lonewolf

Income Eco Run 2018 - 29 Apr (Sun)

masthead.jpg

Date: 29 April 2018 (Sunday)
Time: 5am - 10am
Venue: Marina Bay

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/IncomeEcoRun/
Registration: https://reg5.digitalracesolutions.com.sg/cgi-bin/registration/ecorun2018/prereg.cgi

5a04029641b30_2018-04-28IncomeEcoRunFee1.jpg.484c8b5fb4f0dd43e1756da6001e85ac.jpg5a0406b79ffd9_2018-04-28IncomeEcoRunFee1a.thumb.jpg.80d2cf4e575f2a26503323088e8a3ad5.jpg

*NTUC Membership is non-transferable. NTUC Membership cards cannot be used to register for non-members
** To enjoy preferential rates, either the child or his/her parent/guardian must be an Income Policyholder or NTUC member
#Loyal Runner refers to participants of the NTUC Income Run 350 2016 and Income Eco Run 2017

10km Mixed Team Category^ 
• Minimum 1 female per team is required
• All team members are to complete the 10km race route
• Participants in this category are only eligible for the team prizes and will not qualify for prizes for the individual categories
• The team’s timing will be based on the combined “Gun time” of all 4 participants
• To enjoy Income Policyholder or NTUC Member rates, the team member registering on behalf of the team must be an Income Policyholder or NTUC member

Runner's Entitlements

5a0402646e256_2018-04-28IncomeEcoRunEnt0.thumb.jpg.6430e6731d49417d6f4e8da3cf838420.jpg

28872440_10156133914620629_1961738163864

26734488_10155977162135629_9826099293208

Race Routes

route-21km.jpg

route-10km.jpg

route-5km.jpg

Race Pack Collection

Date:    14 April 2018, Saturday - 15 April 2018, Sunday
Time:    11am to 7pm
Venue:    F1 Pit Building, 1 Republic Boulevard, #02-03, Singapore 038975

[Comment] Frankly, they should offer a higher discount to the zero waste runner. A $4 discount will not entice or attract the 'fence sitter' to move over to the 'Green' side. I think a $10 discount would be a reasonable amount. More would probably opt to be a zero waster runner if the discount is higher. Also, the venus is indicated as Marina Bay and not F1 building. Not sure about the exact location but probably the Float. 

Edited by lonewolf

3 minutes ago, AutumnRunner said:

I felt that last year's race has a decline in the number of runners... actually over the years... wonder if the following year will be worse...

Still need to feel? :fish:

I thot I posted a chart in another thread to highlight the drop in the no of runners? (Think it was the CSC Run)

Here's a repost 59d320941078a_RaceAttendance2013-1702.thumb.jpg.7eadf3535e04bc97caa22803dd13d901.jpg

(Note: The above chart based on the numbers are the number of finishers for each race category. Those with '0' either indicate that the race was cancelled/not organised, the number of finishers was not available or I did not participate. )

Edited by lonewolf

14 hours ago, verbatin1969 said:

i hold NTUC union card (white color) where i receive 4% yearly rebates from purchases NTUC fairprice. May i know is that considered NTUC member?

Yup! Only NTUC union members can get the card so you also get to enjoyed preferential rate (same as Income policy holders)

I would suggest race organizers could explore some new routes in north, east, or west.

Most of the route is marina-ECP based, I guess many ppl felt bored for the same route year after year and participants numbers go down.

1 hour ago, Haibei1971 said:

I would suggest race organizers could explore some new routes in north, east, or west.

Most of the route is marina-ECP based, I guess many ppl felt bored for the same route year after year and participants numbers go down.

is very sian liao thats why i also join runcation next yr 

for the fee and the decent race organisation and support, I won't complain. If only they change the finisher tee color again that would be fantastic

Fee and runner's entitlement updated. Open for registration now. Early Bird ends 15 Jan 2018 (but surely will extend due to 'popular' response) :crazysmile:

Decided to be a zero waste runner by not joining this run. :D Like that I am more zero waste than those that join as zero waste runner. 

2 hours ago, lonewolf said:

Fee and runner's entitlement updated. Open for registration now. Early Bird ends 15 Jan 2018 (but surely will extend due to 'popular' response) :crazysmile:

Fee increase by $4 this year.

Meaning if you opt to be a zero waste runner,  the race will cost the same as this year, but  you will not get any finishers.

I think the quality of the finishers are not good anyway, so will opt to be a zero waste runner this year. Any savings is better than nothing (its mentality like this that we don't get $10 discount instead haha).

16 hours ago, mover said:

Decided to be a zero waste runner by not joining this run. :D Like that I am more zero waste than those that join as zero waste runner. 

wah... like that also counted... haha.... 

Just now, AutumnRunner said:

wah... like that also counted... haha.... 

of cos count. But I think this is called 'Zero Race' Runner and not Zero Waste Runner. :crazysmile:

I guess better to be a 'Zero Race' runner than a 'Rubbish Bin' runner. :innocent:

15 hours ago, lonewolf said:

of cos count. But I think this is called 'Zero Race' Runner and not Zero Waste Runner. :crazysmile:

I guess better to be a 'Zero Race' runner than a 'Rubbish Bin' runner. :innocent:

i am sure bro @mover will run on his own and if he runs like any usual way, then he might not be "Zero Race" runner...

1 hour ago, AutumnRunner said:

i am sure bro @mover will run on his own and if he runs like any usual way, then he might not be "Zero Race" runner...

Run on his own and not joining races is still consider a "Zero Race" runner...you can at most say he is not a "Zero KM" runner....

Fee went up...................

Still cheap for 10km / 21km though (compared to 2XU crowded run)

Anyone has thoughts on the Mixed Team vs. Buddy Run rates? Seems like buddy run cheaper than Mixed Team? Confused....or I'm just too tired now & need sleep after a few late nights :lol:

4 hours ago, Arvin Tunas said:

If you have Passion Card, you can get those NTUC member/Income Policy Holder rates. 

Thanks for highlighting! 21km for $38!

This event is like any other and cannot see the Eco-ness of the run.

Volunteer to be Eco with a $4 discount and you can still take a cup from the check points and drop it on the floor. The organisers need to go much further, much deeper otherwise the "Eco" is just BS.

Always disappointed every year that the organisers  are too scared to really make it an "eco" event.

6 hours ago, Lady Ice said:

This event is like any other and cannot see the Eco-ness of the run.

Volunteer to be Eco with a $4 discount and you can still take a cup from the check points and drop it on the floor. The organisers need to go much further, much deeper otherwise the "Eco" is just BS.

Always disappointed every year that the organisers  are too scared to really make it an "eco" event.

If they make it 100%, they are afraid the runners' take up rate will be lower than previous years as it has always been....

1 hour ago, AutumnRunner said:

If they make it 100%, they are afraid the runners' take up rate will be lower than previous years as it has always been....

If they are already facing declining sign ups, all the more it is a good opportunity for them to take a bold move and make it a truly eco" run. Worst case scenario is they will still face declining numbers, but at least they will have better publicity for making it a true eco run.

But I think we all know that the eco theme is more of a gimmick thing than anything else.