lonewolf

Income Eco Run 2018 - 29 Apr (Sun)

Wow I always thought this goodie bag would be filled with goodies since probably sponsored by ntuc fair price. Looks like one advantage of this race is gone. 

17 hours ago, wonderfulblevic said:

Wow I always thought this goodie bag would be filled with goodies since probably sponsored by ntuc fair price. Looks like one advantage of this race is gone. 

you mix up with the NTUC Walk ar? This is NTUC Income (insurance arm)...

32 minutes ago, medic said:

you mix up with the NTUC Walk ar? This is NTUC Income (insurance arm)...

Haha could be. But this always been my impression. Haven’t taken part in Income run for quite a few years already. 

On 15/04/2018 at 10:47 AM, wonderfulblevic said:

It is the way that all races will go :D  Events in the US/Europe starting to provide e-goodie bags.  The UN is asking all nations to look at reducing the amount of plastic packaging. Watch Blue Planet to see how damaging it all is. Litter kills.

23 hours ago, AutumnRunner said:

wow... a very detailed report about the REPC... so future races also will be this format? 

This is a detailed REPC because there are specific things to report for this REPC. I don't think she will blog about every REPC for every run that she is attending.

On 22/04/2018 at 12:16 PM, AutumnRunner said:

wow... a very detailed report about the REPC... so future races also will be this format? 

Thanks Autumn.

Nope not all races will be like this. Otherwise it'll be too much clutter. I'll only blog about specific REPCs - as beast says.

On 4/23/2018 at 11:38 AM, beast said:

This is a detailed REPC because there are specific things to report for this REPC. I don't think she will blog about every REPC for every run that she is attending.

You are right.... 

Lol, some people can run but can’t managed their time... come late in wave 2 still wanna quarrel with the staffs preventing them from going wave 1

1 hour ago, stalky79 said:

Lol, some people can run but can’t managed their time... come late in wave 2 still wanna quarrel with the staffs preventing them from going wave 1

Didn't know this race has waves... 

Waiting in the 10km pen.. starting time delayed for 10mins.. sigh...

This morning is humid. Whole body drench with sweat early in the race. 

Knn, met a rude volunteer at 16km hydration point, he pouring water into cup, I open my bottle cap ask him pour water he tell me go next table pour myself... lol

Very humid today, gave up running after 5km. Towards the finish line one 10km runner collapsed in front of me. I went to check on him with another runner, and shouted for medic to come. The runner was already looking like collapsing for some time but he was too far ahead of me to do anything to prevent him from collapsing. He was brought up the ambulance after that.

Just now, yaoxing said:

Very humid today, gave up running after 5km. Towards the finish line one 10km runner collapsed in front of me. I went to check on him with another runner, and shouted for medic to come. The runner was already looking like collapsing for some time but he was too far ahead of me to do anything to prevent him from collapsing. He was brought up the ambulance after that.

Oh dear ... hope he is ok. 

Heard the ambulance twice at the finishing line after my race. 

Started in th 2nd wave of HM after being stuck stuck in toilet pre-race queue for 15-20 mins, the. Realise there are more toilets with much shorter queue near start pen.

Generally, the race wasn’t too crowded after first 1 - 2k. Need to siam some laggers from 1st wave but not much of a issue for me.  Brought my own bottle, had no problem getting them refilled at the stations. Certain stretches of 21k course are quite dark and narrow and too many u-turns, other than that quite well sign-posted with volunteers at critical junctions.

Can’t comment on finisher t shirts and medals as  I signed up as zero waste runner. But appreciated the massage and ice-cream at welfare areas. 

To me, it was pretty well-organised race with not too big a crowd. 

Looks like not too crowded.  I was doing my own run this morning and it was a bit awkward to be the only runner running in the opposite direction at the park connector from ECP to Gardens by the Bay East.  Tried to keep to the side as much as possible.

7 hours ago, stalky79 said:

I saw that guy also, what a self entitled jerk. I can understand if you are elite otherwise get in line. 

Didn't have a good race, mostly through my own fault pushing way too hard right in the beginning. Run itself okay and well organised, nothing much different from last year. Path was quite open, though the turn around at fort road was bit disheartening. Some water station was overwhelmed and they should get more long table but otherwise okay. Meet similar experience with the water bottle refilling thing, I guess it was hygienic issue.

Reaching underneath Helix Bridge there was a 10K runner on the verge of collapse and being held on by his friend, helped to hold him from the other side. His friend claimed he was okay and just need fresh air. The guy was delirious and in no condition to continue the race, decided not to argue with them and approach the nearest staff/volunteer to take care. I hope that guy ok, though looking back, perhaps I should be more forceful in rendering assistance. 

It is now in the most humid and hottest season in Singapore, that might be the root cause some runners collapsed in the run.

1 hour ago, Arvin Tunas said:

I saw that guy also, what a self entitled jerk. I can understand if you are elite otherwise get in line. 

Didn't have a good race, mostly through my own fault pushing way too hard right in the beginning. Run itself okay and well organised, nothing much different from last year. Path was quite open, though the turn around at fort road was bit disheartening. Some water station was overwhelmed and they should get more long table but otherwise okay. Meet similar experience with the water bottle refilling thing, I guess it was hygienic issue.

Reaching underneath Helix Bridge there was a 10K runner on the verge of collapse and being held on by his friend, helped to hold him from the other side. His friend claimed he was okay and just need fresh air. The guy was delirious and in no condition to continue the race, decided not to argue with them and approach the nearest staff/volunteer to take care. I hope that guy ok, though looking back, perhaps I should be more forceful in rendering assistance. 

Haha I was right at the front of wave 2. There was a New Balance athlete who came late. I think he managed to get through to the front after some calls by the organisers. 

Ya saw that other guy trying to get his way across too. Alamak. 

I had a painful HM. Totally my fault for not clocking the miles in training and the weekend before was rained out without any run. So both my 2nd toes are bruised and aching. My 2 colleagues stopped with knee and foot injuries and DNF, walking back to Stadium MRT to go home.

I saw a few water stations where runners with bottles were asking volunteers to fill their bottles. I think it's best fill from the water dispenser or go further down the H2O or 100Plus tables instead of holding up the queue of runers waiting for cups of drinks to be filled while 1L bottles were being filled from the 1L mineral water bottles or 100Plus 'plastic jars' - that's my response to Stalky about 'rude volunteer'

It was truly a humid morning. I was glad I was well hydrated before the run. Pity I forgot to eat something (another mistake I made). Puntured after 7km, I literally walked to the end, more or less with my ankles and toes progressively feeling more and more painful with every step i took. Another tip - must trim toe nails before a long run...

Sigh....me amateur runner mistakes and finished more than 20 mins slower than my 2017 Run350 HM time

😢😭

2 hours ago, AutumnRunner said:

Completed  the 10km race today in a hot and humid morning. Not the best weather to run a race but still, completed.

Managed to sum up a total of 5 problems this year... Enjoy the read~

https://autumnrunner.wordpress.com/2018/04/29/race-review-income-eco-run-2018-10km/

AR, some comments about your report. Ehh.. incomplete leh. What is #problem 5?? WTH did you hear?? And how come got 2 #problem 5 one? :fish:

#Problem 2: Merger. I think you miss out the part just before sports hub where the HM/10K also merge.  I thought that merger pt was a bigger issue since the PCN route there is very narrow. The 8K pt you mentioned (more like 7K) was not too bad IMO. It starts from the start of Marina Barrage bridge to just under the Helix Bridge. The path there is reasonable wide. 

#Problem 4: Water refill. Not sure if you noticed but at the hydration point, the last table has a big tub of 100plus for refill of water bottles. 1.5L of water are also placed there.