! 😂

On 5/1/2018 at 7:52 AM, sicklycat said:

Hahahahaha!! Exactly what I was thinking too!! 😂

thanks hor sis............. 😓

On 4/30/2018 at 7:08 PM, stalky79 said:

What irony! If it’s as what you said (runners with own bottles are holding up the queue), isn’t this a zero waste race? what is the point of asking runners to bring their own water bottle for the race when the volunteers are not going to top up the bottle? They are basically squeezing the water from the big water bottle into the cups or pouring from the flask, how different is that from pouring it into our bottles?

Let me write to the organizer and see what is their response to this.

The irony is that this is a race that provides cups. A real zero waste race does not provide cups at all. This event also announces it recycles all the cups used and I saw volunteers with cans collecting safety pins from runners after the race. 

Pouring water into cups takes less than 5 seconds. Runners bottles being filled take 10 secs or more. It was holding up the queue AND at most water stops, I saw people grabbing the water refill bottles from the volunteers and filling up their water bottles and I was looking for water but saw empty cups with no water on table.

On my personal jogs, I always carry own bottle. Some events that do not provide cups, I bring my own bottle. But this event provides cups. And majority did not bring own hydration container. 

My observation is that the people with bottle were holding up the runners looking for hydration at water points. To call the volunteers ‘rude’ is unwarranted, as I looked at them having to pour water into bottles with narrow necks instead of cups and taking longer to pour longer to fill up the bottles. I also saw 1L bottles snatched from volunteers who did not say anything back. I salute these volunteers. I’m sure there are also other runners who saw the big 1L bottles discarded as litter with a lot of water in it. What a waste!

As a 3hr plus finisher, I had lots of time to observe much of the going on and really, those with their own bottles should not do what I observed on Sunday. That’s the true irony.

Posted (edited)

From a runner (not a zero waste) pov, this race is rather well organized and the volunteers done their job well. Zero complaint from me. If they can set the climate control for the humidity, that would be perfect. 

Edited by Ender

Runcapture on facebook has some photos of this run. Anyone knows other photographer taking this run pictures?

3 hours ago, Gusluk said:

Runcapture on facebook has some photos of this run. Anyone knows other photographer taking this run pictures?

Try the usual, runningshots, run gallery sg.

Anymore site I am not aware off? 

12 hours ago, Gusluk said:

Runcapture on facebook has some p

runningshots has plenty of pictures taken during the race...